Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#190392 by Mike Wilson Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:32 pm
Hello Janette,

Welcome to Scamwarners and thanks for posting this fake pet shipping company. Please post the email address used in this scam as that will make a good search key for others that maybe searching for information on this scam.
If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

The website has been reported for fraud.

www.unitedcargos.ucoz.com

+447031897597 UK personal redirect number that cn forward calls to any location

HEAD OFFIICE PHONE NUMBER:+380631180702 Mobile telephone
EMAIL: [email protected]

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#190552 by JLA1984 Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:11 am
Recently my boyfriend and I wanted to adopt a fennec fox, Initially the "shipping company" was calling him from Cameroon, we immediately felt it was a scam and made Western Union hold the money so they could not withdraw it, and got our $500 back.

We contacted another breeder, who seems legit. The shipping company seems legit and they are not in Cameroon and none of these transactions were being done out of the country. This was all out of Washington DC. Still not 100% convinced this is not a scam, we Western Unioned her $900 for all the paperwork and transport. Then the shipping company needed $1500 refundable insurance, but again, was supposed t o be sent to Washington DC. They gave me a tracking number that I can access through their website to track the status, and the kit is supposed to come tomorrow. The more I read about this the more nervous I get that we have just been scammed a lot of money. The shipping website is:
http://www.petairtravelagency.com.

Does anyone know if this website legit? Or am I going to regret this.

There were things that made me question this such as the Western Unioning money because there was congestion on their website and the credit card option was down, and because we had previous bad experience with the Cameroon incident made us question everything, but we have never dealt with a breeder before and not an actual company so we werent sure if this was normal. Plus they don't have a phone number or contact information on the website and the guy emailing me was avoiding providing me with a phone number.
Then there were things that made me believe it, such as the tracking number, the website and the fact that when in touch with the breeder, her email address was linked to her facebook page.
Last edited by JLA1984 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#190553 by AlanJones Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:19 am
I'm sorry, but legitimate businesses do not use Western Union to receive payments.

The website was set up in November and has absolutely no contact details on it.

It is definitely fake and is now being reported.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#190556 by JLA1984 Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 am
That is what I had thought but their email address was [email protected], it was not a gmal, hotmail, yahoo etc account. I tried doing as much research as possible before doing this but nothing seemed to match what everyone was saying. Guess I got scammed. Really sucks. Now I am out a fox that we were really looking forward to and $2000, that we really couldnt afford to lose in the first place. These people should burn for this. So messed up!
#190557 by AlanJones Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:49 am
JLA1984 wrote:their email address was [email protected], it was not a gmal, hotmail, yahoo etc account.

Unfortunately, anyone can buy a domain and hosting and set up a nice looking website.

Too late for you now unfortuately, but I would avoid looking for any sort of pet online that involves it being shipped to you - it is 99.99% certainly a scam. If you can't physically go and see and collect the pet then walk away.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#190567 by Mike Wilson Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:04 pm
petairways transportationagency [email protected]

PET AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL
PETS DELIVERY AND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Contact us: +23751264253/+23791804857

WESTERN UNION PAYMENT ADDRESS BELLOW

Full Names:...................AKWAYE KINGSLY AGABORI
City:......................................................BAMENDA
Address:..................................................MANKON
Zip Code:.................................................00237
Amount:.................................................400$

Record the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for your reference and email a copy of that (MTCN) to us immediately the payment is confirmed

You will need a pass question and answer:

Test question.................HOW SOON

Answer:................NOW

Online Payment Via By :Westernunion.com
Note:
After your payment,you will be given a ten(10)digit MTCN reference number,which you are required to mail it back to us or call us for your payment confirmation.

DEAR CLIENT,
Kindly email us with the payment reference number which is ten(10digits). As soon as the payment is done.Immediately the payment is confirmed, the Tracking Number as well as the delivery receipt to ensure a 100% assurance for the transaction of your Puppies to your location or home address
Please Do Email Use The Following Information After Your Payment:
-MTCN 10 Digits Numbers From The Receipt
-Sender's Full Names
-Sender's Address
-Receiver's Name
-Test Question And Answer
-Amount Paid
After payment you can also email us with the scan copy of the receipt given to you at the Western Union Post Office.

Hear are some Western Union Post Office around your area you can used to do the payment to us as soon as possible today .

THANKS
Stay to enjoy our services.
PET AIR WAY HOME DELIVERING SERVICE
FLIGHT DIRECTOR.
PEDRO DECHSON.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#190594 by JLA1984 Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:11 pm
AlanJones wrote:
JLA1984 wrote:their email address was [email protected], it was not a gmal, hotmail, yahoo etc account.

Unfortunately, anyone can buy a domain and hosting and set up a nice looking website.

Too late for you now unfortuately, but I would avoid looking for any sort of pet online that involves it being shipped to you - it is 99.99% certainly a scam. If you can't physically go and see and collect the pet then walk away.

Thank you. I have done some research on this and people say to refuse the additional charges, as they just sent me an email saying the pet needs a new carrier. I told them I did not have the money to lay out for this, and that we are willing to drive to Washington DC to pick up the fox, so as to save everyone the trouble and save us money. They still haven't responded. The breeder keeps texting me swearing up and down that this is real and she deals with them all the time and that she will contact the agency and work this out as I told her I was not paying any more money, and if she doesn't get this worked out for us, we are canceling the order, and I will continually harass them for ALL of the money back including the fees, even though nothing will come of it i'm sure.

It was our mistake for not recognizing the whole Western Union thing as a scam and just sending people we don't know money. This is the first time we have ever tried to contact a breeder so we really weren't sure of how this worked, we assumed dealing person to person, this was normal as opposed to dealing with a company or ordering off a website.

Now unfortunately we look like the jerks :/
#190601 by JLA1984 Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:01 pm
yea just tried to send them an email and their email address no longer exists as well as their website. Awesome.
#190656 by JLA1984 Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:52 am
I was just contacted by the breeder, she said that the web site was shut down due to fraud investigation, reported by me, and she said she is trying to work out everything with the company so they do not contact their lawyer which they are threatening to do, she said if i am still interested in receiving the fox, that she will pay all additional fees that it may cost to get him to us. We have pretty much come to terms that we are out $2500 regardless as long as we don't have to pay anything else, is this worth it? What if the website is real? can I get in trouble for this?
#190658 by Mike Wilson Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:08 pm
Hello JLA1984,
The website was shut down for fraud which makes the company it was portraying a fraud and a fake. The fox does not exist, the shipping company does not exist and the threat of legal action is just another lie to steal more money from you.
You can not be charged with neglect of an animal that was never in your possession. The best thing to do now is to stop all communication with this criminal, ignore all telephone calls and emails and they will go away and look for another victim to steal money from.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#190659 by JLA1984 Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:54 pm
Mike Wilson wrote:Hello JLA1984,
The website was shut down for fraud which makes the company it was portraying a fraud and a fake. The fox does not exist, the shipping company does not exist and the threat of legal action is just another lie to steal more money from you.
You can not be charged with neglect of an animal that was never in your possession. The best thing to do now is to stop all communication with this criminal, ignore all telephone calls and emails and they will go away and look for another victim to steal money from.

Thank you for your help Mike, Appreciate it!
#190660 by AlanJones Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:01 pm
These are the details that were used to register the domain

Registrant Name: MTA WEB HOSTING
Registrant Organization: MTA WEB HOSTING
Registrant Street: ANCIENT ROAD, AKWA
Registrant City: DOUALA
Registrant State/Province: Littoral
Registrant Postal Code: 00237
Registrant Country: CM
Registrant Phone: +237.98358712
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

In Cameroon and absolutely no relation to a pet transport company. In fact, MTA Web Hosting don't even have their own web site, so I'm not sure how they manage to host other people's sites.

#190709 by dtufts Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:27 pm
Hey Mike and Alan,

I was a target of this scam over the last month but ended up to trick the scammer into thinking he had duped me. This looks to be a pyramid scheme type fishing scam.

It turns out that a co-worker might be a part of this scam in some way. I'm going to confront him tomorrow.
Is there any information that you have on this Cameroon fraud case I could use against him or is there anything I could get from him to help put an end to this case?

cheers,
#190713 by Dotti Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:59 pm
Welcome dtufts,

This is not a pyramid scheme or phishing. It is straightforward advance fee fraud. The scammers simply promise the victims an animal they don't have. Then they simply tell the victim that he/she has to pay fees, usually in the form of fake shipping fees, insurance, and/or veterinary expenses, in order to receive the (nonexistent) animal.

If your co-worker is involved in this scam, then I assume that he either thinks he is buying an animal, or he has been pulled in to receive and forward money.

If he thinks he is buying an animal, the best thing you can do is direct him here if he is not understanding that the whole thing is a scam. No matter what they tell him and how much he pays, he will never receive an animal.

If he is receiving money and forwarding it to these people, he is potentially in for a whole mess of trouble. Receiving money obtained from a crime and forwarding it to the criminals is money laundering. Mules (people who receive and forward money or merchandise for criminals) can end up facing felony charges and significant jail time.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#190779 by dtufts Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:15 pm
I want to clarify that I was the targeted victim.

The co-worker told me said animals exist, he incriminated himself by telling me that he spent actual time with the animals in person and sent me pictures that have been proven to be fake/stolen from a few years ago.

The co-worker gave me the number that connected myself to the scammer in Cameroon. My understanding it is a Skype number.

He isn't touching the money yet and won't need to because I suspect he gets paid some sort of omission from the money I send to the Cameroon address I was given.

I was hoping you could give me more about I'm going to confront and turn him into authority in the next hour or so.