Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#118655 by shelbyhoole Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:11 pm
Hi everyone.
The Worldwide shipping company is still trying to get people to fall for their scams by using the penny saver. I was told I was being shipped a Rotweiler puppy and I would pay the courier when he dropped off the puppy. Then I was informed that I would need to ship the money via WESTERN UNION to a "friend" in CAMAROON. they told me to say it was a friend so the rates would be lower. the email is: [email protected]. Thank goodness I found this site or I would have been screwed over. :/
Advertisement

#118665 by Mike Wilson Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:51 pm
Hello shelbyhoole,
Welcome to Scamwarners and I am happy that you found us before losing any money to these criminals. Thank you for posting your experience as this will help others avoid this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#120896 by jfriesen Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 am
My girlfriend and I were pretty close to falling for this scam. Things started to get fishy once they started talking about the shady method of paying the transportation company, which is when we started googling and found this thread, saved us $200!

This is the first one I've seen that is in Canada, which threw us off, at first. In hindsight, it's painfully obvious that it was a scam, but to begin with I think we were just blinded by adorable kittens.

The scammer claimed to be Kallister Jones, a retired Vet from Dawson City, Yukon going in for surgery and unable to take care of her kittens any longer (the fact that Dawson City is a town of 1500 and probably doesn't even have a hospital, let alone a brain surgery facility, should have been a clue). The text of the first email is below. The emails came from [email protected], Subject of "my cute exotic kittens" and included lots of pictures.

----------
First email
----------
Hello
they are the best of kittens you would ever imagine.
They are three in number, male and female called Micky and Milly respectively.
I raised them my self and are used to kids.
i am a retired veterinarian ,so they had the best care required
Below are their details
Sex:Male and female
Specie: Exotic short hair kitten
Recognition:registered
Health Problem s: no health problem as of now
Living Conditions: They can live any where.
Trained: home and out door trained.
how many do you want?
where are you located?
have you a pet before?
thanks
----------
Second Email
----------
Hello Megan
I am happy you do love the kittens but am sorry for the distance,I have been sick for some time now and it has affected my hearing.i posted this ads after i got the appointment for my surgical operation in Dawson city. So i was called up for my pre surgical check up two days ago since am going in for Brain surgery.I will be in the intensive unit for 3 months.
I really want this kittens out for they need much love and care which am incompetent to render since am inactive.i would have been grateful if you could come this week,If not then am afraid we can not catch up.or we can use a pet transportation agency to transport the babies to your home.immediately i have your delivery details,i will send the kittens to your location.
I send one of them to Ontario just yesterday to a college lecturer and the baby is doing well.please note that you are oblige to pay for the transportation fee which is 200 dollars for one and 350 dollars for two.With the payment of this fee the following will be provided by the agency
1)Flight ticket
2) pet passport
3) pressurized pet Crate
4)vaccination
5)food its food guide book.

please i will need the following............
your full name
your postal code
your home address
your phone number

i will use the above information to register the kitten at the agency.
the delivery agency will use it to locate your home during delivery.
And also to draft the transfer of owner ship and adoption certificate for the kittens bearing your names.

Name.....Kallister Jones
Age .....56 years
Marital status....widow

Answers to your questions.
1) Where are you actually located?.........Dawson city on pre surgical test
2) Price ?........They are like my kids so am giving them for free. I just need a caring home.

They are friendly with other pets.
They will come along with their toys and all documents including registration updates.

WHEN ARE YOU COMING. since i have bad ears i will ask my sons permission to send his number to you.
thanks

kallister Jones M.
Extend my wishes to your beloved family.
Remember to pray.
#121047 by Mike Wilson Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 am
Hello jfriesen and welcome to scamwarners.

I happy to see that you found out about the scam before losing any money to this criminal. You are correct that the scammer is not in Dawson City, in fact he is in Cameroon Africa.

The emails from [email protected] originate from IP: 195.24.210.66 = Cameroon Africa.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#122211 by Mike Wilson Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:31 pm
www.airpetsoceanic.webs.com

CONTACT AIR PETS OCEANIC DELIVERY AGENCY

Contact numbers :
+1765374416 +15873336519
Ukraine: +380930781657
UK: +447023095891
+447031868660

OUR ADDRESS.

Air Pets Delivery Agency Ltd,
KIEV, 90380

UKRAINE.

TELEPHONE.
[email protected]

the website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#122218 by Mike Wilson Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm
http://www.airpetsoceanic.webs.com
[email protected]

CONTACT AIR PETS OCEANIC DELIVERY AGENCY

Contact numbers :
+1765374416 +15873336519
Ukraine: +380930781657
UK: +447023095891
+447031868660

OUR ADDRESS.

Air Pets Delivery Agency Ltd,
KIEV, 90380

UKRAINE.

the website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#122504 by flower2012 Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:35 am
I need help ok so a week ago my husband found a yorkie puppy on line so the lady said we just had to paid $250 for the shipping and delivery she came with everything and she was supposed to be here the next day and the airport send me an email I had to pay for the papers pike $570 more n the same thing again n plus 221$ for feeding and logging and now $755 for some cage she needs to be in and they said if I didn't pay they will "sue" us I need help is this a scam
#122519 by Mike Wilson Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:09 am
Welcome to scamwarners flower2012,
I am sorry to hear that you lost money to these criminals. Yes, it is a scam and there are no live animals involved.
The threat to "sue' is an empty threat to get you to send more money. They will give you a deadline to pay and if you don't pay they will send you another deadline all in an attempt to intimidate you so that you will send more money.
Do Not send any additional funds to thes criminals.
They criminal will not file charges against you because then they would have to show up in court and prove they actually have the animals.

Stop all communication and they will eventually go away and look for another victim that will pay.

Please post the email with the threat along with any email addresses used in this scam. This information will help others avoid this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#122549 by flower2012 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 am
Amsterdam-Schiphol Pet Travelers [email protected]

10:24 AM (21 hours ago)

to me

UPDATE ON PARCEL LABELLED Order/Reg.NO. 817-87334/fl/25

Dear CLIENT

THIS IS A REPORT FROM AMSTERDAM REGARDING YOUR PARCEL(NINA) WHICH WAS TO LEAVE Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport TO San Jose International Airport (SJC)

CRATE # ZHP-013H1200
REGISTRATION CODE: Order/Reg.NO. 817-87334/fl/25

Airport..............San Jose International Airport (SJC)

ITS RATHER UNFORTUNATE WE CANNOT GO AHEAD WITH THIS SHIPPING INTO THE USA AS IT DOES NOT MEET ALL USDA AND AKC REQUIREMENTS TO FLY AN ANIMAL INTO THE USA. OUTLINED BELOW ARE THE REQUIREMENTS WE WILL REQUIRE TO MEET UP WITH BEFORE WE CAN PROCEED.

A THERMAL ELECTRONIC CRATE REQUIRED!

>>> A THERMAL ELECTRONIC CRATE FOR AN ITEM IN THE PARCEL (Puppy), IS REQUIRED AS THE PRESENT WEATHER CONDITION OF YOUR LOCATION DOES NOT PERMIT US TO FLY THE PUPPY WITHOUT THIS T.E. CRATE. A SUMMARY OF THE PRESENT WEATHER CONDITION IS PROVIDED BELOW.

Lat: 52.30N, Lon: 4.77E
ICAO Used: EHAM

Showers
Showers
Temp: 27°C
°C = °F
Enter temp. to convert.

Humidity: 67%
Wind Speed: NNW 24 km/h
Barometer: 1025 mb
Dewpoint: 8°C
Heat Index: 14°C
Wind Chill: 12°C

AMSTERDAM AIRPORT SCHIPHOL TIME: 2:51:56 PM 8/31/2012
Standard Time Zone: GMT 1 (?)
What time is it in Amsterdam Airport Schiphol?
Civil Twilight: 5:13 AM GMT1 Full Moon
Full Moon
Sunrise: 5:49 AM GMT1
Sunset: 7:31 PM GMT1
Civil Twilight: 8:07 PM GMT1

SO WITH THIS WEATHER CONDITION, FLYING THE PUPPIES INTO San Jose International Airport (SJC)WITHOUT AN ELECTRONIC CRATE WILL RISK THE LIFE OF YOUR PUPPIES. SO A T.E. CRATE IS REQUIRED WITHOUT WHICH, WE CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THE SHIPPING.THIS CRATE IS A TEMPERATURE AUTOMATIC REGULATOR CRATE.

HOW TO GET THE ELECTRONIC CRATES FOR YOUR PARCEL.

WE OFFER ELECTRONIC CRATES AT OUR AIRPORT. WE DO NOT SELL THESE CRATES TO OUR CUSTOMERS BUT OFFER THEM ON HIRE/RENTAL TERMS TO SAFEGUARD PETS ON FLIGHT. THE MONEY PAID FOR CRATE RENTALS WILL BE FULLY REFUNDED BACK TO THE RECEIVER (ONLY), UPON DELIVERY OF THE PARCEL BY THE DELIVERY AGENT AND PROPER IDENTIFICATION FROM THE RECEIVER. THE T.E. CRATE WILL BE WITHDRAWN BY THE DELIVERY AGENT UPON DELIVERY AND YOU WILL BE TAKING YOUR PARCEL WITH THE VENTILATED CRATE THAT WAS BROUGHT HERE FROM BRUSSELS BELGIUM

NOTE

THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE ELECTRONIC CRATE WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL BY THE DELIVERY MAN INSTANTLY AT THE POINT OF DELIVERY.

HOW MUCH?

Thermal Electronic 024 PD AND 024PD -----------------$755.00

YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE MONEY TO THE DOUALA INETRANATIONAL AIRPORT CAMEROON

WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT THE IS A TECHNICAL PROBLEM WITH THE PAYMENT SYSTEM AT THE BRUSSELS AIRPORT. SO YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT TO OUR AIRPORT CRATES BRANCH IN DOUALA CAMEROON.

FOR THE PAYMENT, YOU ARE ADVISED TO DO THE PAYMENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF FEEDING AND LOGGING IN DOUALA CAMEROON USING THE BELOW ADDRESS. YOU SHOULD USE THE WESTERN UNION SINCE THEY ARE HAVING A TEMPORAL PROBLEM WITH THEIR CREDIT CARD SYSTEM .

First name : TEHJI FRANKLYN

Last Name: ASAMBANG

address: RUE-AKWA NEW BELL

zip code : 00237

amount:$ 755.00 USD

WHEN MAKING PAYMENTS TO OUR DEPARTMENT IN CAMEROON,THEY WILL BE A TEXT QUESTION AND ANSWER REQUIRED.SO YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY

test question :NEEDED FOR?

answer :NINA.

AS SOON AS YOU DO THIS PAYMENT,GET BACK TO US WITH THE 10 DIGITS WESTERN UNION TRANSFER NUMBER AND THE FULL SENDER'S NAME FOR PAYMENT CONFIRMATION AND ALSO REMEMBER TO KEEP A COPY OF THE PAYMENT RECEIPT AS YOU WILL HAVE TO PRESENT TO THE DELIVERY AGENT BEFORE YOU GET YOUR REFUNDS..

Stay to enjoy the services of The Pets Port carriers..

ipata_pet_logo

8 older messages
Amsterdam-Schiphol Pet Travelers
YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND, WE WERE NOT GOING TO CHARGE YOU OR ANYTHING ELS...
6:59 AM (1 hour ago)
Myra Nava

7:03 AM (1 hour ago)

to Amsterdam-Schi.

No puppy then no money

this is what they send
#122555 by flower2012 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:31 am
can some one help me this is what they send me now

Amsterdam-Schiphol Pet Travelers [email protected]

8:25 AM (5 minutes ago)

to me

WE ARE GIVING YOU TILL TOMORROW EVENNING. IF YOU DON'T PAY FOR THE CRATE FOR HER TO BE TRANSPORTED ,THEN WE ARE GOING TO FILE A CASE FOR YOU AND NINA IN COURT FOR ABANDONMENT AND MALTREAT.
#122584 by Mike Wilson Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:45 pm
Scammer wrote

WE ARE GIVING YOU TILL TOMORROW EVENNING. IF YOU DON'T PAY FOR THE CRATE FOR HER TO BE TRANSPORTED ,THEN WE ARE GOING TO FILE A CASE FOR YOU AND NINA IN COURT FOR ABANDONMENT AND MALTREAT.

That is total and complete nonsense. You can not be charged with abondoment of and animal when you have never had possession of the animal. These criminals are probably located in Africa and will not be filing any charges against you.

If they acutally had the dog, which they don't, then it is their responsibilty to provide for the welfare of the dog because it is their possession.

Do NOT send any money and just ignore the emails and telephone calls.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#123642 by keekouu Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:43 pm
I have come across few of these in my efforts to find a Dalmatian, fortunately I am a cynic and utilize Google for everything. After almost getting scammed by the first, I have come to the conclusion that the best way to avoid is to at least pretend like you want to meet them to purchase your pet.

Here is the first, hopefully I have the rest too.

Hello,

Thanks for getting to me concerning my lovely puppies they are still available both male and female named Roxy, King, Clody and Lily. they are 11 - 12 weeks old at the moment, their names are on their photo Roxy and King are the male while Clody and Lily are the female they are well trained and have a good temperaments and personality, pure breed and will definitely be of good looking to you and your family. They love playing with kids and other home pets. Your puppy will be coming with the following documents: Certificate of health, Health guarantee, Pedigree, Travel crate, A couple weeks’ food, transfer of ownership certificate and a care Manual book. However, before letting you have the puppy, i will like to know something’s about you, so i would like to ask you some questions. My questions are:

1) Have you ever had a puppy before?
2) Why do you need these puppies?
3) Do you want them for breeding?
4) Where are you located?
5) Can you promise you can take very good care of them?
6) How many will you need and what sex (es) male or female? Let us know the name of the one you will need.
7) What kind of accommodation can you provide to this puppy?

Each puppy goes for ($300). i am also located in
3713 Wallingford, Springdale MD 20774 and my number is, 1 (510) 463-4732. With these puppies i am just looking for a good home for them. I have place the ad in so many states to look for any good family that can adopt any of them. if you really love any of them and you are not able to come for the pick up by yourself i can still let you have the puppy and i can arrange for the puppy to be ship over to your and it will cost you extra ($100) and that will make a total of ($400) for you to purchase and transport the puppy over to your home please do let me know the one you will be needing so that i can give you more information and pictures.
Thanks and waiting
Mr.David William

Here is another;

You're lucky to have mailed at this time because the puppy has just been placed on adoption by one of my customers, who went on a Missionary transfer with the West African Missionaries, West Africa. He is giving the pup up for adoption for $350 because he cant take good care of the pup due to his busy and tight schedule at church and at his missionary work. All he wants is someone that's homely and with a good christian home to adopt this young and lovely human best friend." he will give the Puppy to you if you promise to take good care of the puppy. He needs a christian and caring home for his puppy because he really wants the puppy to go to a good home. If you are willing to take the puppy contact Rev at " [email protected] "
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2012 3:05 PM
Subject: Regarding Dal M

And here is the last, his reply to my question is pretty telling.

No.. not at all

To: Joss Joss <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 3, 2012 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: Regarding Dalmatian

Wow, I got this exact message from someone with the name of tina m taylor. Does your conscience ever bother you?!

Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2012 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Regarding Dalmatian

You're lucky to have mailed at this time because the puppy has just been placed on adoption by one of my customers, who
went on a Missionary transfer with the West African Missionaries, West Africa .He is giving the pup up for adoption for
$300 because he cant take good care of the pup due to his busy and tight schedule at church and at his missionary work. All
he wants is someone that's homely and a caring person to adopt this young and lovely human best friend." he will give the
Puppy to you if you promise to take good care of the puppy. he needs a neat and caring home for his puppy becuase he really
wants the puppy to go to a good home. If you are willing to take the pupspys contact the Rev at [email protected]

Thanks
#124043 by sentinalmk Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:44 am
Lizzy Cardo

Scam pet seller

They used a transaction using the cover of a real company: Cathay Pacific

They however stated their HQ to be in Cameroon. they then say that they are various different companies sending emails from different addresses but they have the same font and frequent informational and grammatical mistakes. they also use cut and paste pictures of images that may relate to where they say the message is coming from.

They also phrase thing so it sounds like you are helping Lizzy Cardo and her 'poor pet' making the scam even more effective.
#124045 by Mike Wilson Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:06 pm
Hello sentinalmk and welcome to scamwarners.

Please post an email showing this scam as that will help others that are searching for information on this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam