Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#75004 by fasebuch Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm
I contacted [email protected] to inquire about dogs for sale I saw on pets oodle. A person claiming to be Gully Sidewell emailed me back, saying they were in Portland Oregon. The person wrote in very broken English, which immediately made me suspicious and brought to mind the Cameroon pet scammers. I asked for more details about the pet courier company they claimed they needed $300 for before they could deliver the animal, but that information was not forthcoming. I finally had "Gully Sidewell" call me, and the number showed up as "+0," which I believe is international. I asked where he was calling from and he repeated his claim that he was from Portland Oregon. I asked him outright if it was a scam and he said "you are very stupid" and hung up.

From a quick google search of "gullysb" or "[email protected]" I saw that this scammer has tried to scam people out of money on numerous pet webstes, for various different kinds of animals. This webste actually came up but I could not find the exact post. Does anyone else have experience with the pet scammer "Gully Sidewell" or "gullysb?"
Last edited by fasebuch on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#75019 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:15 pm
Hi fasebuch and welcome to scamwarners. I do not have any specific information on this scammer but he does follow the common posting methods of a pet scammer from Cameroon.

Whenever you see a pet ad on oodle.com that displays a email address then it almost certain to be a scam.

The terms of service for oddle does not allow posting of seller email address so the scammers either put their email address in the photo of the pet or as in the case of this scammer they post their email address with a non standard format.

(gullysb h o t m a i l c 0 m) << a human can figure this out but the auto dection in oodle does not recognise this as an email address and leaves the post active.

Can you please post the email and header that you received from this scammer. Edit and remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#75026 by fasebuch Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:24 pm
Gully Sidewell [email protected] to ____

show details 11:55 AM (8 hours ago)

Hello , thanks
for the mail regarding my adorable puppies i do have 2 PUPPIES
LEFT.Outstanding personality and behavior that you can't help it but
fall in love with them.Home raised and potty trained.Up to date in all
shots.10 weeks old ripe for home adoption.All
i am interested in is a loving and caring home and a home that would
give them all the love,affection and attention that they deserve.KC Reg
and would be coming with all clothing,toys,blanket,for $300 including
shipping and home delivery.Please if i may ask Where are you located?How is the nature of your job?Are you married?and with kids?What sex of my puppies do you need or do you need both?do you often go on Vacations or business trips?just to know how new home would look like.All
me and my lovely family has ever offer these puppies from day one is
just love and that is what is making her grow very healthy and happy
and that is all what we want them to experience in their new loving home.so
if you are sure of giving this lovely puppy or puppies home as they
can be taken both or separately a befitting happy home,then we would
be very much happy to let any go over to you. please email back to
confirm to us if you are willing to give any of my puppies a good home.Thanks and waiting for your convenient responds
#75183 by Mike Wilson Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:36 pm
I have confirmed this scammer is in Cameroon, Africa.

X-Originating-IP: [41.202.197.83] = Cameroon

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon