Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#81514 by AlanJones Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 am
This one is the oposite way round to the majority of pet scams. Here the scammer has bulk mailed people to buy a puppy.

hello this is Courtney Lopex,did you still have puppy for sale you can
email back the pics and price.Hope to hear from you as soon as you
can.
Regards,
Lopex.

If you respond, you get the following

Hi..
Thanks very much for your response. I love to buy one lovely female puppy from the puppies you have for sale ...please kindly reserve one puppy for me for my child birthday,i want you to understand that its because am hearing impaired that why i am texting you hope you will understand me . I am sending you this email to make final reconfirmation of the puppy which am
willing to buy the puppy for my son as his Birthday present and I also want to let you know that payment will be by Money Order. However, I want to alert you on the fact that you will be receiving the Money Order this week or next week and payment will cover your cost and as well as the shipping cost to be paid to the shipping agent that will take care of the pickup in your house. So please as soon as you receive the payment, get it cashed immediately, deduct your own fund that accrues to you and send the remaining balance to the Head Office of the company that handles the shipment via Western union. more so, I will pay you an extra $55 if you can reserve this for me. So in view of the above, Here are some of the details I will need for final issuance of the Money Order to you.
(1) Full Name
(2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please
(3) your direct telephone number both home and cell.?
{4} Acceptance of my offer
(5} Final asking price

Once you get back to me with all the above information, the Money Order will be issued out immediately and it will be sent to you.
Regards,
Lopex.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#81774 by Jillian Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 pm
Thank you for posting the additional email address, Aussies3.

For anyone reading this, this is a fraudulent check/overpayment scam, which we have detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3237
The scammer will play the role of the shipper/courier he wants you to pay for him with the extra that he'll include in your payment. Any payment he sends you is fraudulent, regardless of the type (check, money order, etc). You'll be financially and legally responsible for it and will have lost any money you sent on to the supposed shipper.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners