Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#83859 by AlanJones Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 am
Hello Dear,
just saw ur message regarding the hyacinth macaw parrot that we want to give out.Its a female called Blue.she is 18 months old now.You can call us on 216-769-4876. Due to extreme personal reasons and life changes, I must find her a new home. It has nothing to do with Blue. Blue will not be the right bird for most homes, she needs a really special home. If you are looking for that special bird, please read more about her. If you are interested
in her, I would be happy to talk about her with you, but only after you have read everything below.
Blue is is going through her first molt - hence the little white feathers - Sorry!. I have been training blue since she was just weeks old. She was hand fed and raised and trained to be a "PR" bird. What I mean by this, is that she was raised and trained to be in the public, and handled by the public. She has been featured in many photo shoots, and has been used for educational programs, nursing homes, exhibition shows, and much more. I raised her to be comfortable in the "public eye". Due to her extensive training, she is very social and very friendly. she has a wonderful comical
personality typical of macaws. she is quite the goof when you get to know her. she has none of the bad habits associated with most "older" birds.
Blue can talk, likes to lie on her back and to be cuddled. she is very affectionate and loving. she likes to be scratched on her head and under her wings. she steps up every time you ask. she has been well trained. she will do well in just about any home where she will get constant attention. she does not scream, and is very quiet for a larger parrot, again this is due to her training.
Unfortunately we are unable to keep this great bird due to serious changes in our circumstances.we want to give her out coz my husband and i went to the hospital some days back after i have been vomiting (approx. thrice a day) and also noticing general body weakness and the Doctor discovered that i am 3 months pregnant.Though good news to my husband and i, we weren't prepared for this as we had left Texas and we're now presently in OHIO for our Honey Moon.Had it been we knew earlier of the pregnancy, we would have postponed our honey moon and stayed back .More so, the pregnancy has been causing much weakness in me so much so that i do not have that required time and energy to devote on Blue.for us continue keeping Blue is like preventing her from her rights as a pet.I feel like she's not having that required time from us to cuddle and pet her.Besides, i want to concentrate more on my pregnancy as this is the first baby that we are expecting as couples and won't want any extra load on me.We are enjoying ohio and do not want to return back now, else we will just fly back.Besides, i do not like traveling when pregnant as it endangers my unborn child...''HONEY THIS IS OUR FIRST BABY AND I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO HIM'' says my darling husband...she's already wishing for a male child...OHH men... LOL...
My husband and i have decided to re home her to any gentle and loving family that is willing to usher the full required time to her.Hope your family is gonna be the best for blue if and only if,you can provide us with some info about your home...that will help us better understand your home.That's your family composition, their reactions towards pets in general, whether or not you've owned pets before and how do you intend welcoming blue into your home. Well i will be willing to give out the baby to your home provided you are going to give her all the necessary care and attention that she deserves in the world.i am not very much concerned about money now, all i want is to ensure that she finds a good home.The $700 that we're asking for the parrot is just to take care of little expenses that we recently carried out on the parrot like her new cage and playtoys and also expenses for vet check up.we're accepting upfront deposit of half the fee before shipping her to you.

Blue is on a pelleted diet. she also eats fresh foods daily along with a couple of shell nuts every day. Blue needs a home where she will be out of her cage most of the day, getting lots of attention. That is what she is used to. If you think you are interested in Blue, please contact me. I will also include all of her toys and food samples. she is still a baby, and would make an excellent addition to any home. she's better than getting a tiny bird, because she's already trained. It will break my heart to part with her, so I would really enjoy a home that would keep me up dated on how she's adjusting. I'm not asking to see her, that would be too hard for me, but an update now and again and pictures would be good.
N/B, since you are in Florida, we'll have to ship the parrot to you so do get back with your full address in Miami, FL so that we can proceed with the shippig arrangement.regards
Katarina

Meanwhile , i want you to promise me that you are going to send me update pictures of blue when you get her, because she's just like a real biological kid to me though i have to let her go. Atleast, this pictures will help me know how she's doing in your home.
Well, i just inquired the shipping cost from the airport here in Ohio that i will be shipping blue through and they said it will cost you $90 for the shipping fee. They also told me that there is a flight schedule to your location (Florida) today Monday at 4pm in the so i will like to get blue on that flight. As for the $700 for the parrot, you'll have to send half of it that is, $350 to us upfront through western union since it is simple and easy to pick up the money coupled with the air freight ($90), so that we can pay for the flight ticket and send a copy of it to you. i will also give the airport your contact details so that they can contact you with more details on the flight once i make the reservation with them.so, you should send the following details so that i can drive to the airport and drop blue there, while registering her under your names so that she can be flown on the flight.;

receiver's full names
state
city
street address
house number
phone number
name of the closest airport to your location

Note that blue will be coming inside her cage so you don't have to get a new cage for her okay? also, i'll be sending her with her veterinary papers. I will also include her feeding manual which will guide you on what to feed her.
Once more, i still want to reiterate that you shouldn't break your promise on taking good care of blue once you get her coz she's a darling. you will see that for yourself when you get her. i will be waiting for your reply asap. Regards
Katarina

attached to this email are more photos of blue and my husband, hope you like them. i will be emailing you shortly

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#83868 by AlanJones Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:11 am
The scammer is actually located in Cameroon and not Ohio as they claim

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.202.197.245
Originating ISP: Orange Cameroun Local Registry
City: n/a
Country of Origin: Cameroon
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#84497 by kcaberc Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 am
They have multi scams on http://www.birdsnow.com/bird-ad-466880 all over birds now suggest u stay off this site..was not limited to just the one, all kinds of birds on here are scams. Just remember folks if its too good to be true it is, no one is going to give you one of these exotics this cheap when there are hundreds of places they could sell for a catching fair and if it so sentimental and sappy its a huge scam warning its only to appeal to your soft side.ive dealt in many exotics and know reparable sellers from scams on all types of species. pls be careful !