Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#87236 by ctally Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 am
Hi all,
I am not very internet savvy, but I am quite a suspicious person. Having sent an email regarding some labradoodle puppies that are for sale on various sites, I received these emails in return. Alarms bells started ringing initially because the price was so reasonable, but did get "hooked" probably because we are so desperate to get another dog having recently lost our lovely labrador . Here are the emails if that's ok;

Hiya, just got your interest email about our Labradoodle Puppiesur puppies are 11 weeks old and ready to go now, we have attach photos for you. They are 2 females and a Male, by names Dexter,Precious and Sonia, we are re-homing them as pets indoor, My puppies are born and raised in my home oh forgot they are fully kc registered, they are the sweetest little ones, very social, and they love to snuggle and give kisses, vaccinate as d against parvovirus and wormed up to date. Guaranteed to be free from any congenital defect, and routine deworming, with dew claws removed, all Vet checked and will come with a 5-generation pedigree and one-year genetic health guarantee. I also provide some basic supplies like starter kit such as food, toys, pads, we are a loving pet family, also looking for good and loving pet families to re home puppies, will like to know about you for future sake before giving the puppies:

> Whats your name?
> where do you live?
> Do you often go out with your pets?
> Have you got a pet now?
> IS your current pet use to other pets and vet checked also?
> Do you have a vet? What about your family and kids?
> When are you ready for a puppy?
> Can you please tell me more you know about pets and this breed
especially?

Photos attached, please choose puppy you want if you cannot travel and collect, and we will arrange home delivery for you.

Sorryyyyyyyyyy for asking alot we just wanna make sure our puppies is safe where he or she is going, which sex you want? Each puppy cost £260, but We offer a health certificate for 6months to you, and also a pedigree pet food manual. They are very Cute puppies. You can see the puppies any time you want, we are in back Kirkwall as we have our own home there now , it is in Scotland and we can give you our address for view, if it is too far, then i can drive the puppy to you, or send the puppy to your house by a Professional PET courier service that carriers puppy around for people. The delivery will cost about £30. Please our interest in more on the home you have for this pup. Just heard that one of our pup which we gave out was rescued by the rescue team, because the family we sent the pup into, did not take proper care of the puppy and this is what we hate. Please get back to us with more about your home and you. About these puppies:

These dogs are loyal, gentle and playful and very fun of his or her family. A puppy at heart, they are clever, sociable and loving, easy-going and docile. Though they do generally have a lot of energy, especially as puppies. Good with children and friendly with strangers, they are not watchdogs, for they bark little and love everyone. These puppies are very intelligent and trainable, but they have a mind of their own and will only obey a command if they see the point and if you do not display leadership, they will not see the point in obeying you. Please get back to me asap. photos attached.
Regards
I sent this back -

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your swift reply with regards to your beautiful pups

I think I have already fallen in love with them all (especially Dexter!)

In answer to your (very important) questions ;

- We are C and P and are mum and dad to S (8yrs), I (6yrs), and E (2yrs).

- We live about 12 miles East of Manchester, surrounded by the Pennines (lovely for lots of doggy walks!)

- Unfortunately, we recently lost our beloved black labrador (Bramley) who we had for 13 years from being a pup. He died of heart failure whilst out in the snow with us. We don't wish to replace Bramley, rather just fill the hole that Bramley has left in our family. There's a lot of love here waiting for a new family pet.

- The vets we use/used are in Halifax My sister is a vetinary nurse and has been fantastic in helping us deal with our recent bereavement.

- We feel that we are very ready for a puppy now. The children have been told that any pup that we get is NOT a toy and there will be some strict ground rules for all concerned in the beginning. Although I realise that Labradoodles are very child friendly, I would never leave a dog alone with a child ( for both the dog's and the child's protection).

I hope this answers all your questions, though please do not hesitate to ask if you would like more information.

Unfortunately, Kirkwall is a VERY long way from where we live! Having looked on google maps, it appears that it would be in excess of an 11 hour drive. I understand that you could drive the pups to us, but how would that work, and how would the pups be having to travel that distance at sucha young age?

Also, could you give me an indication as to how big the fully grown dog would be? Dexter looks like he has pretty big paws!! Although we are not averse to having a large-ish dog (Bram was a hefty black lab!), we were looking for a medium sized dog that would be a bit more portable! We love camping and it'd be great to take the dog with us wherever we go.

Thanks so much again - your dogs are obviously well loved and well cared for.

This is the reply;

Thanks for the fast and warm reply C,

We are almost so happy knowing one of our pups got a nice home already, we think you are a right person and will not hesitate sending you the puppy you want, these puppies as earlier said are house and hommy trained and will fit any loving family, please once again we will count on your words as being an excellent family to the puppy, that's fantastic you about dogs already meaning you know more and much about dogs and pets,we will give you Dexter, the male Labradoodle Puppy, he recently took his injection and he will be arriving in good health condition, he will be coming with all his healths record. Very companion with other home pets and likes to be taken for a walk. Oh i am happy because he will be given the best love and care he wants. I will use the pet transport service to get him over to you okay.

He is 11 weeks old perfect Labradoodle Puppy,with full bloodiness, good temperament and personality. He's KC registered, Vet checked, Up to date on short and vaccination. He will come with all his registration papers up to date. The puppy will be coming from Kirkwall, Scotland. Since you are not close to us, we shall use the pet transport service to get him delivered to your home so we shall require you to email us with you delivery address so the registration can be done this evening and the delivery will proceed first thing tomorrow morning and about the delivery,the charges will be £30 hope is not too much for you. The information i will need from you is below

Your Full Names
Home Address
Post Code
City
Mobile Number
Land Line Number

As soon as i have all the information, i will first get the puppy registered for delivery and will let you know. all what you will have to pay is the total of £290 ( puppy and courier cost ) which you will pay that directly to the delivery service so they will activate the puppy delivery ticket. He will come with all his paper work, Playing Toys, Feeding Menu Booklet and his feeding Booklet guide. Since you guys are not closer to us, we shall us the pet transportation service to get the Puppy over to you since they are very fast, cheap and reliable. They will take proper care of him during transportation okay. i think Dexter will have an average shoulder height of 11-25 in (30-63 cm) and weighs 20-80 lbs (8-40 kg). thanks and i will be waiting to read from you soon.

Best Regards

Terrible English and so far away (the original advert said they were in Ormskirk). Just want these gits to be stopped. I was nearly sucked in due to me feeling so low after my dog dying. I did then send another email saying we had decided to camp up there so could I have their address. Needless to say I haven't heard anything yet.......

Anyone have any thoughts, or has anyone heard of this before?

Here is the original advert that I responded to ;
http://www.dogsandpuppies.co.uk/nanny_b ... ert/148443

Here are the email headers also ;

Received: by 10.52.163.42 with SMTP id yf10csp23591vdb;
Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:37:43 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.213.21.208 with SMTP id k16mr427642ebb.74.1330079863105;

Received: from dub0-omc4-s14.dub0.hotmail.com (dub0-omc4-s14.dub0.hotmail.com. [157.55.2.89])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id n12si3124421eef.20.2012.02.24.02.37.42;

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 157.55.2.89 as permitted sender) client-ip=157.55.2.89;

X-Originating-IP: [41.202.197.111]

Thank you so much, and apologies for the extremely large post - I just wanted to show exactly what has gone on (today!).
Advertisement

#87239 by AlanJones Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 am
An analysis of the IP address from the email headers shows that they are a long way from Kirkwall.

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.202.197.111
Originating ISP: Orange Cameroun Local Registry
City: n/a
Country of Origin: Cameroon
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

So it is a definite scam.

Edit: A search of the email address shows that they are also "selling" a West Highland Terrier puppy and claiming to be based in Laverton, Bath.
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#87240 by Justin Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am
Hello ctally!

Your suspicions are correct this is 100% a scam. It's actually a pretty common one we have an entire forum dedicated to it here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

There is no puppy just a scammer trying to steal your money. The IP originates from Cameroon where most of the pet scammers operate from.

Just stop all communications and they will go away.

Justin