Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#89121 by jadesmommy2003 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:45 pm
I was almost scammed by Erica Miller out of "Columbus, Ohio". She was offering a 11 week old Teacup Yorkie with papers for adoption. She sent me a shipping bill from "JAT-airways". They have no contact information, asked for $285 which "due to bank issues" had to be wired directly to their "verified shipping agent". There is a JAT airlines that operates only out of Russia, does not even come to the US and the pictures on the email are linked to "pro Pet Transporters" who are also questioned in fraud. Erica's address on the bill is the address of a church in Ohio. She insisted that a "friend" used it before without a problem and when I suggested a different carrier she said she already registered with JAT and JAT claims they already had the dog waiting for my payment in the bill. I avoided a scam this morning and i hope this helps others to avoid the same. :beer:
Advertisement

#89182 by AlanJones Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 am
Hello jadesmommy2003 and welcome to ScamWarners.

Could you post up the email addresses that the scammer is using as this will help others avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#89831 by Hockey Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:34 pm
Hi, one female left and up for adoption she's 11 weeks old teacup sized,
at the moment weights 2.5Ibs, she is still up for adoption to any pet
loving home, not for breeding or showing. She is  health registered
and current on all shots and vaccines, she is one loving and chubby
pet especially with kids and other pets. She's not for sale, we don't
value money over our baby. We're giving her out to any pet loving
family promising to cater her.  We giving her out because my husband
got promoted we'd to relocate, we moved into   this apartment
according to lease pets are not allowed. We've been given 5 days to
get rid of our pets. So we've taken upon ourselves to find the best
home ever for our puppy. In guiding us in our search for home filled
with love, what can you tell us about yourself and family to assure us
you'll be able to cater for our baby. we appreciate you get back to us
asap with a contact number and requested information assuring us of her safety.
Look forward reading your respond.
PS: Check attachment for photos of puppy

This is what she just sent me!!!!!
#90632 by cey1 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:36 am
the same person tried to scam me this morning thank you so much for your post is disgusting what these people are doing to pet lovers and there families in order to make a quick buck she send me the info said that they had to relocate and that all i had to pay was 250 for the adoption papers to be put in my name and then she will ship the puppy i said that she was a scammer and that i was all set and that they made me sick she said i was very ungrateful and i told her that she was a piece of crap but everyone should beware of this ERICA MILLER email address [email protected] now she said that she lives in Minneapolis, MN and they all do the same thing ask you for your phone number and then send you text through yahoo!!!