Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#14993 by Arnold Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:15 am
Hello
Thanks for the concern interest you have for my little Shella.She is 12 weeks old of Age. She is potty trained and has a good relationship with other pets and kids in the house hold.The concern you have for my little Shella, i will like you to promise me of monthly updates and pictures so i know how she is doing with her new family.She is healthy vet checked, Registered and is coming along with a year health guarantee certificate.Playful too as she is,she demands lots of attention because she like playing and rubbing her belly on the ground.You will not regret having her as a home pet,she will be a very nice and close companion for you and my priority is not the asking price but a nice home for her,She is raised as a family pet. She is given lots of love and special attention and will expect even more love i will like to ask you the following questions if you do not mine:

1)have you ever own a puppy before?
2)Do you have kids?
3)Can you take very good care of Shella?
4)Where are you located?

Shella is spoiled rotten and will want to be with you all the time. Presently,I just move to my new home which is in Belfast where i work like a full time volunteer with the Irish peace corp organization and will like you to come and get Shella here but if you can't then we shall only have to send her by using a pet transport agency which will deliver her at your home and you will have to only pay for the transportation cost which i have contacted a delivery agency and they told me it will cost 200 pounds to deliver Shella over to you. So all i will need is for your full delivery details so that they could deliver Shella at your home.

1)Full names?
2)Full home address?
3)Contact numbers?
4)City?
5)City Zip code?
6)Nearest air port?

On the attachment are some recent pictures of Shella .

The more reason why i really need a home for this puppy is due to the nature of my job.
Thanks

"She" uses a fictitious pet transport service, [email protected] with a different IP address, so I think there is a team of two scammers involved. You will be asked to pay one fee then a much larger amount for insurance. Shella responds to complaints by blaming the courier, and offers to assist with part payment of the insurance out of her own pocket if the victim claims to be unable to pay the full amount.

Advertisement

#50849 by jaly05 Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 pm
Hello,

Your post is so familiar to mine. They stated almost the same situations like
Thank you for the interest of the puppy, how old was the puppy, they stated too that the puppies was potty trained and is great with kids, that they had the health certificates and all, also as well as money is not an option but a loving home is what the puppy needs. The person sounds exactly like the one that was emailing me. I finally now know that I am dealing with a scam artist and want nothing to do with them. I hope you didn't do anything further because it sounds like a scam!!
#50858 by Bubbles Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:39 am
It is a scam. Please stop all contact with the scammer, they are good at keeping you engaged in communication so they can take your money from you and give you nothing in return.

Arnold is one of your Support Team and is very knowledgeable in identifying and dealing with scammers. Thank you for your concern for his well being! :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.