Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#121073 by DanaT Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 pm
Hi. I am new to this site, but I'm glad I found you. I was just scammed from an African grey website. I think it was African-grey-babies.org or something of that nature. I paid $199 yesterday THEN I did research on these pet scams. I fell right into it. :bondage: I usually pride myself in recognizing a scam right off the bat, but this one got me. A little too convincing. After all I was paying COD right? I should have had a clue with the shoddy webpage itself. :oops: I'm just so depressed . I lost my $200 and I feel so violated and it's all my fault. I feel so stupid.
Advertisement

#121179 by Mike Wilson Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 am
Hello DanaT,
I am sorry to hear that you lost money to these criminals. These fake websites were of better quality than most so don't beat yourself up. The good new is that all three of the fake sites used in this scam are now down.

If the scammer tries to contact you again just ignore the emails and telephone calls and he will stop contacting you and look for another victim.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon