Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#164661 by armymomjenn Mon May 06, 2013 4:13 pm
My daughter found Akita puppies online...something about the story was too familiar...and I started reading her correspondence with this man "LARRY POTTER"...a few years back we were looking for an Akita puppy...and YES this was a man I had dealt with before....I knew it was a scam at that time...and just ignored him, and found a reputable breeder...well the puppy we purchased at that time...has passed on due to medical issues...my point is.......I now have this man "giving" his Akita puppies to my daughter for FREE we just PAY the courier service....I am interested in toying with this man...because quite frankly it pisses me off that people unaware would and will fall for this malarky...any help in doing so would help. I know he;s a fake because the name is the EXACT same as I dealt with 3 years ago...same "location"..I have tracked IP to Belarus......I want this person to be shamed for what they are doing...He said his Akita pups are JAPANESE....I insisted on pictures (just to keep the charade up) and he sent me pictures of American Akitas....lol, only an Akita person will get the humor of that..I was looking for American Akita, but he had no idea I had a preference...and possibly has NO idea there is a difference ....I have the emails exchanged....the very "generic" emails from him I must add...too good to be true...it usually is!
His email address is -From: Larry Potter <[email protected]>
I have him now wiggling with the unknown as it's the longest time between messages when I said...when can I come SEE THEM....(Oregon is a long drive, but I would make it! :o) )
Advertisement

#164666 by TerranceBoyce Mon May 06, 2013 6:09 pm
What you're proposing to do is called scam baiting armymomjenn, and there's no problem doing that but you should do so safely and it would be best if you joined our sister site 419eater.com which is their speciality and they can point out a few precautions you should take first.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#164702 by Mike Wilson Tue May 07, 2013 11:53 am
The first scripted response from - Larry Potter - [email protected]
Hi there ,
Thanks for the interest and love towards my puppies .They are still available, Spectacular pure breed AKC registered puppies . I have just two puppies left 1 Male and 1 Female they are puppies with all shots,potty and toilet trained,vaccines and vet records updated. In placing my puppies for re-homing,I am looking for reasonable,knowledgeable and cautious person who can offer tenderness,nursery with lots of love kisses and hugs.These adorable,cute and gorgeous puppies are 11 weeks 2 days old and would be the perfect match for you. They will be the best playmate you've ever dream of with great personality and good temperaments with kids and other house hold pets. They will be coming along with vet records,and all AKC registration papers attached to their package with lots of play toys. I will also enclose handbook and feeding booklet to their package ok. They are Registered Pedigree Health Guarantee, Certificate of Veterinary Inspection, Micro-Chipped (In case ever lost or stolen), Current on all vaccinations,De Wormed, Puppy Packet (Toys, Dog bones, Vaccination schedule and history, Crate Training info and Potty Training info. Promise me that you would shower lots of TLC,and i would never like that my puppies end up in a shelter or rescue center,feel free to E-mail me If you are willing to get one of the puppies,please If you have any more question to ask i will answer you truthfully and faithfully . I am really searching for a lovely home for the puppies and this is because i am very occupied with work at the moment so i can't look after the puppies. I would like to ask you some few questions if you do not mind.

1...Where are you located precisely?
2...Do you want to adopt the both puppies?
3...Which sex are you interested in male or female?
4...How soon do you want the puppy or puppies?
5...Which breed do you want ?
6...Why are you interested on this breed?
7...Have you any pet experience?
8...Are you a breeder?

Sorry for all the questions,It's just that i am really looking for a caring home for the puppies so get back to me for more information and pictures ,hope you will love and greatly welcome the puppies at your home and show lots of TLC. Waiting to read back from you.

Best regards

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon