Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#170798 by emmiegirl23 Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 pm
this website is scam www.babyfaceyorkies.com my mother brought a teacup yorkie through them for 300.00 they wanted it western union sent it out and they pick it up and said that the puppy would be delivered sat july 6 2013 then they said they couldn't send it that day because it got there to late. it would be delivered tomorrow sunday july 7 2013 on sat the "shipping company " cargo airways international email that there was a problem with the crate that breeder sent the puppy with have to send 200.00 western union to Cameroon and luckily I did it the western union online and few hours later got email from western union that it did not go through and I emailed the shipping company they said it was error through their website and to send the money to the seller of puppy to bring in the office. sent the money through western union and this morning got email from the seller saying that the puppy was in air. few hours later I got email from cargo airways international saying they need 500.00 for a city permit in California. I told them I am not sending anymore money to them if they need the money go after the seller and have not heard from anyone since this
so please be careful I had a feeling but my mom is out 500.00 dollars and through all this it was supposed be a gradation present for my 19 year sister and she is heartbroken now.
Advertisement

#170800 by Dotti Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:43 pm
I'm sorry that you were scammed. Unfortunately, your belief is correct and it is definitely a scammer. The website is a fake, put together by African scammers who have no puppies at all. They just copied photos of yorkies from real breeders on the internet.

Domain Name: BABYFACEYORKIES.COM
Registrar: PSI-USA, INC. DBA DOMAIN ROBOT
Whois Server: whois.psi-usa.info
Referral URL: http://www.psi-usa.info
Name Server: NS1.JIMDO.COM
Name Server: NS2.JIMDO.COM
Updated Date: 18-apr-2013
Creation Date: 18-apr-2013
Expiration Date: 18-apr-2014

Edit to add: A quick search on the phone number shows that the criminals have been using it for puppy scams for at least 3 years: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Xas-Oliver-PUPPY-SCAM/122024031170851

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#170807 by Mike Wilson Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 am
The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#170991 by Mike Wilson Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 pm
The scammer is in Cameroon Africa.

Received from 41.92.187.170 = Ringo, Cameroon, Africa .

Hi, thanks for your respond. I have seen your delivery address and the names. I also want to inform you that, I have made all delivery inquiries from a good company that will deliver her at your home address today. Though she can still be deliver at any closest airport in your area or public places. But I will like she come straight to your home address If u will be at home. If u will be at home today then she will come today okay. You can also keep somebody at home that can collect her when the company agents arrive okay. I will like you to understand that,all you need to do right now is to go send me the money for the puppy so that I can easily get her to your address today and on time okay. (Did u see the price on the website ?). It suppose to be 400 right? And as soon as you send me the money I will be shipping the puppy on time so that she can get there on time okay. It going to be 10 12 hours for her to get to there since the company said they also need to deliver other animals in some cities in your state okay. So if you can go send me the money as soon as you get out from bed then I will really do appreciate it since it will enable me to get your puppy there today and on time.
If you need to send the money then, you can send it to my wife using western union. You can just take a drive to any western union store close to you and send the 400 do that I can start everything on time. I will be the one paying the shipping and not you so there won't be any problem okay. All I need is for you or someone to be at the address you have me so as to attend to the delivery agents when they get there today okay. Send the money to:
Receiver first name: Wendy
Last name: Chace
Address: Pawtucket , Rhode Island 02861 USA.
I'm proposing western union because, they move money for better, it will help because I will easily get the money and on time okay. I will be driving to my office by 7:30am so please try to keep me posted with the payment info as soon as you send the money okay. Just tell the western union that you want to send money to that address and they will send it for you easily and without any complications okay. I will be sending the puppy with some toys and her health paper. I will give a 6 month health guarantee to you since you promised to take care of the puppy.
Sorry for writing this much but I only wanted to save time so that I can also be at work. And please help me provide a home for the puppy because I'm really so busy with work now and need someone that can take the baby so that I can concentrate at work. (Hope u understand what I'm trying to say ). Once again sorry for writing this much and for any typing error. (Have big fingers. Lol). I will be waiting for your respond with all the payment info from western union. They wil give u a payment receipt when u send the money. Just look on it and u will see a MTCN number. Email it to me and the sender names and sending address okay. That's all I need now for the puppy to be in your area today. Thanks.

The website http://www.babyfaceyorkies.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

Another telephone number 720 440 5514

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#171132 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:53 am
On a general note, the best place to buy a pet is from your local lost and stray pound. In the UK we have the RSPCA who care for lost and stray animals and, as a charity, they can be trusted because they care for animals. They're happy for you to look at their pets and pick and choose what you want, and you'll know what you're getting and that it is in good health.

The only drawback is that they'll usually want to know that you're a suitable and responsible pet owner, but that's a good thing. Buying a pet of any sort off the internet from a stranger is inherently a risky proposition and the benefit of buying from a local organisation that cares for animals is obvious. You may not get exactly what you want, but genetically pedigree animals are a riskier proposition from a health perspective anyway.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle