Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#24898 by merlin Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:06 pm
Hi, I am new to all this so please bare with me. Me and my family were interested in getting another horse for loan, so we got on the internet and found a beautifull horse called 'Harriet' she is up for "adoption" She will apparently be sent to us via private courier from Cammeroon, Africa after they have recieved £350 sterling via moneygram. Can you please help us in finding out if this is just another dirty scam.

Many Thanks

Kate.
Advertisement

#24901 by Arnold Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:31 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Kate.
It's a scam, no question about it. Pet scams are a speciality of Cameroonian scammers. Usually puppies, but horses sometimes. And it's simply not safe to pay anyone you don't know personally by Western Union or Moneygram.
There's more info on this particular scam here. viewforum.php?f=36
It's better not to use your real name here as scammers sometimes visit, If you send Jillian a PM with something more anonymous, she'll change it or you.
Last edited by Arnold on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#24902 by merlin Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:38 pm
Thank you very much for your quick reply, it will save us our money and time. Can i change my user name to merlin please.

Many thanks again.
#24906 by Arnold Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm
It needs a site admin to do that, and they are in a different time zones to me.
If you had sent him the $350, he would have come back for more money.
Can you post the email here so that his email address gets picked up by the search engines after the name change.

#24925 by GomerPyle Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:24 am
You've saved £350 and a lot of heartache.

Just keep in mind that the horse may exist but you would never have been able to buy it from this person.

If you think about it, £350 wouldn't even cover the cost of shipping the animal, let alone the vet bills for innoculations and health checks.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#24929 by Arnold Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:10 am
Kate, I forgot to ask. Can you tell us his email address, preferably an entire email from him. Delete your name and email address of course.