Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#175815 by ekatep Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:58 am
Hello! Sorry if this post is not in the correct format, I've only just joined the website to report this man.

A man named Samuel Levi (address: [email protected]) emailed me claiming he had found my lost cat, which I advertised on many lost pet websites. His broken English and vague emails immediately put me off, so I tracked his I.P which told me that he lives in Kansas, USA... very odd considering my cat has gone missing in Australia.

I emailed back saying that I'd tracked his I.P and I knew he was a fraud, yet he kept making excuses such as "but im using aol like a freee proxy.." which I have no clue what that means.

He is now asking for $1500, and THEN apparently he's going to give me photos and details.

Just letting people know that these type of sick humans exist purely to scam money off vulnerable people with missing pets. We're so worried about my cat, and him giving us false hope like that is just so wrong. :cry:
Advertisement

#175819 by vonpaso xlura Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:49 am
Please post the emails. We can probably tell where he's from by his English, even if he's using a proxy. The English of an American has some different spellings from Australian English, but should not sound broken.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#175820 by ekatep Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:01 am
Read from the bottom upwards, that's where it begins. This message directly below was from me to him.

I am not giving you any money unless you show me the proof (PHOTOS) that you have my cat, which I know you don't anyway.

Please stop trying to scam money out of me unless you actually have my cat.

Goodbye.

To: <Removed>
Subject: Re: I have your cat Mitsi........
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 04:31:31 -0400

hmmmm

you are very smart .. but im using aol like a freee proxy..

i'm are interested in the reward witch you offer. For sure is your cat because it was stolen from you. The reward we want is 1500$ I will wait for your answer asap... and i will give you more details and photos...

Samuel Levi
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
To: Samuel Levi <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 5, 2013 11:38 am
Subject: RE: I have your cat Mitsi........

I tracked your I.P only to discover you are from Kansas in the US. My cat is missing in Australia.
It's very gutless and selfish to pretend you have someone's lost pet in order to get money.
I am reporting you.

Subject: Re: I have your cat Mitsi........
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 02:58:29 -0400

you give reward or not???

Samuel Levi
[email protected]

To: Samuel Levi <[email protected]>
Sent: Sun, Sep 1, 2013 7:29 pm
Subject: RE: I have your cat Mitsi........

Are you sure? Whereabouts are you located?

Thank you for your email by the way.

Subject: I have your cat Mitsi........
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 11:42:26 -0400

Samuel Levi
[email protected]

Removed personal details of poster - CW
#175828 by e.taylor Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:04 am
I received the exact same email! Almost the same timing too.

The first email came at 12.30 on Monday morning (2/9/13), but the first demand for a reward came on Thursday evening (5/9), and, like you I questioned the legitimacy of the email once they started demanding money with no evidence that there was any link to my missing pet. I used emailsherlock to trace the address, but couldn't get anything solid, so I told them I was not going to talk to them unless they confirmed they had my cat. Their response was word for word the same as the second half of their demand to you (minus the comment about the free proxy, because I didn't tell them I had tried tracing their email), though they only asked me for $800; bad spelling and everything - it seems like a copy paste job. How stupid do they think we are?

I'm sorry you've been hurt; I know just how you feel. I hope this helps others to avoid the extortion this person has so crudely attempted. All they have done in my eyes is reveal their stupidity.
#175836 by steve.nette Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 pm
Hello
It seems that this guy may be escalating. I too have received the same email trail, request for reward, bad english...CAPITALS and an implied threat. I actually called his bluff and he has now threatened to send me my dogs tail and ear. He needs to be stopped....he has caused our family extreme distress. It has also been reported by one of the lost pets sites that he has harrassed two other people. I'm so thankful that you have posted this report as my previous search showed nothing (i'm not good with the computer) but a second search tonight has found your message and at least given me peace of mind that he doesn't have her.
Thankyou
#175842 by Mike Wilson Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:32 pm
The low life con artist is using AOL webmail so the header will not be useful.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#175862 by ekatep Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:15 pm
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one having to deal with this sort of thing! I'm so sorry that you all are being harassed by this idiot of a man/scam company/whatever they are. It's absolutely disgusting and so hurtful to be preying on vulnerable people who are going through a hard time. Let's hope this draws attention to what these people are doing, and eventually brings it to a stop.
#175885 by steve.nette Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:43 am
Obviously the email trail starts at the bottom...I hope this is useful for you.
Steve.nette

Scams up buddy….do a search of yourself on the internet. You pervert…

Sent: Saturday, 7 September 2013 12:51 AM
To: Removed personal information. (BW)
Subject: Re: I have your dog..

i will send you one ear and tail to be sure is your dog...
Samuel Levi
[email protected]

To: 'Samuel Levi' <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, Sep 6, 2013 6:45 pm
Subject: RE: I have your dog..
You obviously don’t have the dog cause you don’t know our names…..
Or our phone number
Else you would have contacted us the normal way…
And then you would have got your reward…..
And you’ll never know how much it was…

Sent: Friday, 6 September 2013 10:57 PM

ok.. good bye ...i will sell
Samuel Levi
[email protected]

Sent: Fri, Sep 6, 2013 2:08 pm
Finally you’ve declared that you are the scum we thought you were. Keep your imaginary dog. I will buy another.

Sent: Friday, 6 September 2013 5:58 PM

YOU ARE VERY STRESSFUL ......WAIT
Samuel Levi
[email protected]

Sent: Fri, Sep 6, 2013 12:54 pm
We have no proof that you are genuine and for someone who has other peoples dog you don’t seem to be in a hurry to get rid of them. How about a phone number?

Sent: Friday, 6 September 2013 4:15 PM

ok... i will
Samuel Levi
[email protected]

Sent: Thu, Sep 5, 2013 1:11 pm
If you have our dog then prove it, send a photo. Don’t waste my time. If not then piss off. If you want to continue this conversation then give me a call ON THE PHONE. My name is Steve and I would gladly speak to you.

Sent: Thursday, 5 September 2013 2:43 PM

you give reward or not???
Samuel Levi
[email protected]

Sent: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 12:08 pm
Hello
What makes you think she is ours…..that is great if it is
Can you please contact me with your contact details
Where did you find her

Thanks
Jeanette

Sent: Sunday, 1 September 2013 11:29 PM
Subject: I have your dog..
#175886 by ekatep Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:01 am
What a moron! How stupid does this guy think we are? I can't believe he said almost the same thing word for word to you too. I'm sorry that you've had to put up with him.

Does anyone know a good means of reporting him so he does not keep harassing people like this?