Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#175895 by MZsnarlz Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 am
How do I get myself out of this scam ?
I went to adopt a "free" kitten off a website & they sent me to "western union" or some thing along those lines to finish my payment of delivery. I was told that I would b paying $150 for the delivery fee as she lives in Canberra & I live in Sydney ( central coast region ). I was fine with the payment , then I got an email saying that I needed to pay an extra $400 for the insurance card which was no longer valid. I would of been refunded $600 when the kitten was delivered to my house & in the end I have been hoaxed into sending $172 to the "western union" company or what ever its called. They charged me an extra $22 for the money transfer as its in a different country as their systems are being audited in Sydney :/

My question is , do I ignore them or how am I supposed to go about this ????
Advertisement

#175896 by Dotti Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:03 am
Just cut off all contact and walk away.

If the scammers have picked up the money you sent (and from the sounds of things they have, because they have already moved on to the next money request) there is no way to get it back. The only thing you can do is cut your losses.

They may continue to email you, even make bizarre threats like claiming that the kitten is sitting at the airport and you will be charged for abandoning it (they never had a kitten, and there is no kitten sitting at any airport) but just ignore those emails and don't respond. Eventually when they realize they have no hope of getting more money from you they will stop.

It is important to realize that Western Union is a money transfer service that was intended to be used for sending money to friends and family members. It is NOT intended to be used to send money to strangers.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#181593 by sylvie Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:22 pm
NO do not send any money its a SCAM i lost 750.00$ for transportation for a horse then they asked me for 3800$ for insurance they only told me this after i sent the first payment for transportation they are very good at what they do i caught them in there mistake by a few emails the names did not match and they are still telling me im wrong .