Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#181339 by jand624 Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:53 pm
I answered a post about 2 Siberian huskies. Told them I only wanted the female. A lady emailed me and said that was fine that I needed to pay $150 for shipping and that was all. She said she was from Washington DC and would have an excellent pet delivery service ship the puppy. Her name was Amy Mereles. She said she would have the puppy delivered to the pet shipping company in the morning and that they would be contacting me. They called me the next day and said they had the puppy Suzy for shipment. I needed to pay $200 thru western union and they would have the puppy on the flight that day. The company was Hubert Height Pet delivery. He called me back and said they got the money but the crate the puppy was in did not meet standards and I had to pay $475 for a new crate that was fully refundable when I got the puppy. So my idiot self payed for that through western union also. He then called me back and said everything was ready and the puppy would be on the ten o'clock flight and at my door the next morning. They even emailed the the flight itinerary for the puppy. So be careful, these scams are coming to the U.S. now. No more internet shopping for dogs for me.
Advertisement

#181340 by Mike Wilson Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:02 pm
Hello jand624,
Sorry to hear that you lost money to these criminals. While they claim to be in the US the majority are either in Western Africa or Malaysia hiding behind free email addresses and VoIP based telephone numbers that can be used anywhere in the world that has a high speed internet connection.

Please post an email from the fake pet shipping company along with all of the email addresses and telephone numbers used in this scam. This information will help others to find out about the scam and avoid losing money to these criminals.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon