Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#181635 by baggins3899 Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:18 am
Hi

I answered an advert for a pug puppy on the Dogs cats and pet site the advert seemed okay stated that the puppies were based in Bexley, London for £200, however this is definitely a scam. This is the reply I got apparently they have relocated to Ireland

Hiya
Thanks for coming back well now I see your interest in adopting my puppies I will let you have them I would like to give you some details about the puppies which I did not include in our last conversation they are very smart,they bark when they see strangers,and they get angry when you shout at them so don't do that,they are very socialized with kids and other house hold pets .Okay like i told you in my last mail i just relocated to Ireland Belfast due to the mobile nature of my job so we are going to be using a delivery service which will deliver at your door step so i have used this delivery company before and i love their service because they are swift,smart fast and reliable as you must know these litter of puppies were six and i have succeeded in giving out two of them out to a loving pet family in Liverpool so they were been transported by the same courier service which use used just some few hours to deliver the dogs to Devon so like i told you they are very genuine and i promise you that you will enjoy their service very well so you don't need to worry your self about how the puppies will get because they will be giving you a call after the registration of the puppies will be completed they will be calling you from the delivery company and also tell you how you will be making the payment okay so in that you will be paying just very little for their services so you will be paying just £200 for the delivery fee for one puppy so i will need your full delivery details now so that i will call on my vet doc to make a change of the ownership docs that is from my names to your names then drive to the delivery company and get the puppy registered to be delivered to your home okay so the details i will be needing from you now are your

full names................
house addresses............
post codes...............
city..................
mobile number....................
land line number.................
email address.............
closest airport................

if all these details is been given to me now i will call on my vet doctor to make a change of the ownership docs then drive to the delivery company and go get the puppy registered to be delivered to your home.so all you will be paying will just be £200 for one puppy and £400 for two puppies and for three puppies you just have to pay £600 well this fee will be the only fee you will be paying to the delivery company directly and not to me so that they will be able to buy your dog a delivery card and also gives the dogs anti pressure vaccine to keep the puppies worm for the journey i hope you understand so the puppies will be coming with 6weeks pack insurance,micro chipped,pedigree papers,1st vaccination,flea treatment,kc registration papers,worming till date and also with some food stuffs.The Puppy will come with the following papers;
# Health guarantee
# Vaccine record
# KC registration papers
# Microchip Registration
# Pedigree
# Nutrition supplement
# Traveling Crate
Regards and waiting for your kind respond
Many thanks

Photos were provided which were obviously posed and from someone elses' website. I have been fortunate enough to recognise that this is not ok and have not parted with any monies please be aware

thanks
Advertisement

#181668 by Mike Wilson Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:29 pm
Hello baggins3899 and welcome to Scamwarners,

I am glad that your recognized the scam before you lost any money. Please post the email address used in this scam along with any telephone numbers that he may have given to you.

If you have any other questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#217143 by HattyG Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:11 am
Hi I know this is a late reply but I had the EXACT email sent to me from the email address [email protected] the only different being they were originally located in Cambridge instead of London and the advert was for french bulldog puppies not pugs. The photos were INCREDIBLY posed and the price was way too good to be true. Shall be posting my story on here soon.