Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#183277 by sara04costa Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:19 am
Hi guys!! I answered to an advert in pets4homes about a Yorkie that was meant to be in London but its in Belfast!! I spoke to the owner of the puppy and she said that she could send it over. I DID pay £100.00 for the puppy to be send over and to arrive here on Saturday!! However I got a call from the agency on Saturday morning saying that as the puppy was about to go on board they noticed that her carrier was faulty and that I could buy one or rent one for an amount of money. They say that the puppy is still in the agency waiting for payment. Whats odd in all this is that the money was meant to be sent to Cameroon! When I asked why the payment was going there that said that the main head quarters are there and money bellow £400.00 was sent there.
they phone number starts with 070! Is that normal number??
Let me know what you think and what I should do because I dont know :(
Advertisement

#183278 by AlanJones Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:34 am
Sorry, but it's a definite scam.

The mention of pets and Cameroon means there is no doubt about it. Add in the +070 phone number (personal redirect - can be forwarded anywhere in the world) and that just puts the icing on the cake.

You'll have no way of getting the £100 back I'm afraind, so you just have to cut your losses and make sure you send them no more money.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#183281 by AlanJones Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:58 am
Don't tell them anything - either block the massages or mark them as spam.

They'll eventually give up sending them when they work out they aren't going to get any more money out of you.

Could you post the email address and examples of the emails that they send here - it might help someone else avoid being scammed by them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.