Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#191450 by Lenes Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:42 am
Hey,
Just sharing this so people be aware of it.

I want to buy a kitten, so as many of us do, I went online and checked on free advertising websites for one.
I encountered someone selling two Bengal kittens and at first it looked as she was living in Shieffield. I contacted the seller, to find out that she lives in "Isle of Man" at the moment, cuz one of her sons died, so she can't take care of the kittens anymore but will give them free for adoption as long as I would pay for the delivery fees. She kept annoying me to give her all my details fast so she can register it with me and have it sent over, but I didn't give her anything yet as I decided to ask for more questions from her. She even gave me a facebook page lol, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/katie.willaims.777

This morning I asked her to give me the company name so I can do a check online on it. At first she told me that I have to give her my details so she can get to the company and only after that she would be able to get the personal details of the transportation company. I'm like wtf o.O Any delivery company would have an online website lol. I ask again what's the name of it cuz she has to know the name of the company she would use to send the kitten with, and she finally gives me a website.

This is the website: http://global-equine-transportation.webnode.com/

So yeah, it's a free website/blog or whatever, nothing official to go with and the only payments they accept is via Western Union, Money Gram or bank transfer. Pretty much a scam.

Now, that we know about it.. I could just block the seller and shut off any ways of communication with me or I could play along and help into reporting this criminal theft. I don't know what to so next so will wait for suggestions if we can trace, report or do something about it. If not, then I'm happy I could share the story with everyone so people can be aware of this scam here in UK.

Cheers!
Advertisement

#191452 by Lenes Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:59 am
This is her mail: [email protected]

And these are her replays:

1st Mail sent to me:

I am call Katie Williams
my kittens are in perfect condition
Both kittens will come
with their first shots, a passport, microchip identification

and a written guarantee of clean living
approved by the
veterinary inspection

two available, one male and one female kitten are up for adoption
Do you want
male or female?
of them or both?
Where are you located?

Tell me more about
yourself and pets?
you can also add me on face book here

https://www.facebook.com/katie.willaims.777

thanks and keep in touch

and 2nd Mail:

My dear,

thanks for your mail and the love you have for my kittens.
I will explain everything to you in details.

The whole process works like this;
As soon as i receive all you full delivery details which are;

full names.....
home address.....
postal code....
city.....
phone number....

i will take the kittens to the delivery agency and have them
registered for delivery to your home address and the delivery agency
is going to contact you after the registration is complete with a
pending delivery notification email on how they are going to deliver
the kittens and how you are going to make the payments of the £260
meant for the flight tickets of the kittens.

Also note that you will pay before delivery reason being that it is
the money that is going to be used to buy the flight tickets of the
kittens to your home address ok
Also note that you are not paying the money to me but to the delivery company

Once you make the payments of the flight tickets of the kittens after
which they have contacted you, their flight director will confirm the
payments and proceed with delivery immediately to your home address

The kittens will be delivered right at your door steps
Once the delivery agency arrives your home address, you are going to
sign the necessary documents required for the change of ownership and
the kittens will be yours for ever

Hope all is well understood
Get back to me with your delivery details so that we can start the
necessary arrangements required for the delivery of the kittensto your
home.

My Regards.
Waiting.
#191453 by AlanJones Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 am
Lenes wrote:This is the website: http://global-equine-transportation.webnode.com/

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud

Lenes wrote:Now, that we know about it.. I could just block the seller and shut off any ways of communication with me or I could play along and help into reporting this criminal theft. I don't know what to so next so will wait for suggestions if we can trace, report or do something about it. If not, then I'm happy I could share the story with everyone so people can be aware of this scam here in UK.

The scammer will be in Africa (most liklely Cameroon), so there is no hope of them being traced, let alone charged or arrested. The best thing to do is just block them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#204502 by Ally_monkey Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:37 am
I just had this as well! The line went cold when I mentioned that the address they'd supplied was near my best friend's and could they view the kitten? No reply!
What a scam!