Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#192157 by slclark420 Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:36 am
I am here to report on an internet pet scam involving a free adoption/rescue of an animal (in my case and Egyption Mau kitten).

The supposed owner is Ms Sally ([email protected])347.201.2958

The transport company is upspetcargo ([email protected])506.895.2689

The owner will lie about his location, and you can trace this on the web (in my case the owner claimed Wyoming First, then Oregon). And was actually calling from New York. this you can trace from your phone provider and web checks.

The animal is offered for free, but you will need to pay for the pet cargo transfer. If you offer to meet them they will say they can not because of their mobile condition.

If they won't meet you, call a foul!

Pay the $300 to get the animal transported, soon they will tell you that thousands of dollars are needed to insure the animal (in my case the animal was valued at $9500 and needed insurance exceeding $2000) but they were willing to settle for $300.

You have already been given a delivery time, but told that will be delayed because the animal needs vet treatment to continue on. Mind you, you were already promised a healthy animal with Vet records for proof. They will want yet more money to handle the shots/treatment to be able to continue on.

Once you pay this money, you will receive an email saying the animal has died and you, as the legal owner, will be sued for cruelty to an animal.

The insurance is touted as refundable as is the vet treatment.

At this point you are way past being jerked around. If you haven't stopped yet, stop now!

Do not accept pet tranfer you have to pay in advance. Do not accept pet transfer that will not accept payment from Visa or MC. They will ask you to get a "Reloadit" card or some other method of payment like Western Union or something you can not control or take back.

And get this... afterward they will tell you are responsible for the (imaginary) animals death and that you will be sued. If you fight, they will beg you to stop, they will say they are trying to get your money back.

I assure you these jerks have no interest in your feelings. They rip you off and sleep like babies. Do all you can to stop this. If we wus out and just let it go, they will keep doing it.

I have already filed a police report and am dealing with the US Marshall's office, the UPC and anyone else I can think of. If we let this go, It will keep happening..
Advertisement

#202400 by AlanJones Wed May 21, 2014 12:40 pm
You will need to speak to your local police - but it is unlikely that they will do anything as the people involved are overseas and the amount you have lost will not justify an international investigation.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.