Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#218386 by leeneveragain Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:34 pm
Well... I am so upset and embarrassed that I don't even know were to start!
I went looking for a puppy online recently , found some pretty cute Yorkshire puppies for free on classified4u !
With great excitement i emailed a couple sellers and that same night i got a reply from 2 sellers that both listed they lived in Montreal ( clue number 1 ). I went with the 1st seller named ]CURTIS HALEEN] ! He asked me a few questions that made me believe he was legit ! Questions like : did you ever care for a pet ? Why do you want this puppy ? where are you located ? and also told me he had other inquires for the puppy and he did not choose them because he really wants a good home for his puppies! After he read my info he said great ill send you them but i live in Alma, Qc! (2 hours away from my location)! He requested 425$! for pet relocation. I cant afford that kind of money for a pet so i said no .Then he said ok , that was 1 st class ... 2 nd class is 200 for 1 puppy ! ...I said ok . the pet relocation apparently callled me but i was unable to answer ... when i tried calling them back they didnt answer. They told me they had technical problems with their phones lines ( clue number 2 ) . The last and final clue was when i payed and they msged me back to say that curtis haleen sent a cage too small to be put on a plane but if i want i can pay 400$ to rent a cage ! Thats when i decided to put more investigation into puppy scams and realized JUSTIN DOUALA KUM is a COMMON puppy scam name ! DO NOT SEND A MONEY GRAM OR WESTERN UNION CHECK TO THAT NAME !

Look out people ! Its sad that people steal for a living ! and i feel deeply saddened and embarrassed to tell my family i got scammed !
Advertisement

#218396 by Mike Wilson Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:44 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners leeneveragain ,

I am sorry to heat that you lost money to these criminals. The thieves behind this scam are most likely located in Western Africa and all they do is run scams.
Please post a sample email from the shipper along with all telephone numbers and email addresses used in this scam. These make good search keys for others who may be looking for information on this scam.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#218413 by vonpaso xlura Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:22 pm
JUSTIN DOUALA KUM

Douala is in Cameroon, the hotbed of pet scams.

Also, if the shipper has a website, post the email that introduces the shipper. Include complete headers when you post the emails.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#307193 by keke Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:16 pm
MOD NOTE: THIS POST WAS MADE BY A DUMB SCAMMER IN A POOR ATTEMPT TO SALVAGE WHAT HE CAN OF HIS PATHETIC SCAM! THIS IS IN FACT A PET SCAM.

STOP STOP STOP tarnishing people names. The guy is not a scammer. Settle your beef with him rather than trying to get him into trouble this way.