Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#237981 by zxamandaxz Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:20 pm
I just wanted to throw this out there, it is a puppy scam I was just involved in. Fortunately for me I am a very suspicious person. I saw an ad for a french bulldog puppy on dogs.oodles.com the person says they are in Michigan City Indiana, this is the title of the ad "DVZFDY M/F French bulldog puppies for sell" They are selling for $500. I was very suspicious to begin with but I shot them a text to see if it was a scam.After the text they asked me to email them, I did, this is the email I got.

Greetings,
Thanks for the mail. I quite appreciated your interest on your
proposing in purchasing my puppies,I still have two left one male and
one female. But the question is that will the puppies be able to find
a lovely home with you?Do you have enough time to spend with the
puppies and care for them?If so i will be very glad and happy to give
out the puppies to you. The puppies are 11 weeks old presently.Will
you take the two puppies or just one ? Unfortunately I can't look
after the puppies any longer due to the mobile nature of my new Job so
i can't corp in taking care of the puppies any more that is the prime
reason for me giving out the puppies .This is how i have made up my
mind through prayers and pains taking efforts in search for a reliable
caring person to take good care of the puppies.The little babies have
had current vaccination,vet check,health certificate and 1 year health
guarantee and the are AKC registered.They are potty trained,home raise
and socialized for tremendous attitude. .I will be very glad to have
you as a good caring parent for the puppies only if you can take good
care of the puppies as your own babies. Actually money is not what
matters, but to find a good caring and loving person. If you are
interested in giving these puppies a wonderful home kindly Provide
answers to the following questions...
1...Where are you located precisely?
2...Do you want to adopt the both puppies?
3...Which sex are you interested in male or female?
4...How soon do you want the puppy or puppies?
5...Why are you interested on this breed?
6...Have you any pet experience?
7...Are you a breeder?

Sorry for all the question , but i just want to be sure that the
puppies are going to the right home and they will be having all the
love and attention they need ..please get back to me with the
answers.waiting for your kind responds.
regards

When I saw the "I still have two left" line that was the red flag for me, it just struck me as an odd way to say they still have both puppies that are their personal pets(maybe I read into things in a weird way.) I emailed back, answered some questions and waited for the "I have recently moved, shipping blah blah" reply which I got back. Here is the reply email.

Hello ,
Thanks for your response. I must say that am very happy to meet a good
home for my puppy and i am very convinced that the puppy will be well
taking care of by you.I will like to add some more qualities of the
puppies that was not mention in the previous mail i sent to you.
-they are 100%pure breed puppies.
-they are house Trained .
-they are socialized with kids and other house hold pets
-they get angry when you shout at them, so don't do that.
-they are 11 Weeks old
-they barks when they sees strangers
they will be coming along side with all details of vaccination
,DE-wormed and microchip.Since I have made up our mind to let the baby
into to your home Can you promise me that the puppy will be well look
after and you guys will keep me update with monthly pictures so I can
know how the puppy is doing with you. We have just moved to Portland,
Oregon . and will be very happy if you can come for the view but if
you guys are not so close to me the I shall arrange for a Pet courier
service and they will get the puppy delivered at your home address
that you will provide to me, i love the service of a delivery company
because they are so fast .After the registration i will provide you
the puppy's registration number ok.The litter of these puppies were
six but i have succeeded in given four of them for adoption and among
those four three of them were delivered to their new destinations by
this courier service so kindly send the delivery details as soon as
possible ok.Also i shall require all your details to do the change of
ownership papers and the details are as follow.
Full names........
House address.........
City.......................
Zip code.....................
Home number...................
Mobile number...................
E-mail address..................
As soon as i have the details , i shall prepare the change of
ownership papers before taking the puppy to the courier company for
registration and your home delivery . Do get back to me with the
details so i can prepare the change of ownership papers and do the
delivery registration with the Carrier service first thing tomorrow
morning.. Thanks and i shall be waiting to read from you soon..you
will have to pay just $500 for one and for both $1000 that is directly
to the Currier company..And also I will send all the relevant paper
works via the Currier service so you will be paying directly to them
and not to me because my main objective is for these puppies to have a
lovely and forever family,so be at home at 9 AM Tomorrow morning ok to
hear from the courier service and also to receive the puppy,so the
$500 is for the delivery of one puppy.Puppies also come with the
following papers;
# Health guarantee
# Vaccine record
# AKC registration papers
# Microchip Registration
# Pedigree
# Nutrition supplement
# Traveling Crate
Regards and waiting for your kind respond.

I then told them that I under no circumstance would ship an animal that I have not seen and would not do anything other then a physical transaction and only after I was able to see the puppies physically. I also told them that my husband had a friend in Portland(which he actually does) and if they could physically see the puppies then I would be ok with him making the transaction and driving the puppies to me where I live. Anyways I'm sure I won't get an email back, they sent some pictures that they probably found off google images or something like that. I just wanted people to know about this person because I would hate for anyone to lose that much money, I know times are hard for some people right now and no one should go through something like that. I was fortunate enough to already know about puppy scams and am just a very cautious person in general, especially when it comes to my money. I hope this information can help someone else.

I would also appreciate anyone giving me other sites that I can put this information out there on or anywhere I can send this information to give it out to the public.

the email address this person used is [email protected] If you do a search of the email you will find it already involved in many pet scams, that is how I knew after the first email I recieved.
Advertisement

#237988 by Mike Wilson Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners zxamandaxz,
Thank you for taking the time to post the information on this pet scammer which will put him near the top in Google searches.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#238007 by vonpaso xlura Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:11 pm
Thanks for posting! The writer is African, and some of what he writes is incomprehensible even when trying to decipher it as African. It's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#243554 by Brady'sLady Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:27 pm
[email protected] is the email I just got, and he said the same thing, that he was in Portland, but on DogsNow site it said he was in Outing, MN. I got nervous about it so I just called him... he could barely Speak english, and did not sound like someone who would ever move to Outing, MN, and so I hung up once I heard he was in Oregon...

and last week it was from a Jessica Megan
Celes was for French Bull Dogs and Jessica was for Boston Terriers but she said she just lost her husband and moved to Colorado. [email protected] but exact same email format, and scenario's.
#266029 by mjjefferson Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:29 pm
I have been looking for puppies for some time and The following names; emails; phone and addressed have all been used to get me to respond to the same email that you received. All of these people are in South Africa

Contact Person:
Angelia Monroe
1678 Doncaster Dr. NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
912-421-3644
[email protected]

Husband:
Jess Bane
4301 Confederate Point Rd, @61
Atlanta, GA 30305

Contact Person:
Alex Johnson
Retired Vet Now Breeder
Newark, Delaware
302-722-5602
[email protected]

Cashier:
Emmanuel Carter
20 Granville Lane
Newark, Delaware
Contact Person:
Jennifer Barbara
301-233-0044
[email protected]

Husband:
Lloyd Broady
2201 S. Orange Grove Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21075

Contact Person:
Kenneth Mitchel
315-908-2124
[email protected]

1st Shipper:
Galaxy Freight
239-400-6975 (Florida Number)
When I called he stated they were an affiliate and their website was under construction. When I did a reverse phone look up for this number nothing came back.
NO WEB SITE; NO COMPANY INFORMATION OF ANY KIND on email received.
[email protected]
Requesting 2900.00 of “refundable” insurance
Secondly said they were holding the puppies and would be charging 65.00 per day until the payments were made.
Requesting Payment be made to a “Certified Teller” via money gram
#321548 by Pink Blue Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:00 pm
Unfortunately my husband & I have had a run in with one of these sites. The email we received was almost word for word the same. The id we found out belongs to a deceased lady. The email used was [email protected] . My husband was so trusting & so excited that he gave them all our details, including our id numbers. Our names & id numbers are now being used to scam on similar sites. Now we are receiving calls from unsuspecting people who fell for it and threats from people who have been scammed. We remain calm because we know what they're going through, but are running out of patience that this scam is still carrying on and with our details. We have reported all details to the police & are optimistic that these perpetrators will see justice being served. Hope people heed our warnings and the scamsters get exposed....
#321552 by survived1999 Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:15 pm
I was in touch with someone who said almost word for word the same as another posting I saw on here. His email he is using is [email protected] He wanted me to send money to some courier service, basically the same as everyone else. He forgot that in one email he told me that he worked long hours and couldn't take care of the puppies and in another he said his wife was pregnant and couldn't take care of the dogs? They were supposedly purebred Rotties. I asked for the name of his vet and why he had two puppies and if he had one or both parents. I didn't get answers to any of my questions. I said I wouldn't buy a dog until I got to see the puppy and the home where they are being raised. He emailed me back a few times trying to talk me into it but finally gave up. I knew something was fishy as soon as he refused to answer any of my questions. A family member of mine did some research and found he has many breeds of puppies he advertises he just changes the wording a bit in the ads. I knew something was wrong because he was suppose to be in Nova Scotia but a lot of his wording wasn't correct for English or French speaking people. And I have owned Rotties my whole life and Never has anyone offered to ship me a puppy for the cost of the shipping fee just because they want a good home for their dog. I have been given pure bred dogs with papers for free because they know I have a good home and love dogs..but when buying from a breeder they are really strict about meeting in person with all family members and not just giving up their puppies!
#323680 by Mrtoxic Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 am
Western Union Requests

Okay, . I can collect money from the following states. Georgia (GA), Maryland (MD) , District of Columbia (DC) and Virginia(VA).

WU, MG, WALMART TO WALMART

ACHILLE MARTIN
ACHILLE YAI
ACHILLE M. YAI

BIKILA PHILLIP
BIKILA NJI
BIKILA P. NJI

Those are 6 names you can send payment any City in Georgia (GA). PLEASE Georgia (GA) only for those names.
#339605 by Daivion18 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:05 am
unfortunately I believe I am a victim of this same scammer there was a Craigslist ad about a tea cup yorkies for 250 I was just so excited I didn't think about what was happening until.they kept asking for more money. the email is [email protected] he was also talking about shipping the puppy I was looking for a puppy for my two baby girls and I feel so bad because now my kids will not have a puppy... now I'm am without a puppy and money..... they also said Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart in Maryland by the name of ben anderson ngah talking about his wife and him was selling their late sons puppies....... ugh just feel so bad because my girls won't have the puppy I promised them
#339631 by Mike Wilson Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:18 pm
Hello Daivion18,
Sorry to hear that you are a victim of this scam. Please post the email where he asked for the payment to be sent via Walmart. Include the email address and telephone number(s) used in this scam.

File a report with https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and contact Walmart to Walmart @ 1-855-355-2144 to file a fraud report.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon