Room for Rent and other rental scams
#193138 by brains206 Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm
These guys are obviously a scam as they are asking for money up front. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

---Messaggio originale----
Da: [email protected]
Data: 04/03/2014 21.34
Ogg: RE: R: RE: Request for your Offer at Starflats.co.uk

Thanks for your interest. Viewing will not be a problem if you can meet my test because of my bad experience with bad tenants not having money to pay rent also could not keep to there end of deal and providing fraudulent employers reference to convince me of having a stable job! scan fake document to me. Its really time wasting because i am a very busy person and do not really have much time to waste.

I have also traveled all the way from where i work to take some interested candidates round my flat which they didn't turn up. Also I have made reservation for candidate without condition to make sure my flat is available and also make sure am available to take candidate round my flat, after doing that,they will refused to turn up, never new they are been dealing with multiple landlord, they will later informed me they have found a good location close to their office or school after turning other interested candidate down to make sure i keep to our end of deal.

Henceforth my Lawyer and i have decided not to take that anymore, so any interested candidate must pass through our financial test before coming for viewing or before making reservation for any interested candidate bank statement is not also acceptable because they do provide fake of it. Please,understand that i am NOT asking you to pay me BEFORE you view/reserve the flat.But the security deposit of £600 which is refundable would be required from you to transfer to someone close to you through Money Gram using your name as the Sender and your friend or family member's name as the Receiver in the UK premises. Once you have done this, scan the receipt to me and if you do not have scanner, you may snap the receipt with your phone and send it to me as i will forward it to my lawyer to verify if it's truly genuine and available in the receiver custody.

As this point of time so many people are looking for good apartment on fine location like this to rent. So i can't reserve or set a viewing for anyone without passing through my test to convince me he/she is serious about renting my flat to avoid wasting my time and money again. Also, early viewing/reservation will be highly appreciated to avoid disappointment.

Note the money must not be taken out of Money Gram by the receiver till my lawyer verify it, and after verification by my lawyer, i will ask you to inform the receiver to pick up the money and proceed with the viewing any day you prefer in the evening.

I will refund back to you the cost of transfer upon viewing. We are sorry for any inconvenience we must have cost you is due to our bad experience with bad tenant.

Kindly let me know if my explanation is well understood.

Best Regards
Mr/Mrs Darcy
Advertisement

#240278 by Michelle Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 am
On 5 Mar 2015, at 13:37, Cecilia Darcy <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. Couples allowed. I wouldn't want you to get me wrong am not asking you to pay before the viewing. The idea of making a confirmation of your financial ability via western union before we proceed with the viewing is not only my idea, my solicitor and i decided to use that process and i can't violate my solicitor procedure. I am a God fearing woman and i am not after your money. I have my own work and i earn enough money for my family and also to help the less privileged.

However, i didn't want to collect any money from you as long as you have not sign a contract neither have we taken you round our flat. All what we request of you locate any western union around you and transfer one month rent and deposit using your name as the sender and any of your close friend,partner or family member living within the UK premises name as a receivers to UK through the nearest western union around you, once you've done that, you get back to me with a scan copy of the transfer receipt so that i can forward it to my solicitor to confirm if the transfer is valid.

After the confirmation by my solicitor, i will ask you to tell the receiver to pick up the money and schedule a convenient day for the viewing. I will refund back to you the cost of transfer upon viewing. Simple.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Darcy