Room for Rent and other rental scams
#248057 by Michelle Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:34 pm
Hello ,

Good to talk to you. Here's some good news: the unit's still available! We thought we had the unit rented to someone that we gave a walk-through to today, but now it seems that they're no longer changing residence, so we need to keep searching. You were the second one to contact me.

I am sure you want the address of the property, but my husband doesn't want me to advertise the address for safety reasons. Last time we did that without being diligent, the empty property was broken into and vandalized. As you can imagine, we want to avoid that! That is why we require you to confirm you recieved your updated credit report before we setup a tour.You will be responsible for cable, internet, and phone, if you decide to have these services. For the FIRST time, we are allowing pets at this property. The rental term is one year, but can be switched into a half year term if preferred. We just ask that you give us fair notice if you are moving out.

When you're ready for a personal appointment, then please go to the link below and grab your $1 credit report. All of our tenants use this site because it is widely trusted. Just fill out the form and indicate that you want the report. We aren't interested in specifics of your score, it's more of a formality to ensure you have rental history. You can get your report by CLICKING HERE

Remember, print out the report and bring it to the tour.. We'll waive your security deposit if your score is above 540+.

Once you let me know that you have your report ready, then I can personally schedule a walk through of the place.

Thanks again,
Jessica Long

First of all the Scammer will have earned commission for each person paying for the Credit Check, and then he will have wanted you to send him money to have keys and documents to be couriered from abroad, or to send money to a family friend to show that you are financially sound and not a time waster. He would have asked you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union or Moneygram).

These transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected.

Advertisement