Room for Rent and other rental scams
#258424 by sglover Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:53 pm
Got the same email under a different name in Florida

[email protected]

to me
Hi _________,

Good to talk to you. The good news is that the unit is still available! We thought we had the unit rented to someone we gave a walk through to, but now it seems that they are no longer needing to move, so we need to keep searching. You were the second one to e-mail to me about the unit.

I am sure you want the address of the place, but my husband doesn't want me to advertise the address as a standard precaution. Last time we did that without verifying people, it was broken into and ripped up. As you can imagine, we want to avoid that! That is why we require you to confirm you recieved your most current credit report before we setup a walk-through.You will be responsible for cable, internet, and phone, if you decide to have these services. For the FIRST time, we are allowing pets at this property. The rental term is 12 month lease, but can be switched into a 6-month term if preferred. We just ask that you give us fair notice if you are moving out.

When you're ready for a personal appointment, then please go to the link below and grab your credit report. All of our tenants use this site because it is widely trusted. Just fill out the form and indicate that you want the report. We are not concerned with any negative scores, it's more of a formality to ensure you have rental history. You can get your report by CLICKING HERE

Keep in mind that you only have to bring your report to the tour. We'll also waive your security deposit if we see that your rating is above 620+.

Let me know when you have an updated version of your credit report. Then I'll schedule you for a showing.

See you soon,
Carlie Adams
Advertisement