Room for Rent and other rental scams
#265193 by Michelle Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:38 pm
Dňa utorok, 18. augusta 2015 Pauline Ann Read <[email protected]> napísal(a):
Hello,

I'm glad that you speak English so we can understand in a proper manner. Well, I have to inform you that the apartment is currently free and I would like to rent it for a long period of time. I also have to mention that it is fully furnished, fitted with very high quality equipment including TV, washing machine, dry machine, fridge+freezer, dishwasher etc. and has been completely renovated so you'll have fresh air.
The rent is 250 EUR per month including all bills (electricity, gas, water, internet, cable tv) and the guarantee deposit is 250 EUR (that you'll get back when you move out). Basically you only need to receive the keys and the contract but the only problem is that I'm in Uk right now, so I can not make this deal in person. However, I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit the apartment and see if you like it. You will have 2 days available to inspect the the apartment before rent it. The delivery of the keys and the inspection permit (signed by me) will be made through Airbnb.com. They will handle the whole rental process in my behalf because it's a very protected way and I will pay their commission. I've used their services before and I'm telling that it was a great opportunity for me to work with them. The price was fair and they kept me informed of the progress and contacted me on the exact delivery times and dates. If you want to know more about the rental process e-mail me and I will inform you the step by step how this service works.

Best wishes,
Pauline Ann Read

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary

Advertisement