Room for Rent and other rental scams
#241450 by dawn88 Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 pm
This thief has now another email address: [email protected]
He (or she) has tried to contact me twice, and the second time with that second email address.
He is active on the website www.easykamer.nl, where he call himself Aureliana.
I received the same emails as you did, but when I asked for go and see the room he said that it was not possible because of previous bad experiences he had...
Advertisement

#243408 by Michelle Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 am
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:18:41 +0000
Subject: Telling you more about me and my flat, Tell me more about you
To: Michelle Banks
Hi,
Thanks for your mail, I can reserve the room for you until the day of your move in but only if you show me how serious you need the room. I have other offer who is also interested in the room but I think we will be a perfect match (flatmate) and I would love to give the room to you. My apartment is a Two bedroom apartment located on 16 Rue Bechevelin 69007 Lyon, France to be precise and I am looking for tenants for one of the rooms in the apartment. The apartment belongs to my Mother although she got it from my father after the demise of my Father last year.

The apartment is fully furnished and also the rooms am renting out so you might not need to come with any other furniture but if you intend coming with any stuff, let me know alright?... The apartment has a heating system, water, parking space, security, Electricity, Gas, Phone, Internet Connectivity (Broadband), You would have free and unlimited access to the kitchen, the store room, the guest room, and all areas and part of the house except my room of-course... :) You are also entitled to your own visitors.

The two rooms has the same amenities and are of the same size. The rent for the apartment and also the cost of the utility bills is 300€ per month. Once again, this includes the cost of the utilities as earlier mentioned. The apartment is centrally located and is just some minutes walk to the nearest bus station and also you would have easy and fast access to other locations.

You would also be required to pay a security deposit as is the custom, the security deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed by you during your stay in the apartment. The deposit is 300€. About Me: My Name is Solene Boisard I am a 22 year old Female. I am the only child of my parents and I live alone in this apartment.This apartment used to be my family apartment till when my Dad moved us all to France where he eventually passed away but I alone stay here in the apartment and have being renting it out for sometime now. My last flatmate left for UK last week hence my search for new flatmates.

I am calm and laid-back person and my hobbies are reading, swimming and also at times on Fridays/weekend, I attend social events but I have not being having the opportunity dues to my work to hang out with my friends. I work as a marketing officer and when I am free I go to the pool to relax my mind and also unwind. I also visit the gym to keep fit at times.. ;)

Let me also know more about you because I believe it is essential that we get to know each other before we become flatmates. I shall be glad to send you pictures and also the contract so that we can conclude and be good flatmates.

I await to read your response.

Regards,
Solene

#258344 by rarach Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:24 am
I was looking for a room in Brussels. She goes under the name Solene Boisard and she is very pushy for you to send deposit and the first rent. She sent also a copy of her passport but seeing this info i ll consider it fake.

Hi,
Thanks for your mail, I can reserve the room for you until the day of your move in but only if you show me how serious you need the room. I have other offer who is also interested in the room but I think we will be a perfect match (flatmate) and I would love to give the room to you. My apartment is a Two bedroom apartment located on Rue du Faubourg 21 1000 Ville de Bruxelles Belgium to be precise and I am looking for tenants for one of the rooms in the apartment. The apartment belongs to my Mother although she got it from my father after the demise of my Father last year.

The apartment is fully furnished and also the rooms am renting out so you might not need to come with any other furniture but if you intend coming with any stuff, let me know alright?... The apartment has a heating system, water, parking space, security, Electricity, Gas, Phone, Internet Connectivity (Broadband), You would have free and unlimited access to the kitchen, the store room, the guest room, and all areas and part of the house except my room of-course... :) You are also entitled to your own visitors.

The two rooms has the same amenities and are of the same size. The rent for the apartment and also the cost of the utility bills is 300€ per month. Once again, this includes the cost of the utilities as earlier mentioned. The apartment is centrally located and is just some minutes walk to the nearest bus station and also you would have easy and fast access to other locations.

You would also be required to pay a security deposit as is the custom, the security deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed by you during your stay in the apartment. The deposit is 300€. About Me: My Name is Solene Boisard I am a 22 year old Female. I am the only child of my parents and I live alone in this apartment.This apartment used to be my family apartment till when my Dad moved us all to France where he eventually passed away but I alone stay here in the apartment and have being renting it out for sometime now. My last flatmate left for UK last week hence my search for new flatmates.

I am calm and laid-back person and my hobbies are reading, swimming and also at times on Fridays/weekend, I attend social events but I have not being having the opportunity dues to my work to hang out with my friends. I work as a marketing officer and when I am free I go to the pool to relax my mind and also unwind. I also visit the gym to keep fit at times.. ;)

Let me also know more about you because I believe it is essential that we get to know each other before we become flatmates. I shall be glad to send you pictures and also the contract so that we can conclude and be good flatmates.

Regards,
Solene
#264478 by ariroberto Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:09 am
hey, this person has been doing the same in Vienna under the name of Selene Buhler at easy-wg.at, he/she even sent me a scan of the passport.
He wanted for me to transfer 600 euros in advance to a bank in Russia, then I immediately noticed something strange

be aware!
#264480 by Michelle Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 am
@ariroberto

Kindly post the complete suspicious e-mail that you have mentioned for other people to find when searching for similar details, please ensure you include the scammers e-mail address but remove your own personal details before submitting ​.​

#266150 by jlab Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 am
i was scammed by this person via easy wg and have lost a fair bit of money with regards to accommodation in vienna.
i was wondering whether anyone had had any luck with the police at all?

thank you
#288815 by Moii Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:31 am
Be aware, it is a scam. I received this message while looking for a flat in Brussels on appartager. The person even sent me a copy of sb's passport with the name Solene Boisard. Very pushy..doesnt agree to skype or make visits to the place...s/he told me he/she is on a businesss trip.

She/he wanted me to pay 600euros to rent the room ..to this bank in Russia :

Bank Name - PJSC "URALSIB BANK"
Beneficiary Name - ALTEA WILLIAN G.
Acct No -  4082-0840-000-6990-00004
Bank Address : 30, Efremova Ul. 119048 Moscow, Russian
S.W.I.F.T Code - AVTBRUMM

INTERMEDIARY Bank-  DEUTSCHE BANK AG , GERMANY, FRANKFURT AM MAIN
INTERMEDIARY Acct No - 10094769610000
S.W.I.F.T Code - DEUTDEFF

Account details noted AJ

Le 14 mars 2016 18:26, "Solene Boisard" <je33100gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi,
Thanks for your mail, I can reserve the room for you until the day of your move in but only if you show me how serious you need the room. I have other offer who is also interested in the room but I think I'll first like to know more about you and maybe I give the room to you. My apartment is a Two bedroom apartment located on Rue du Frontispice 5, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium to be precise and I am looking for tenants for one of the rooms in the apartment and you will be having your private toilet and bathroom in your bedroom while the kitchen, living and dinning is the one we going to be sharing together and long/short term is allowed. The apartment belongs to my Mother although she got it from my father after the demise of my Father last year.

You would also be required to pay a security deposit as is the custom, the security deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed by you during your stay in the apartment. The deposit is 300€. About Me: My Name is Solene Boisard I am a 24 year old Female. I am the only child of my parents and I live alone in this apartment.This apartment used to be my family apartment till when my Dad moved us all where he eventually passed away but I alone stay here in the apartment and have being renting it out for sometime now. My last flatmate left for UK last week hence my search for new flatmates.

Regards,
Solene
#288817 by AlanJones Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:35 am
Thanks for posting Moii, the details will help others avoid being scammed.

Legitimate landlords will always ensure you can view inside the property without having to pay any money to anyone first.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#288820 by Moii Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:37 am
Hei, i received the same message last week.still using your passport. Did you solve anything ? I also sent him a copy of my passport and i am afraid he'll use it for the same trick.

SoleneB wrote:My name is Solène Boisard and the person who actually used the copy of my passport had made the same thing with me six months ago with the passport's copy of an other girl.
I was looking for a room a Roma and also find this announce on the website "Appartager".
I received three messages from three persons who are looking for a room Bruxelles.

I return to France tomorrow and I had ask at the three persons involved to send me all the mails and informations utile to constitute a solid file and go to the police.
If any person was also in contact with this person, contacts me.
#288828 by Tim Atem Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:06 am
Thank you for posting. What email address are they using now? Could you post the email with your personal information removed?

As far as your passport, there's not much you can do to prevent them from using it on others, but you need to go to your country's immigration services and report your passport as stolen/compromised so that they can issue you a new passport with a new passport number.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#288866 by PeterPaul Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:58 pm
Now also in the Netherlands ... He/She made a mistake in the address.
The mail was about a room in Amsterdam.

The email was sent by [email protected]
Hi,

Thanks for your mail, My Name is Hannah Van Der Schaaf I am a 21 year old Female. I am the only child of my parents and I live alone in this apartment.This apartment used to be my family apartment till when my Dad moved us where he eventually passed away but I alone stay here in the apartment and have being renting it out for sometime now. My last flatmate left for USA last week hence my search for new flatmates. I am calm and laid-back person and my hobbies are reading, swimming and also at times on Fridays/weekend, I attend social events but I have not being having the opportunity dues to my work to hang out with my friends. I am a travel nurse and when I am free I go to the pool to relax my mind and also unwind. I also visit the gym to keep fit at times.. ;)

I can reserve the room for you until the day of your move in but only if you show me how serious you need the room. I have other offer who is also interested in the room but I think we will be a perfect match (flatmate) and I would love to give the room to you. My apartment is a Two bedroom apartment located on Jan van Loonshof 10 3031 PJ Rotterdam, The Netherlands to be precise and I am looking for tenants for one of the rooms in the apartment and you will be having your private toilet and bathroom in your bedroom while the kitchen, living and dinning is the one we going to be sharing together and long/short term is allowed. The apartment belongs to my Mother although she got it from my father after the demise of my Father last year.

You would also be required to pay a security deposit as is the custom, the security deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed by you during your stay in the apartment. The deposit is 300€. Let me also know more about you because I believe it is essential that we get to know each other before we become flatmates. I shall be glad to send you pictures and also the contract so that we can conclude and be good flatmates.

Regards,
Hannah
#288889 by Moii Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:51 am
Hi,

This is the new address : [email protected]

And the bank details :

[Bank Name - PJSC "URALSIB BANK"
Beneficiary Name - ALTEA WILLIAN G.
Acct No - 4082-0840-000-6990-00004
Bank Address : 30, Efremova Ul. 119048 Moscow, Russian
S.W.I.F.T Code - AVTBRUMM

INTERMEDIARY Bank- DEUTSCHE BANK AG , GERMANY, FRANKFURT AM MAIN
INTERMEDIARY Acct No - 10094769610000
S.W.I.F.T Code - DEUTDEFF

Account noted MW

Tim Atem wrote:Thank you for posting. What email address are they using now? Could you post the email with your personal information removed?

As far as your passport, there's not much you can do to prevent them from using it on others, but you need to go to your country's immigration services and report your passport as stolen/compromised so that they can issue you a new passport with a new passport number.
#291292 by kitby93 Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:11 pm
About to confirm a room in Rome. Received a similar email to this scammer and bank details as follows:
PJSC "BANK URALSIB" ; Bank Address: 8, Efremova Ul. 119048 Moscow, Russian

I've asked for photographic ID which they have supplied. I've asked for name and adress of family lawyer and the owner of the property which has not been provided.
This is the initial email below:

Hi,
Thanks for your mail, About Me: My Name is Arianna Costa I am a 26 year old Female. I am the only child of my parents and I live alone in this apartment.This apartment used to be my family apartment till when my Dad moved us all where he eventually passed away but I alone stay here in the apartment and have being renting it out for sometime now. My last flatmate left for USA last week hence my search for new flatmates. I am calm and laid-back person and my hobbies are reading, swimming and also at times on Fridays/weekend, I attend social events but I have not being having the opportunity dues to my work to hang out with my friends. I work as a marketing officer and when I am free I go to the pool to relax my mind and also unwind. I also visit the gym to keep fit at times.. ;)

I can reserve the room for you until the day of your move in but only if you show me how serious you need the room. I have other offer who is also interested in the room but I think I'll first like to know more about you and maybe I give the room to you. My apartment is a Two bedroom apartment located on Via di Santa Maria dell'Anima, 63 00186 Roma Italy to be precise and I am looking for tenants for one of the rooms in the apartment and you will be having your private toilet and bathroom in your bedroom while the kitchen, living and dinning is the one we going to be sharing together and long/short term is allowed. The apartment belongs to my Mother although she got it from my father after the demise of my Father last year.

The two rooms has the same amenities and are of the same size. The rent for the apartment and also the cost of the utility bills is 350€ per month. Once again, this includes the cost of the utilities as earlier mentioned. The apartment is centrally located and is just some minutes walk to the nearest bus station and also you would have easy and fast access to other locations. You would also be required to pay a security deposit as is the custom, the security deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed by you during your stay in the apartment. The deposit is 350€.

Regards,
Arianna