Room for Rent and other rental scams
#228116 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:26 am
Dougherty C Franklin
[email protected]

Subject: clean and nice one bedroom flat for rent
To: Bryon

Hello,
Thanks for the interest you have in my flat. I'm offering you a very attractive furnished one bedroom flat which is presented in a well-maintained location with very easy access to restaurants, pubs, bookshops and cinemas. Fully furnished with modern kitchen (which consist washing machine, microwave, kettle, fridge/freezer, dish washer/cookware/utensils, cutlery, plates).

Moreso, the property comprises of bright room newly decorated with wardrobe, drawers, desk, chair, Central gas heating, double bed/duvets/blankets, computer desk, neat and modern tiled en-suite bathroom and New Flat screen TV 39" with many Channels in the living room.

The flat is located at Divinity Road, Headington, Oxford OX4 1LR

Rent: £500 per month. (The rent includes all bills, council tax, electricity, gas, water and unlimited broadband).
Refundable security deposit: £500 it's refundable after end of your stay in my flat.

However, can you keep my flat clean and tidy? Do you have references in Oxford? All that i am after is a quality tenant that can really take good care of my flat because all facilities present are all new.

Hope to read from you soon.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Franklin

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#229400 by Little Gem231 Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:39 pm
This person has also put posts in the local Friday ad in both Worthing and Brighton. They are offering a 1 bed flat on mill road Worthing and I have been told that they have put a similar add for Brighton. They will properly be moving onto a new location soon as I did not find this site soon enough this [email protected] have £500 of money. [email protected] please make sure that they don't take yours as well.
#241433 by djlordas Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:46 am

Hello XXX,
Thanks for the interest you have in my flat. I'm offering you a very attractive furnished double room which is presented in a well-maintained location which is very easy access to restaurants, pubs, bookshops and cinemas. Fully furnished with modern kitchen (which consist washing machine, microwave, kettle, fridge/freezer, dish washer/cookware/utensils, cutlery, plates).

Moreso, the property comprises of bright room newly decorated with wardrobe, drawers, desk, chair, Central gas heating, double bed/duvets/blankets, computer desk, neat and modern tiled en-suite bathroom and New Flat screen TV 39" with many Channels in the living room.

The flat is located at Upper Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 3FB

Rent: £500 per month. (The rent includes all bills, council tax, electricity, gas, water and unlimited broadband).
Refundable security deposit: £600 it's refundable after end of your stay in my flat.

However, can you keep my flat clean and tidy? Do you have references in Brighton? All that i am after is a quality tenant that can really take good care of my flat because all facilities present are all new.

Hope to read from you soon.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Franklin

--------------------------------------------------

Dear XXX,
Thanks for getting back to me. You really suite my requirement with the reference you send to me and i am ready to let the room for you because all am after is quality tenant that can really take good care of the room because all the facilities present there are all new. I am willing to schedule the viewing with you, but i want to let you know that i am a live out landlady, I don't live in the flat. It was unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view or reserve my flat and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled, has brought about great loss to me. I currently live in Uckfield because i just gotten a new job there and it wont be easy for me to be living in the flat and going to work in Uckfield, so i decided to let the flat out.

Moreso, i will have to schedule the viewing with you which i will take a day off at work down to Brighton. I also want you to know that I am not really after a high rent, all I am after is a reasonable and reliable tenant to take good care of my flat and keep it in good condition.

However, you would need to make a deposit to secure the room but before that, my solicitor will need some details from you to draft an Assured Tenancy Agreement which you will print and bring along with you on your arrival date to my flat.

Your Full name, Current address, Confirmed move in and move out date, Mobile number.

Please get back to me with these information so that i can tell you how to proceed.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Franklin
#244973 by yasaraf Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:29 pm
I received exactly same email and the offer is too good to be true--

I tracked the email header of this fraudstar. The details are:

IP Address: 65.54.190.29
Reverse DNS: 29.190.54.65.in-addr.arpa
Hostname: bay004-omc1s18.hotmail.com
Nameservers:
ns2.msft.net >> 208.84.2.53
ns3.msft.net >> 193.221.113.53
ns4.msft.net >> 208.76.45.53
ns1.msft.net >> 208.84.0.53
IP Blacklist Check: Suspicious
Level: 0
Activity: 5 days ago
[ Blacklist Check]
IP Lookup Location For IP Address: 65.54.190.29
Continent: North America (NA)
Capital: Washington
State: Washington
City Location: Redmond
Postal: 98052
Area: 425
Metro: 819
ISP: Microsoft Hosting
Organization: Microsoft Hosting
AS Number: AS8075 Microsoft Corporation

IP Weather Station: Redmond
Sky: scattered clouds
Temp: 12.6 ºC (max 12.6 ºC / min 12.6 ºC)
Wind Speed: 1.0 m/s
Wind Direction: 349.5°
Humidity: 56%
Cloudiness: 48%
Atmospheric pressure: 1006.78 kPa
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles
Local Time: 17:21:28
Timezone GMT offset: -25200
Sunrise / Sunset: 06:35 / 19:45
Extra IP Lookup Finder Info for IP Address: 65.54.190.29
Continent Lat/Lon: 46.07305 / -100.546
Country Lat/Lon: 38 / -98
City Lat/Lon: (47.6801) / (-122.1206)
IP Language: English
IP Address Speed: Corporate Internet Speed
[ Check Internet Speed]
IP Currency: United States dollar($) (USD)
IDD Code: +1
#245026 by yasaraf Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:50 am
Hello XXX
Thanks for your reply and information provided. I have forwarded your personal details to my solicitor in order to draft the Assured Tenancy Agreement. I will get back to you as soon as i receive the contract, before the end of today.

Have a great day!

Regards
Mr/Mrs Peterson

P.S: Kindly get back to me with the date you would like to move in to the room.
#245028 by yasaraf Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 am
HelloXXX,
Thanks for getting back to me. I am willing to schedule the viewing with you, but i want to let you know that i am a live out landlady, I don't live in the flat. It was unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view or reserve my room and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled, has brought about great loss to me. I currently live in Leicester because i just gotten a new job there and it wont be easy for me to be living in the flat and going to work in Leicester, so i decided to let the room out.

Moreso, i will have to schedule the viewing with you which i will take a day off at work down to London. I also want you to know that I am not really after a high rent, all I am after is a reasonable and reliable tenant to take good care of my flat and keep it in good condition.

However, you would need to make a deposit to secure the room but before that, my solicitor will need some details from you to draft an Assured Tenancy Agreement which you will print and bring along with you on your arrival date to my flat.

Your Full name, Current address, Confirmed move in and move out date, Mobile number.

Please get back to me with these information so that i can tell you how to proceed.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Peterson
#270233 by EmmaB Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:16 am
Got done by these Fraudsters offering a 1 bedroom Flat under similar circumstances in August in Mill Road Worthing. The name used on that was [email protected] and was Mr/Mrs Sanchez, almost exactly the same emails as you have received word for word.

I have various bank account numbers used by her supposed Solicitor and also an account which she said was her own account, but am now in the process of clawing these funds back as still some in the account as i reported to my bank before they could clear the funds out. They will try and give you sort code & account numbers for APS Financial which is basically a prepaid card account or some kind

The scam I responded to was in Worthing Friday Ad so beware.