Room for Rent and other rental scams
#268905 by Michelle Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:52 am
Anthony Wesley <[email protected]>

"Hello ,

The apartment is well furnished one bedroom apartment which has the following facilities .

* living and dining room
* bedroom
* bathroom
* Open kitchen
* Toilet
* Air conditioner
* Central Heating
* Microwave
* Washing Machine
* Internet facility

The apartment is located in the following address.

Kerkstraat 97, Amsterdam 1017, Netherlands.

The rent fee of the apartment is 500 EURO per month including all utility bills .I have attached the photo of the apartment to this mail. kindly notify me if you are satisfied with the apartment in other for us to discuss on the payment process and how you will get the apartment keys and documents.

looking forward to read from you .

Cheers"

Bests,

Andrej

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#270247 by Michelle Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 am
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Apartment Keys and Documents
> To: Michelle Banks
>
> Hello ,
> I just came to Ukraine few days ago.I have not gotten a phone number yet.Am satisfied with your information and i will be offering you the apartment.As i have said earlier,i am presently in Luhansk Ukraine,the apartment keys and documents are with me here in Luhansk Ukraine,it will be shipped to you by a postal agency. In this manner you will have to make a month deposit of 500 EURO before i can reserve the apartment,release the apartment keys and documents in order to ensure a secure transaction because of people that use apartment for something else.Once you make the deposit,the apartment will be reserved for you while the keys and documents will be shipped to you.
>
> I will be looking forward to read from you in order for me to give you the western union money transfer details you will use in making the deposit.Also i will want you to give me the Name and Address you want me to use in sending you the apartment keys and the documents in order for me to start the shipment process as soon as you send the deposit.
>
> Looking forward to read from you .
>
> Cheers
>

#272969 by dsimp Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:36 am
I recieved this email from [email protected]
the man's name appeared as Steven Hacketh but his GooglePlus profile was called Anthony Wesley. I have been in email conversations with him and he has asked me to send a deposit then he will send the documents and keys. There was no way I was going to do that! He is very quick at responding to my emails. I found this forum from google searching anthony wesley. Hope this helps!
His email:

Hello ,

The apartment is well furnished one bedroom apartment which has the
following facilities .

* living and dining room
* bedroom
* bathroom
* Open kitchen
* Toilet
* Air conditioner
* Central Heating
* Microwave
* Washing Machine
* Internet facility

The apartment is located in the following address.

30, Lower Fitzwilliam St, Dublin, Ireland.

The rent fee of the apartment is 500 EURO per month including all
utility bills .I have attached the photo of the apartment to this
mail. kindly notify me if you are satisfied with the apartment in
other for us to discuss on the payment process and how you will get
the apartment keys and documents.

looking forward to read from you .

Cheers
#273861 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:17 pm
> Subject: Apartment Details
> From: [email protected]
> To:
>
> Hello ,
>
> The apartment is well furnished one bedroom apartment which has the
> following facilities .
>
> * living and dining room
> * bedroom
> * bathroom
> * Open kitchen
> * Toilet
> * Air conditioner
> * Central Heating
> * Microwave
> * Washing Machine
> * Internet facility
>
> The apartment is located in the following address.
>
> Kerkstraat 97, Amsterdam 1017, Netherlands.
>
> The rent fee of the apartment is 500 EURO per month including all
> utility bills .I have attached the photo of the apartment to this
> mail. kindly notify me if you are satisfied with the apartment in
> other for us to discuss on the payment process and how you will get
> the apartment keys and documents.
>
> looking forward to read from you .
>
> Cheers

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/