Room for Rent and other rental scams
#270406 by Michelle Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:07 pm
Subject: Re: interested in 1 bedroom manhattan 11/20-11/23
To: Michelle Banks

Thanks for your interest in renting this Apartment and It's a private apartment and
nothing to share with anybody.the house is very much available, clean
with no damages, It has air-conditioning, laundry, cable TV, wireless
internet connection and Wi Fi Hi Speed internet, linen, towels are also
provided.

and for the date you chose (3night) the price for it is $180 and Damage deposit $200 so the total will be $380 to reserve the booking you will need to pay the deposit of the payment which is $380
Apartment Information

Apartment address : 352 West 56th Street New York, NY 10019
* With Elevator
* Garages Included With Each Apartment Building
* Free pick-up from the airport

Note: Damage fee will be refunded back to the damage fee is not applied toward rental fee however it is fully refundable on the day of departure, provided all the amenities in the unit are met.

So get back to us if you are interested in booking the apartment for your vacation so that i can forward you a booking agreement form to fill out and the deposit payment can be make via Money Gram to the owner of the apartment and you will have to email us back the booking agreement form fill with payment receipt. Note once your payment is confirm i am going to forward you your booking confirmation receipt to complete your reservation and secure the apartment for your arrival date.
Looking forward from you so soon.

Regards
Ken

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement