Room for Rent and other rental scams
#263383 by ecsb820 Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:02 pm
https://delaware.craigslist.org/apa/5162724599.html

This listing on craigslist and any like it are scams. They are trying to collect personal information and application fees from potential renters. The house is actually up for sale and I confirmed my suspicions after contacting the real-estate agent listed with the property. BEWARE!!!

346 School Bell Rd,Bear, DE 19701

This property is NOT FOR RENT! Do not share your personal information or give any money to anyone on cragislist claiming that it is.
Last edited by ecsb820 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#263404 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 am
All brick ranch home with 2-car attached garage and separate workshop. Features 3Br/2.5 BA with full basement on fenced 3/4+ AC lit in Bear. Great for storing your boat or camper! Many systems recently updated. All rooms freshly painted. Home features fresh paint, carpet, updated light fixtures, etc. Great, quiet neighborhood. Close to Sonoma Elementary,Camino Real Middle,Onate High schools, parks, shopping.
REPLY TO : owilliame at aol dot com

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#263508 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:26 pm
Hello,
Thank you for contacting me confirming your interest in my house. My house is Available for Rent and Move in ASAP, I also have available the RENT TO OWN Option, Pets are ALLOWED as long as they are not destructive. I relocated from my Home 2 Months ago when I got a better job out of state. I'm giving the rent out low because I just need someone to help take care of the house while I'm away, It's not about the money. It's about finding someone that will take care of the house like they own it.

My house is on 346 School Bell Rd,Bear, DE 19701 & Its available for rent at $700/Per Month *Covering all Utilities* listed as follows: Heating, Garbage , Trash disposal ,Telephone Service, Electricity, Water, Gas and Cable & Internet There is also a REFUNDABLE Security Deposit of $700 set aside for damages/commitment.

Please note that I would not be available to do a one on one showing because I am very busy here with 2 Jobs. I understand the normal rental process should be done in person, I also would have loved that but it's quite unfortunate I won't be available at all to show the house because of my busy schedule here at work and the distance and I have quite an extended family to take-care of. I do not want to involve any 3rd party because I want a good Landlord-Tenant relationship I also have other applicants but pending that time you can take a drive by monitoring the surroundings and neighborhood and also look through the windows to see the interiors of the house, it's currently available for move in. I put up my house for sale before I changed my mind to rent it out. That's why I'm handling things this way.Do get back to me if you are willing to get started with the Application/Rental process.

Thanks,
- William
Olszewski William E
[email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#271589 by Nathan Walters Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:55 pm
This is slight variation of the above email. The second paragraph contains the specific information on the property, but the rest of the email, sans signature (and the "quick warning"), is the same, but for that "William" has slightly better (although still awful) punctuation. (The variation in punctuation (e.g., double periods in places) that can be seen in the email I'm posting could be an attempt to prevent a potential victim from using google to search for similar ads, but, in my case, google led me here. It's also possible that this is an earlier iteration from an earlier point in the email's evolution.

The context is as follows: my family and I moved out of the house at the end of September. We had occupied the house for five years while the owner watched real estate values rise, and this year was the year that she decided to put it on the market. The following message appeared within the relevant section of Denver's craigslist housing section. That is my first and last name in the email address, but it's an email I've never owned nor used and a search for it came up with no hits. For reasons that I'd rather not disclose, my name, as a former tenant, would be far easier to ascertain than our former landlord's would be.

There is no space between the name and the following numerals in the scammer's email, but I broke them up to further frustrate search engines, as is my wont. The vacant "To" field contained our former landlord's email which she used to inquire about renting her own house. Good to know the scammers is doing his or her homework.

From: Nathan walters <nathanwalters (no space) 221 at gmail dot com>
Subject: Re: House for rent
Date: October 15, 2015 at 4:53:58 PM MDT
To:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me confirming your interest in my house. My house is Available for Rent and Move in ASAP, I also have available the RENT TO OWN Option, Pets are ALLOWED as long as they are not destructive. I relocated from my Home 2 Months ago when I got a better job out of state..I'm giving the rent out low because I just need someone to help take care of the house. It's not about the money..It's about finding someone that will take care of the house like they own it.

My house is 3235 Albion St, Denver, CO 80207 & Its available for rent at $1000/Per Month *Covering all the Utilities* listed as follows: Garbage , Trash disposal ,Telephone Service, Electricity, Water, Heating, Gas and Cable & Internet which you will be paying for. There's also the payment of the REFUNDABLE Security Deposit of $800 set aside for damages/commitment.

Please note that I would not be available to do a one on one showing because I am very busy here with 2 Jobs and I have quite an extended family to take-care of and I also do not want to involve any 3rd party because I want a good Landlord-Tenant relationship I also have other applicants but pending that time you can take a drive by monitoring the surroundings and neighborhood and also look through the windows to see the interiors of the house, it's currently available for move in and get back to me if you are willing to get started with the Application/Rental process.

QUICK NOTE :- Kindly ignore the for sale sign in the yard, because my initial plan was to sell the house since I relocated to another state. Right now my house is no more for sale, I am putting it up for rent to get a serious tenant to rent the house and take care of my property. Also the keys are here with me because I had to take them back from the agent that almost ruin my name and that is why I am handling this myself as i do not trust anyone to drop my keys with.

Thanks,
-Nathan.

Fortunately, the scammer doesn't appear too bright. The tenant will pay for trash and garbage? Electricity, heating, and gas? (I always thought that heating was powered by either electricity or gas, but what do I know?) Moreover, the rent covers the utilities that the tenant will be paying for.

Legally speaking, I don't see this person impersonating me or stealing my identity inasmuch as I see her or him or them stealing and distorting the identity of the home's owner, but I still, obviously, don't like to see my name used like this on the Internet. I have three degrees in English and for my name to be associated with such awful grammar, syntax, and logic is truly embarrassing.

Cheers,
Nathan

:beer:
#276653 by kplv702 Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:17 pm
This happened to me. This POS is using my name and my house to get information from people. Here are the links:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/apa/5333497336.html

Same email:
"Hello,

Thank you for contacting me confirming your interest in my house. My house is Available for Rent and Move in ASAP, I also have available the RENT TO OWN Option, Pets are ALLOWED as long as they are not destructive. I relocated from my Home 2 Months ago when I got a better job out of state..I'm giving the rent out low because I just need someone to help take care of the house. It's not about the money..It's about finding someone that will take care of the house like they own it.

My house is 2263 Cookman Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89135. & Its available for rent at $800/Per Month *Covering all the Utilities* listed as follows: Garbage , Trash disposal ,Telephone Service, Electricity, Water, Heating, Gas and Cable & Internet. There's also the payment of the REFUNDABLE Security Deposit of $800 set aside for damages/commitment.

Please note that I would not be available to do a one on one showing because I am very busy here with 2 Jobs and I have quite an extended family to take-care of and I also do not want to involve any 3rd party because I want a good Landlord-Tenant relationship I also have other applicants but pending that time you can take a drive by monitoring the surroundings and neighborhood and also look through the windows to see the interiors of the house, it's currently available for move in and get back to me if you are willing to get started with the Application/Rental process.

QUICK NOTE :- Kindly ignore the for sale sign in the yard, because my initial plan was to sell the house since I relocated to another state. Right now my house is no more for sale, I am putting it up for rent to get a serious tenant to rent the house and take care of my property. Also the keys are here with me because I had to take them back from the agent that almost ruin my name and that is why I am handling this myself as i do not trust anyone to drop my keys with.

Thanks,

Patel Ketan
[email protected]"
#276684 by Mike Wilson Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:16 pm
Hello kplv702,

Thanks for posting this information. The scammer is actually trying run a scam where he collects the damage deposit plus at least one months rent.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#281034 by Terminator5 Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm
The source host name is "nld-net-ip.as51430.net" and the source IP address is 213.5.70.90.

Geo-Location Information

Country Netherlands
State/Region 07
City Amsterdam

Begin Scam Email:

Patel Ketan <[email protected]>
11/29/15

Hello,

My house is 2263 Cookman Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89135. & Its available for rent at $800/Per Month *Covering all the Utilities* listed as follows: Garbage , Trash disposal ,Telephone Service, Electricity, Water, Heating, Gas and Cable & Internet. There's also the payment of the REFUNDABLE Security Deposit of $800 set aside for damages/commitment.

Thanks,

Patel Ketan
[email protected]

End Scam Email

Header Details:

Delivered-To: xxxxxx
Received: by 10.194.134.1 with SMTP id pg1csp1112548wjb;
Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:29:07 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.98.68.210 with SMTP id m79mr65710579pfi.140.1448828947368;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from omr-m019e.mx.aol.com (omr-m019e.mx.aol.com. [204.29.186.18])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id ls11si4743927pab.92.2015.11.29.12.29.06
for <xxxxxx>
(version=TLS1 cipher=AES128-SHA bits=128/128);
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 204.29.186.18 as permitted sender) client-ip=204.29.186.18;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 204.29.186.18 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dkim=pass [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=REJECT dis=NONE) header.from=aol.com
Received: from mtaomg-mbc01.mx.aol.com (mtaomg-mbc01.mx.aol.com [172.26.221.143])
by omr-m019e.mx.aol.com (Outbound Mail Relay) with ESMTP id 2D81D380005F
for <xxxxxx>; Sun, 29 Nov 2015 15:29:06 -0500 (EST)
Received: from core-mea01c.mail.aol.com (core-mea01.mail.aol.com [172.27.62.1])
by mtaomg-mbc01.mx.aol.com (OMAG/Core Interface) with ESMTP id 8BBDC38000088
for <xxxxxx>; Sun, 29 Nov 2015 15:29:05 -0500 (EST)
Received: from 213.5.70.90 by webprd-a09.mail.aol.com (10.72.23.245) with HTTP (WebMailUI); Sun, 29 Nov 2015 15:29:05 -0500
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 15:29:05 -0500
To: xxxxxx
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <CAMmFnJi8WtqhEvZ3C5Yh67bGON_VOj6SHOXjb-uYoOXzQOzCLw@mail.gmail.com>
References: <CAMmFnJi8WtqhEvZ3C5Yh67bGON_VOj6SHOXjb-uYoOXzQOzCLw@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Las Vegas Rental
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_53897_172051579.1448828945103"
X-MB-Message-Source: WebUI
X-MB-Message-Type: User
X-Mailer: JAS STD
X-Originating-IP: [213.5.70.90]
x-aol-global-disposition: G
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mx.aol.com;
s=20150623; t=1448828946;
bh=st2MldrOXxxFzH74SprhfzsdTeeBHuFP822fxI4Ab/Q=;