Room for Rent and other rental scams
#283777 by pompy_upb Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 am
First email, after I let a message on Immobilienscout24.de:

Hallo,

Mein Name ist Fiza Smajic, Ich bin 45 Jahre alt und ich arbeite als Projektmanager für ADCO Construction. Ich bin froh, dass Sie sich in meine wohnung zu mieten sind. Ich wohnte in diesem wohnung bis zum letzten Monat, als meine Firma begann ein neues projekt in Irland und ich musste hier für die nächsten 3 Jahre zu verschieben, so dass die Wohnung ist für langfristige zur Verfügung.
Die wohnung ist sehr schön und sauber, vor kurzem um einen sehr hohen Standard der Innenarchitektur renoviert. Die wohnung ist voll ausgestattet mit allen notwendigen Geräten und Ausrüstungen. Die Miete wird 450 EUR pro Monat mit alle Nebenkosten enthalten (warm / kalt Wasser, Strom, Internet, Kabel-TV). Eine Kaution von 1250 EUR wird zu Beginn des Leasingverhältnisses erforderlich ist, und es wird am Ende des Vertrages zurückerstattet (wird eine 30-tägige Ankündigung erforderlich). Das Geld, ich will es monatlich auf mein Bankkonto zu erhalten, so dass ich hoffe, es wird kein Problem sein, dass Sie das Geld, um zu verdrahten. Das ist alles, ich kann von jetzt, bis Sie einen Geschmack von meinem Platz haben zu sagen.

In der Zwischenzeit können Sie bestätigen Sie bitte die folgenden Schritte aus:
· Wie viele Menschen würden leben auf dem Grundstück?
· Wann würden Sie gerne an sich zu bewegen?
· Welche Laufzeit / Länge Mietvertrag hätten Sie gerne?
· Hast du Haustiere?
· Wenn sind Ihre besten geeigneten Zeiten / Tage, um eine Immobilie zu sehen?

Wenn weiter interessiert, geben Sie mir einige Informationen über sich bitte (Alter, Beruf, Lifestyle oder was auch immer Sie denken, macht man einen guten Mieter).
Auch könnten Sie bitte auf Englisch antworten? Es wird viel einfacher für mich, Sie zu verstehen.
Vielen dank und ich freue mich darauf, wieder von Ihnen zu hören.

Google Translate:
Hello,

My name is Fiza Smajic, I am 45 years old and I work as a project manager for ADCO Construction. I am glad that you are going to rent in my apartment. I lived in this house until last month, when my company started a new project in Ireland and I had to move here for the next 3 years, so the apartment is for long-term disposal.
The apartment is very nice and clean, recently renovated to a very high standard of interior design. The apartment is fully equipped with all necessary appliances and equipment. The rent is EUR 450 per month with all utilities included (hot / cold water, electricity, Internet, cable TV). A deposit of 1250 EUR is required at the beginning of the lease, and it is returned at the end of the contract (a 30-day notice is required). The money, I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will not be a problem, that you to wire the money to. That's all I can from now until you have a taste of my place to say.

In the meantime, you can please confirm the following:
· How many people would be living on the property?
· When would you like to move in itself?
· What is the duration / length of lease would you like?
· Do you have pets?
· When are your most appropriate times / days to see the ad?

If still interested, please give me some information about me to (age, occupation, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).
Also could you please respond in English? It is much easier for me to understand you.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Then I replied with what she asked, after which I received this email:

Hello,

Thank you for responding so quick with all of that information, it all sounds great.
I'm trying to find someone who will take care of the apartment as his own. The only thing, is that I'm currently in Ireland and for the moment I cannot come to Germany to show you the apartment. However, I hope this will not change your intentions to rent my apartment because we can still reach an agreement. We can do this transaction through the realestate agency RE/MAX Group Manager - http://www.remax-groups.com. I'm paying for the services of the agency, so there will be no extra costs for you. In this way, you will receive the keys in less than 48 hours to inspect the apartment. They've already got a set of keys so here's what you have to do if you are ready to rent the apartment.

To reserve the apartment I will need your personal information (name, address, phone number). Also a copy of your ID or passport is necessary to prepare all papers for you to become a future tenant.
Once I get your details, I will contact RE/MAX agency with them to start the transaction. They will send you an invoice and further information regarding the rental, along with payment instructions to secure the booking. The deposit consists of first month's rent and the security deposit (kaution) and is just to reserve the apartment and not a commitment. After you pay the deposit, the inspection time will be settled (you just tell them on which date you're available) and within 2 days, the agent will come to show you the apartment and help you with all the formalities so you can live in the apartment.
If you will be satisfied with the apartment, you can move there in the same day. All you have to do is to sign the rental contract and RE/MAX will release the payment to me. Also, if by any reason you would like to cancel the transaction or you don't like the apartment, the agent will refund all your money and bring the keys back to me. I'm quite confident you will like the apartment, but if not, you still have the option to cancel, and get your deposit back from the agent, immediately. Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing now, and reserve the apartment for you.
I would appreciate a quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank you,
Fiza Smajic

Then I replied:

Dear Mrs. Smajic,

I find it strange that I need to pay so much money just to be able to see the flat. And to give you my personal details. I have never heard of such things before.

Plus, you have taken the announcement down and have not sent it to me again, as I requested.

I will search somewhere else. Thank you!

Best regards

And that was it, no answer back.
Advertisement

#283785 by Mike Wilson Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:36 am
Thank for posting the information on this fake rental company

www.remax-groups.com

Domain Name: REMAX-GROUPS.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 69
Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
Referral URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
Name Server: DNS.TECHNORAIL.COM
Name Server: DNS2.TECHNORAIL.COM
Name Server: DNS3.ARUBADNS.NET
Name Server: DNS4.ARUBADNS.CZ
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 01-nov-2015
Creation Date: 01-nov-2015
Expiration Date: 01-nov-2016

RE/MAX Group Manager HQ
9-15 Grundy Street
Liverpool L5 9SG, England

[email protected]
+44 715 809 5513

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#284137 by Braun Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:56 pm
Thank you sooooo much for posting this.

Yes it is a scam. Please be warned. I almost believed her and was so happy to find such a lovely apartment. She/he replied to me in exactly the same way, though the apartment advertised (the link is no longer valid) was supposed to be in Braunschweig!

Had I not googled her name, I would not have known for sure that it was a scam, though it did make me suspicious. So thanks a lot for saving me!

Fiza Smajic and RE/MAX Group is a complete fraud. The website isn't even working...

I hope they are caught before they steal money off people.
#284145 by AlanJones Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:37 pm
Braun wrote:RE/MAX Group is a complete fraud.

RE/MAX is a legitimate estate agency business and have no involvement in this scam. The scammers have stolen their name and set up a fake website.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.