Room for Rent and other rental scams
#284230 by Michelle Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:06 am
[email protected]

Hello,

we are pleased that you have an interest in our house, our lovely home is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family that are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to Florida USA will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regard me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends New York State University as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in Florida USA and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries. We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home.These 3 bedrooms and 2 baths home are very specious and neat.

Below is the rental property address:
1383 Crimson Ln,Yorkville, IL 60560
Pets allowed: Yes
Rent: 800$
Deposit: 800$

RESIDENTIAL RENTAL APPLICATION

Applicants' Personal Information
Applicant's Name's:
CELL PHONE: ( ) HOME Phone: ( )
Email Address: Date of Birth:
Second Applicant's Name:
Second Applicant's Date of Birth:
Third Applicant's Name:
Third Applicant's Date of Birth:
Dependants Name(s): Date(s) of Birth
DO YOU HAVE A PET? HOW MANY? _______ Please describe type's of pet(s):
PRESENT ADDRESS:
HOW LONG AT THIS ADDRESS?

HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS/PAPER WORK OF THE HOUSE TELL US SO WE COULD PREPARE ALL THAT FOR YOU ASAP:

MOVE IN DATE:
Details of Employment
EMPLOYER:
POSITION: DATE HIRED:
SUPERVISOR'S NAME: PHONE: ( )
SALARY:
VEHICLE INFORMATION
MAKE / MODEL: YEAR:
Emergency Contact
Name:
Relationship: Phone: ( )
Criminal & Credit Background Check Authorization Is there anything negative that we may find in our criminal or credit background check that you want to comment on?

Applicant's Signature Your Name _______________ Date ____
Sincerely,

Mr & Mrs. Kellum & Family

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#284235 by Michelle Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:21 am
Subject: APPLICATION APPROVED!!!

Hello Michelle

Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in my house, I am really happy you got back to me and I would say you are the one "GOD SENT" because my wife and I are happy that we have finally found a responsible tenant who understands what it takes to rent ones home.We have decided to let you live in our house as we have found your application very wonderful, satisfactory and acceptable by my family so we would want you to go through the acceptance form so get back to us on what you feel.We would like to send the following document to you via FedEx to the address you sent to us in your Rental Application Form.I also pray that may the peace of the LORD be with you and you family okay.Please once again we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the house so we are with the below document here and you will need to make the payment of the first month rent and the refundable security deposit ($1,800) so that we can mail out the Keys and documents to the address you have provided to us.Get back to me asap so that we can make arrangement on how you are going to receive the keys and documents of my house.We would like to send the following documents to you via FedEx delivery to the address you sent to us please reconfirm the address.All utilities are included in the rent and i will be responsible for all repairs.Pleas kindly contact me back via email instead of calling me because i will be very very busy at work(513) 724-4052

Below are the contents of the document that will be shipped to you Via FedEx mailing service to the address you gave to me in the Application Form.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary file.
4) Letter of Access
5) Payment Receipt.
6) Full address and driving direction/description of the house.

I need you to confirm your delivery details

Delivery Name:?
Delivery Address:?
Phone #:?

Get back to me today so that I will let you know the next step to take concerning the payment.