Room for Rent and other rental scams
#284330 by Michelle Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:15 pm
Subject: One Bedroom Apartment

Here is the detail of my apartment as you have requested, The apartment is still available and its for either long term or short term. The building is in a good location, situated in a safe environment and has secure access, internet cable, laundry, in-suite, storage facilities, heat, water, electric and parking is included in the rent and pet are allowed. Its located on 71 Blessinghton Street, Dublin 1
The Apartment is a 1 bedroom apartment,it has 1 bedroom and 1 Bathroom, Toilet and Kitchen. The kitchen Appliances including, fridge / freezer, burner hob with a oven, garbage disposal.
I have also attached the pictures of the apartment as well.
Amenities Available within the building includes : BBQ Area, Disabled Facilities, Allocated Parking space.

INSIDE
- Kitchen,13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )
- Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m )
- Bedroom 12'10" x 10'5" ( 3.91m x 3.18m )
- Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m )
- Separate WC 5'0" x 2'10" ( 1..52m x 0.86m )
- Washing / Laundry Machine
- Standard Kitchen Fridge & Freezer & Oven
- Microwave
- Cookery & Utensils
- Bath Shower Hair Dryer and Towels
- Internet Dial Up, wifi, Cable/Satellite
- TV,Stereo/Radio System DVD Player
- Central Heating
- Air Conditioning

I'm renting out the apartment due to my new Job in Saint Paul, Minnesota .I just got a new job there and will be on the job for a minimum 24 months, that is why we are renting out the property.
Once you agreed to abide with the following rules below,No Agent involve as I handle everything myself.

TERMS AND CONDITION:
1.The lease is for long and short term , few month(2) or 1 year and can be renewed
2.It can be rented furnished or unfurnished, but this is furnished apartment.
3.You will have to take good care of my property
4.Utilities are included in the rent
5.Pets Allowed

Kindly fill up your details for the application process
# FULL NAME :
# CURRENT HOME ADDRESS :
# CONTACT NUMBER :
# AGE :
# MARITAL STATUS :
# SEX ( MALE / FEMALE ) :
# OCCUPATION :
# NATIONALITY :
# HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING THE APARTMENT :
# HOW LONG ARE YOU WILLING TO STAY IN THE APARTMENT :
# DO YOU HAVE PET :
# DATE OF MOVE IN AND OUT :

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details for me to have it in my file in case of issuing the rental receipt and contract, I await your reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys send to your address which you have provided in the application form.
Note that the keys and documents of my house is with me here in Saint Paul, Minnesota . If I agree to renting the apartment to you,I will be doing it base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words.

Kind Regards
Alexander Dahn
+1 7327047387

Subject: Re: One Bedroom Apartment

I appreciate your interested in my apartment and I'm also willing to rent out my apartment to a responsible person. I want you to know that I'm pleased with your profile and I also believe that you can take a good care of my property. l would not like to experience what l experienced from my last tenant again that is why i will handle everything by my self. You can go ahead and view the building and the neighborhood. I know you will like to view the apartment from inside but I'm sorry for this. I'm not in the country at present and the keys of my apartment are with me here , which is why I stated that you will have the chance to view the apartment from outside because without the keys of the apartment and all the necessary documents that I will be sending to you via UPS, the security might embarrass you and in order to avoid such embarrassment, that is why I stated that you can only view the apartment from outside and see if you like the neighborhood, and the attach has already been attached .
I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota now, I have a job here and moved with my family.I have all the keys to the apartment with me here so I will only be able to send them to your current home address you fill in the application form via UPS Express delivery service which you will receive the package by
Overnight Delivery with Tracking number for you to be able to monitor the movement of the package to your present address. Once again i will be giving you this apartment on trust and do not disappoint me because l don't want our apartment to be destroyed again,if you wish to move in with your own properties, that would not be a problem. Here are the contents that will be delivered to you via UPS courier service.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent Flat form(Containing your reference details)
3)The Flat documented file.
4)Payment Receipts.
5)Full address and description of the Apartment

I will send the Keys, Access remote and documents to you by UPS Express delivery . Before the shipment of the package to you, you will be signing the contract letter which I will send to you via e-mail and you will sign it and send it back to me via e-mail as well so that I can include it in the package that I will be sending to you.

Kindly let me know if I should prepare the Contract and send it to your email now and we can finalize it.

Thanks,
Alexander Dahn

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#291178 by NoOlwenn Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 am
I found a flat on Craiglist exactly the same (same email message, name and phone number but the email address is different : [email protected] )

This is what he send to me :

"As you have requested, this is the detail of my property. The apartment is available for either long term or short term lease. The building is in a good location, situated in a safe environment and has secure access, internet cable, laundry, in-suite, heat, water, electricity / utility and parking are included in the rental price and pet are allowed. Its located on 71 Blessinghton Street, Dublin 1
My property is a 1 bedroom apartment,it has 1 bedroom and 1 Bathroom, Toilet and Kitchen. The kitchen appliances including, fridge / freezer, burner hob with a oven, garbage disposal.
Find attached some pictures of the apartment as well.
Amenities Available within the building includes : BBQ Area, Disabled Facilities, Allocated Parking space.

INSIDE
- Kitchen,13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )
- Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m )
- Bedroom 12'10" x 10'5" ( 3.91m x 3.18m )
- Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m )
- Separate WC 5'0" x 2'10" ( 1..52m x 0.86m )
- Washing / Laundry Machine
- Standard Kitchen Fridge & Freezer & Oven
- Microwave
- Cookery & Utensils
- Bath Shower Hair Dryer and Towels
- Internet Dial Up, wifi, Cable/Satellite
- TV,Stereo/Radio System DVD Player
- Central Heating
- Air Conditioning

I'm renting out the apartment due to my new Job in Saint Paul, Minnesota .I just got a new job there and will be on the job for a minimum 24 months, that is the reason for renting out the property.
Once you agreed to abide with the following rules below,No Agent involve as I handle everything myself.

TERMS AND CONDITION:
1.The lease is for long and short term , few month(2) or 1 year and can be renewed
2.It can be rented furnished or unfurnished, but this is furnished apartment.
3.You will have to take good care of my property
4.Utilities are included in the rent
5.Pets Allowed

Kindly fill up your details for the application process
# APPLICANT'S FULL NAME :
# APPLICANT'S CURRENT HOME ADDRESS :
# APPLICANT'S CONTACT NUMBER :
# APPLICANT'S AGE :
# APPLICANT'S MARITAL STATUS :
# APPLICANT'S SEX ( MALE / FEMALE ) :
# APPLICANT'S OCCUPATION :
# APPLICANT'S NATIONALITY :
# HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING THE APARTMENT :
# HOW LONG ARE YOU WILLING TO STAY IN THE APARTMENT :
# DO YOU HAVE PET :
# DATE OF MOVE IN AND OUT :

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details for me to have it in my file in case of issuing the rental receipt and contract, I await your reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys send to your address which you have provided in the application form.
Note that the keys and documents of my house is with me here in Saint Paul, Minnesota . If I agree to renting the apartment to you,I will be doing it base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words.

Regards
Alex Dahn
+1 7327047387 "

Please note this new email.

I also received this kind of email for another flat in Craiglist (becarefull about this website)
#292596 by rvijaykumar Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:33 pm
Same email from [email protected]
He is trying to lease me a house in Zurich.
Heliosstrasse 2, Zürich, Switzerland

I am communicating with him and he even sent me a lease contract for 6 months. I am insisting that he send me the keys first (which he says he has in Saint Paul) and that I will sign once I check the house. :)
He must have figured by now that I am not falling for his scam...