Room for Rent and other rental scams
#280631 by Sagaef Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:10 am
I just received that exact email from "Hannah Dickson" - the English has improved somewhat, probably after you tiped them off! ;)

Sent from [email protected]

Hello Saga,

Thanks for the interest you have in my property. The house is still
available for rent which is located in (....) Ng14 , Nottinghamshire I took the pictures 11 days ago
and you can stay in my house as long as you pay your rent at when due.

Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and
deposit. Rent per month is £625 { water, gas, council tax, TV license
and wireless Internet} also Security deposit of £600 protected by the
Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme and it's refundable after end of
your stay in my property.

However, i need to know some details about you. Can you keep my house
clean and tidy? Do you have character reference? The house is new and
all the facilities present are all new so i am looking for a
responsible and clean tenant.

I am reliable and open. If anything went wrong in the property, i
will make sure the problem is quickly rectified. I have been
disappointed lately with unserious interested candidate when it comes
to viewing or reservation so i would appreciate your sincere reply.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Dickson
Advertisement

#280805 by max.pl Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:20 am
Hi.I only get messege from numbers +442476101317 [email protected] and +442476100740 [email protected]. I didnt reply for that, beacuse its too good to get answer 2 hours after post.Be carefull guys
#281085 by Nile Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 am
Hi, I have just run into this set up. I received a text from someone about an add I posted and was told to e-mail [email protected]. I sent out an e-mail and was about to reply to the text when I noticed the number was a bit weird for the area I live in. So I looked it up and found this.
I was wondering what this scam actually is, and if by sending an e-mail to hannydic919 I have fallen for it. Or if the scam comes later when they ask for money.
Thanks
#283852 by Samellis Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:51 am
max.pl wrote:Hi.I only get messege from numbers +442476101317 [email protected] and +442476100740 [email protected]. I didnt reply for that, beacuse its too good to get answer 2 hours after post.Be carefull guys

I have been conned from this and i thought it was genuine even got a tenacy agreement but things started to stink after bank details was changing I am due to move into the FAKE property on 27/2/16 with my 4 children instead she recieved 625 bond n 650 rent and stopped all communication I also hold one of the able numbers and when Iring the male always tells me that "hannah" is working I now have the police and housing involved
#284335 by foro Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:47 pm
I just received that SMS from "Hannah Dickson" and we have been talking several times by mail, she also sent me photos of the flat and a lawyer contract. The contract does not have any ID information like our passports or her National Insurance number. Who makes a contract without this information?

Apparently I have to pay 550£ and 600£ of deposit the first month. We ask her several times to see the flat and she never answer that, she always answer about the contract, the rent and the deposit.

Apparently she has a new property to rent in Nottinghamshire NN14 for "Sagaef", also a new one in Kettering NN16 for me and also she contacted a guy who wanted a property in Luton...
Here the link of Luton: https://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-and-house-for-rent-wanted/seeking-one-two-bedroom-flat-to-rent-see-below-for-scammers-details-who-offered-me-accommodation-/1152997032

Here is the first mail she sent to us exactly the same mail she has sent to "Sagaef":

"Hello Ha****,

I am sorry for my late response. I should have get back to you last night but work late. However, the flat is still available for rent which is located in Ha**** St, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN16***. I took the pictures some days ago and you can stay in my flat as long as you pay your rent at when due.

Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.
Rent per month is £550 { water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet}
Security deposit of £600 protected by the Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme and it's refundable after end of your stay in my flat.

However, i need to know some details about you. Can you keep my flat clean and tidy? Do you have character reference? The flat is new and all the facilities present are all new so i am looking for a responsible and clean tenant.

I am reliable and open. If anything went wrong in the flat, i will make sure the problem is quickly rectified. I have been disappointed lately with unserious interested candidate when it comes to viewing or reservation so i would appreciate your sincere reply.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Dickson"
Last edited by foro on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#284343 by Mike Wilson Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:53 pm
Hello ,
You are in contact with a scammer. No legitimate landlord would rent a property without meeting the new tenant. Asking for money and ignoring the request to view the property are sure signs of a scam.
The best thing to do now is to stop all contact with the scammer by ignoring all emails and telephone calls.

Please post the email address this thief is currently using. If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

Please post the email that asked for the rent and deposit to be paid. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#284354 by foro Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:28 pm
Hi Mike Wilson,

The name is Hannah Dickson
The mail is the same: [email protected]

And the mail asking for the deposit is this one:

"Hello Ha*****,

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad you like the flat. I think you will be a perfect tenant as I can see that you've got good interior taste. As regards to your question, the property is fully furnished. However, the flat is available and i am renting the property out because i have just moved outside Northamptonshire to start a new job in TSF (Coventry) Ltd, Coventry where in currently work and live and it is 5 years contract. I would need to take a day off in order to come down to Northamptonshire and schedule viewing with you.

Some prospective tenants do not have the money to pay the rent nor the deposit, yet they disturb the landlord for viewing or arrange viewing with their friend but some do not meet up with the appointments.

Nevertheless, you would need to pay a holding deposit to secure the flat. The holding deposit would be credited for the refundable security deposit once you are willing to proceed with the rent after viewing but before that, my solicitor would need some information from you to draft an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement which you will print, sign and email back to me the sign copy.

Your full name:
Current address:
Confirmed move in date:
move out date:
Mobile number:

Please get back to me with these information so that i can tell you how to proceed and please, let me know if you have other options
because i wouldn't want to schedule viewing with you and get disappointed at the end of the day.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Dickson"
#297372 by AlanJones Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:40 pm
hi
thanks everyone above, you helped me avoid getting scammed. I was just about to pay the deposit but prayed istikhara (prayer to help you make decisions) and found this website
here is the email i received

Thanks for the interest you have in my house ,The house is still available for rent and its a 3 bedroom house, which is located in (ADDRESS REMOVED), Greater Manchester. I took the pictures 10 days ago and you can stay in my house as long as you pay your rent at when due. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Rent per month: £500
Security deposit: £500 protected by the Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme and it's refundable after end of your stay in my house.

However, i need to know some details about you. Can you keep my property clean and tidy? Do you have character reference? The property is refurbished and all the facilities present are all new so i am looking for a responsible and clean tenant.

I am reliable and open. If anything goes wrong in the property, i will make sure the problem is quickly rectified. I have been disappointed lately with un serious interested candidate when it comes to viewing or reservation so i would appreciate your sincere reply.

Regards,
Tiffany.
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Poster changed to myself to remove user signed up with personal details

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.