Room for Rent and other rental scams
#296025 by Michelle Tue May 24, 2016 11:23 am
Home Home <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the email. Yes, the House is still available and will only be given out to the right person that will take very good care of the place and the facilities.

Well i must let you know that the house has a lot of facilities like laundry facilities,air condition, internet and telephone access and a car park and other necessary facilities. The Monthly Electricity Bill and Utils has been paid for up front for 1yr to this time and in the Kitchen its a gas Furnace.

I have really decided to give out the house as a result of my transfer to Greensboro ,North Carolina in my new place of employment.

I will be renting out the house for $700.00 (Including Utilities) and a security deposit of $500 and i am pet friendly for cats and dogs so $200 for pet deposit and I need to inform you as well that money is not the major reason why I am renting it out but want someone who can take care of it as if he/she owns it.

House Address : 4211 Reeshemah Street, Atlanta, GA 30349
Bedrooms 3
Bathrooms 2.5
LIVEABLE SPACE:~ 1821 Square Feet
Pet: Allowed
Smoking: Out side
Lease Terms: 1-3 years
Utilities Included in the rent are water ,Gas and electricity
Pets allowed are DOGS and CATS
Drive by Immediately and see it !!!

I was actually working with a Realtor earlier but noticed he increased the rent more than i expected so i told him i was going to hand it myself because the way he increased the rent and deposit, the renters can't afford it and it can even scare tenants away more so, with that act, the house will be vacant for long that is why the house is still vacant till now.
But if you are willing to work with my situation, let me know so that we can discuss the rent further so i can send you an Application Form, Lease Agreement.

Cheers
Margie Minter
4211 Reeshemah Street, Atlanta, GA 30349

Home Home <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your mail and the interest you have in my property, I am not around to show you the house now cos i just got a new contract with the company am working for and the company dont give me a chance to travel for now so this make me move my family along with me cos of the distance.

So i will advice you if you can visit the house and look through widow and if you like what you see then email me back so we can continue with other formalities or if you can pay for security deposit payment then i will mail the key and the document of the house to you so you can be able to see everything inside of the house and if you like it then you pay the rent fee when you move in but if you dont like it then your deposit will be refundable back to you immediately.

So do get back to me so i can email you the application form to fill if you are interest in renting the house and ready to work with my situation.

You can reach but call is not allow during the working time in my working place so you can text me to my phone (720) 515-9148
Cheers

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement