Room for Rent and other rental scams
#296446 by Michelle Sat May 28, 2016 4:17 am
Subject: Re: Request from Enrico Savorelli at WG-Gesucht.de

Hello ,

Thank you for getting back to me in regards to my apartment available for rent,its very much available for rent so I have attached the pictures here and also other information about the flat.The room pictures and others.Building apartment is on the 2nd floor.Bedroom come with double bed,pillow bed-spread and wardrobe.New bathroom with shower and towel.Kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary needs like pot, spoon,plate,micro-wave,and dish washer.A generous and quiet accommodation with a maximum of comfort for a pleasant and relaxed stay in Frankfurt.Am renting out my apartment since I will live in other place and I look forward to someone who can take good care it during rent period without no financial issue in regards to monthly rent fee and not disturbing other neighbor with noise or loud sound.

INCLUDED:

- Fully fitted kitchen (including dish washer ,fridge, hob, plates, cutlery, etc.
- Internet flat-rate WiFii
- washing machine
- Iron and ironing board

Rent: 550 € include utility costs and 300 € security deposit/Bond which will be giving back to you when you are moving out of my apartment without no damage beyond repair to any of the properties.

Apartment Location/Address: Windmuhl Street 5, 60329 Frankfurt,Germany. its on quiet area and close to one of the nicest and most popular areas in Frankfurt. There are a wide range of restaurants,bars and markets in this family friendly area,known for it’s charm and high quality of life.Public transport is around the corner and it’s only a 5 minute walk.

The minimum rental period is 1 month. additional collateral must be verified before Mietgebinn: - Demonstrate how the flat will be paid for: eg scholarships, student loans, proof of income through employment or a guarantee. -note that the first 1 month payment with deposit must be paid before moving in.(850euro)
if you are okay with it, kindly get back to me so that I can tell you about rent process and details needed from you to prepare the rental agreement contract.

Thanks and hoping to hear from you as am looking forward to have a co-operative rent who can manage this apartment during rent period.

Regards
Sham AH.
+380 96 192 3855

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement