Room for Rent and other rental scams
#285592 by Michelle Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:58 am
Subject: Re: Follow-up on 610 Pacific Ave Apartment - room for rent :)
To: Michelle Banks

Thanks for showing interest in my place.I'm Adam. The apartment will be available for as long as you are willing to rent. my wife is disabled and I currently relocated back to our other house with my family in NewYork that's why the apartment is vacant. Moreover, are you very clean,kind and easygoing? because my wife and I spent a lot on our property, so we want someone who can take care of the apartment,i am looking to rent this unit out,long and short term is allowed

The Apartment is available for immediate move in. Its a Modern 1 bedroom & 1 bathroom in a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom and a large living room apartment, you will have access to the rest of the amenities in the apartment which includes dish washer with in-suite laundry room and plenty of storage space and parking space . Professional and mature neighbors ensure peaceful living arrangements.well behaved pets are allowed

I will like you to drive by to the building today to view the exterior of the building for you to know where the apartment is located,i am not available to meet with you for viewing as i am out of the state,when you check out the exterior,kindly get back to me so that I can forward you the full interior pictures and application form then we can proceed to how the keys will be delivered to you...

Thanks for taking your time in writing me and hope to hear back from you.
Regards
Adam

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or Bank payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#288290 by Michelle Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks for getting back to me and i am happy to announce to you that your application has been approved.The documents coming to you along with the keys includes;

The payment receipt
The signed contract lease agreement
The apartment documentary file

We have reviewed your application and I have the keys and the documents ready for shipment.The total cost to move in will be $1150,which is $650 for the first month rent including utilities and $500 for the damage deposit which will be refunded at the end of your stay.I will like you to go ahead and send the payment to my wife's information below via Western Union.Also attached to this email are couple of my pictures and my wife's so you can know how we look like and send your pictures so that we can know how our tenant look like.

Name: Pamela Stafford
city: Queens
State: New york
Zip code: 11412
USA

Kindly get back to me with the below information as soon as you send the money via Western Union.

Sender's Name:
Sender's Address:
MTCN # (10 Digits):
Amount Sent:

Once we receive the payment confirmation from you, we will get the keys shipped to you through DHL courier service {Overnight Delivery} and the shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can know the exact time the package will be delivered to you so that you can move in at your own convenient time.

Regards
Adam

#296534 by Michelle Sun May 29, 2016 4:21 am
To: Michelle
Subject: Re: Furnished 1 bedroom 1 bathroom for Sublet

Thanks for getting back to me and i am happy to announce to you that your application has been approved..The documents coming to you along with the keys includes;

The payment receipt
The signed contract lease agreement
The apartment documentary file

We have reviewed your application and I have the keys and the documents ready for shipment.The total cost to move in will be $1350,which is $850 for the first months' rent including utilities and $500 for the damage deposit which will be refunded at the end of your stay.I will like you to go ahead and send the payment to my wife's information below via Western Union.Also attached to this email are couple of my pictures and my wife's so you can know how we look like and send your pictures so that we can know how our tenant look like.

Name: Isabel Krauth
City: Lawrenceville
State: Georgia
Zip code: 30043
USA

Kindly get back to me with the below information as soon as you send the money via Western Union.

Sender's Name:
Sender's Address:
MTCN # (10 Digits):
Amount Sent:

Once we receive the payment confirmation from you, we will get the keys shipped to you through DHL courier service {Overnight Delivery} and the shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can know the exact time the package will be delivered to you so that you can move in at your own convenient time.

Regards
Adam

#297755 by pcskigal Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 pm
thank you so much for posting this. You know what they say about things that are too good to be true. Something told me that this was one of those rental scams and your post confirmed it. I replied to his email with the link to scamwarners. I just hope that others never fall for this ass.
#297756 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:29 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please do not refer scammers to us or any anti scam site.

When you do this the scammer will change his information. Then potential victims like you will not find this warning.

It only takes a scammer about 10 minutes to get another free email address and make up a fake name.

Now we will find this scammer again when someone questions his information, hopefully not from a victim who lost money..

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/