Room for Rent and other rental scams
#303897 by Michelle Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:26 am
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: Kontaktanfrage bei immowelt.de Online-ID: 2BZED43 Referenznummer: 1_2039305
Hello ,

Thank you for your attention about my apartment for rent.
If you have questions about the bills, I need to inform you that only bills that you will pay are for internet and gas around 40 - 50 EUR.
You can use my furniture with no extra pay, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
The price that must be paid every month will be 400 EUR including all utility (water, electricity, heating, cable TV, parking space, refrigerator, microwave, etc).
Since I am the only person who have the keys and the acts I am able to use a real estate agency for delivery named Airbnb who will take care of this transaction, and I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see if the apartment suits your needs.
So the delivery will be started like this:

1) I will make the delivery papers at Airbnb agency.I will pay also to fees of the delivery that will be around 150 €.

2) After I will make the papers for delivery, Airbnb will require for your payment confirmation of the first month and the guarantee deposit(€ 400.00 + € 800.00= € 1200.00) into their bank account , you will find the instructions in the invoice.

3) After you confirm the payment , delivery will start and when you will receive the keys , you will have 2 days inspection period before your final decision to rent.

The agent will arrive at your address in 2 - 3 working day's.

4) If all is in order, you will instruct Airbnb agency to give me the money. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account.

5) If you refuse to rent the apt , Airbnb agency will give you a full refund (€ 1200.00) and you will give them back the keys and the contract.

If you agree to proceed the delivery I need from you these information:

Name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Copy of ID or passport attached by mail:
Phone number available:
Nr. of persons:

After we start the delivery you just need to follow the instructions that you will get from agency so we can close the transaction successfully.
The keys and the acts can remain at you until you want to see and move in to the apartment.

Thank you and I will wait for news !

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#304070 by manu_chao Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:57 pm
Dear Michelle

Thanks for your warnung.
I just received the following message after searching a flat using "immobilienscout24.de" :

Hallo,

Vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort, ich habe Ihre E-Mail in Bezug auf meine Wohnung.
Sorry für meine verspätete Antwort, aber ich bin in London - Großbritannien gerade jetzt, und ich bin beschäftigt mit einem projekt arbeiten. Wie auch immer, ich danke Ihnen für Ihr Interesse an der Anmietung meiner Wohnung. Der Preis für die monatliche Miete beträgt 540 EUR (der Preis enthält alle Nebenkosten). Ich besitze die Wohnung, und ich ging mit meiner Arbeit für eine 8-Jahres-Vertrag in Großbritannien, also beschloss ich, es zu mieten. Die Wohnung ist in einwandfreiem Zustand, keine Notwendigkeit für zusätzliche Reparaturen was so überhaupt. Also, wenn Sie Interesse an der Anmietung meiner Wohnung gibt, bitte eine E-Mail an mich zurück für weitere Details.
Ich habe kein Problem, wenn Sie Tiere zu halten.
Die Wohnung Adresse:...strasse / 85... Ingolstadt.
Ich übersetze Deutsch zu schreiben, wenn Sie sprechen Englisch, bitte komm zu mir auf englisch.
Mfg,
-
Konstruktion Ingenieur

Andreas Scharff
49 Hatton Garden
London - EC1N 8HN
United Kingdom
[email protected]

First question which came up to me was: Why does this person have a name which really 'sounds' german, but cannot write any single german word?