Room for Rent and other rental scams
#288966 by Michelle Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:12 am

Subject: $1500 / 1br - 1BR in DuPont Circle, two-block walk to Metro, Patio (Dupont Circle)
To: "Michelle Banks"

Thanks for your interest in my property, My name is Juan.

All Utilities Are Included.
Property Type: apartment. Floor Area: 1000sq. ft.
General: Air Conditioning,Clothes Dryer,Internet, Linens Provided, Washing Machine.
Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher,Microwave,Refrigerator,Toaster.
Entertainment:DVD Player, Satellite / Cable, Television.
Parking : For one vehicle only.

You'll be able to run most errands on foot, not to mention walking to a variety of really wonderful and interesting restaurants and cafe.few minutes walk to the metro station and grocery. There's also a Giant supermarket few blocks away if you'd prefer to eat at home in your peaceful space.

Rental Quotation,
Price per month : $1500(Utilities Included)
Total for 6months : $9,500(Discount Price)
Security Deposit : $500(100% Refundable On check out date IF There is no damage done in the property)

Property Location : 2124 O St NW, Washington, DC 20037,

You can come and view the unit' but it has to be on Saturday,which is on due to the current guest! she's checking out on Saturday, So you can come on Saturday afternoon after the cleaning or Sunday morning. But i can't assure you if the property will still be available by then, cause we have more interested applicant right now.So it would be appreciable if you can go through the lease agreement form now and make the reservation deposit. With that' i can secure and lock down the unit under your name' and it's 100% refundable if you are not comfortable with what you see on Saturday.So let me know if you are ready to make the reservation now.

Thanks

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#294868 by Michelle Sat May 14, 2016 12:45 pm
congenial rentals <[email protected]> wrote:

Here is the lease agreement form attached to you,download it,go through it and fill in the necessary details then scan it and send it back to me .The property will be reserve and lock down under your name' as soon as i get back the Lease filled and confirm your reservation deposit.

Payment Mode : Bank Deposit/24hours Transfer.

Account Name: Juan Acosta
Account Number : 3319969394
Routing Number: 121042882
Bank Name : Wells Fargo
noted

Please Note: Your Reservation Would Be Cancel If I don't Get Back The Lease Filled And The Reservation Deposit After 24hours.

Thank You.

#303953 by Michelle Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:45 pm

Subject: $1500 / 1br - DuPont Circle Cloud is a stylish, recently renovated 1 bedroom, 1 bath (Dupont Circle)
To: Michelle Banks

Thanks for your interest in my property, My name is Christy
All Utilities Are Included.
Property Type: apartment. Floor Area: 700sq. ft.
General: Air Conditioning,Clothes Dryer,Internet, Linens Provided, Washing Machine.
Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher,Microwave,Refrigerator,Toaster.
Entertainment:DVD Player, Satellite / Cable, Television.
Parking : For one vehicle only.

You'll be able to run most errands on foot, not to mention walking to a variety of really wonderful and interesting restaurants and cafe.few minutes walk to the metro station and grocery. There's also a Giant supermarket few blocks away if you'd prefer to eat at home in your peaceful space.

Rental Quotation,
Price per month : $1500(Utilities Included)
Security Deposit : $500(100% Refundable On check out date IF There is no damage done in the property)

Property Location : 2126 O St NW, Washington, DC 20037

You can come and view the unit' but it has to be on Sunday,which is on due to the current guest! she's checking out on Sunday, So you can come on Sunday afternoon after the cleaning or Monday morning. But i can't assure you if the property will still be available by then, cause we have more interested applicant right now.So it would be appreciable if you can go through the lease agreement form now and make the reservation deposit. With that' i can secure and lock down the unit under your name' and it's 100% refundable if you are not comfortable with what you see on Sunday.So let me know if you are ready to make the reservation now.

Thanks

#304162 by Michelle Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Subject: Re: $1500 / 1br - Corporate/Vacation Condominium In Popular West Loop Neighborhood (Chicago)

I got the details and am perfectly okay with it..Here is the lease agreement form attached to you,download it,go through it and fill in the necessary details then scan it and send it back to me .The property will be reserve and lock down under your name' as soon as i get back the Lease filled and confirm your reservation deposit.

Payment Mode : Bank Deposit/24hours Transfer.

Account name : Christy L Hahn
Account number : 355007642116.
Routine number: 081000032.
Bank Name : BANK OF AMERICA

Please Note: Your Reservation Would Be Cancel If I don't Get Back The Lease Filled And The Reservation Deposit After 24hours.

Thank You.