Room for Rent and other rental scams
#282694 by Execuref Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:54 pm
Using Craigslist this person asks for a $1200 up front fee and sends his contract with bank transfer details using a different name for his 'property manager'.

In this case the property cannot be viewed as
a) it is currently occupied by newlyweds who have been promised privacy
b) the apartment is actually on one of the (lower) commercial not (higher) residential floors !

Hope that this helps someone avoid a scam or alternatively those newlyweds are in for a terrible shock when potential renters start appearing ;)
Advertisement

#282714 by Mike Wilson Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 am
Hello Execuref,
Please post the email that asked for the payment to be sent to a bank account. Include the email address and telephone number if one was used in this scam. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#282726 by Mike Wilson Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:01 am
Ron Jeffrey [email protected]
Contact telephone number (646) 493-2191 VoIP number

Hello John

The apartment is available for your choosing dates <removed>. It is $150 per night. In order to secure and reserve the rental for your choosing dates, you have to make a deposit which is 50% of the total amount plus the Security deposit ($500) which you have to make before your arrival date.

29 NIGHTS = $4350
SECURITY DEPOSIT = $500
TOTAL AMOUNT = $4850
DEPOSIT AMOUNT = $2675
BALANCE UPON ARRIVAL = $2175
The Security deposit which is $500 will be refunded on your check-out date .

Amenities includes: Central Air Conditioning, Wifi internet access, Parking space available for two cars, taxes bills, car park bill, cleaning bills has all been taken care of. High quality towels, linens and dishes, flat screen TV with cable and DVD player, Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, Laundry machine, Refrigerator, Microwave, Ice Maker. Pet allowed.

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible if you are interested, so i can send the Contract Form to you to fill for reservation.

Regards
Ron

I got the filled form. Here is my accountant bank details below;

Account holder's name..... Jeryl Lynn Wilson
Checking account number.... 1005xxxxxxx4439
Routing number....263182817
Bank name...Suncoast Credit Union Chiefland Service Center

Kindly get back to me as soon as the deposit is made, so i can send the Rent Receipt to you.

Thanks for your cooperation

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#297978 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:30 pm
It is a scam.

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to giving him any money.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#297996 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:46 pm
(646) 845-9793
VoIP - Twilio >> This number can call and receive calls from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.

The real rental manager is here. >> .resnicknyc.com/residential/property/235-west-56th-street/994823/overview

Scammer is offering a too good to be real price.

235 West 56th Street, New York, NY 10107 NYC, NY 10107

KELVIN MARTINS
646-845-9793

This is a nice and beautifully 1 bedroom apartment for rent,well furnished with modern furnitures,complete kitchen facilities,queen size bed,Air Conditioning system inclusive,Controlled Access ,Professional Maintenance available when needed,Generous Closets,Washer/Dryer,Microwave,Cable TV,DVD player,water,gas,electricity are all inclusive in the unit.

Also included in the building are laundry section,fitness and
health,Elevator center as well as Garage.The environment is calm,safe with
the police patrol team,public transportation close by,subway also available
to ease movement.

Flexible
Property / Area Information
Rental Type
Apartments
Date Available
Immediately
Monthly Rent
$1,050.00

Deposit
$800.00
Bedrooms
Bathrooms
Sq. Footage
Parking
Pets
Dogs are allowed.
Cats are allowed.
* All kinds of pets allowed
Neighborhood/
Subdivision
School Distrct
Elementary School
Middle School
High School
Smoking Policy
Smoking Allowed
Available Lease Terms
6 Months, 9 Months, 1 Year, 18 Months, 2 Years, Month to Month
* Lease Term is Flexible
Included Utilities
Water, Garbage
Community Features
Laundry, Elevator, Storage, Handicap Accessible, Access Gate, Gym
Kitchen Features
Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, Island, Breakfast Nook, Stove, Pantry, Garbage Disposal
Flooring
Carpet
Ammenities
Washer/Dryer, Washer/Dryer Hookups, A/C, Walk-in Closets, Fireplace, Ceiling Fan, Vaulted Ceilings, Cable Available, Intrusion Alarm, Skylights, Blinds, Heat, Furnished
Outdoor Features
Balcony, Storage

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#298000 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:09 pm
Another fake rental tied to the phone number. 646-845-9793

King's Gate

#2724 Kahoaloha Ln Honolulu, HI 96826

Honolulu, HI 96826

(646) 845-9793

Nice amenities

A nice one bedroom apartment

#304414 by Gizzy Girl Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:43 am
I am so pleased I read this. We come from outside of the US and are visiting New York in September/October. I saw a 'too good to be true' apartment yesterday on Craigslist. Somewhat sceptical I sent a query anyway. I received a reply from this Ron Jeffrey. It was identical to the email below. He has followed me up again today twice. I suggested I arrange for a business contact who lives in NYC to come and meet Ron and inspect the apartment during the coming week. He replied that it is tenanted up until the day before we want it and then some blurb about new policy relating to invading the privacy of the current tenant. Of course, he wants a bank transfer etc. I guess Mr J will not be getting any business from us!

Mike Wilson wrote:Ron Jeffrey [email protected]
Contact telephone number (646) 493-2191 VoIP number

Hello John

The apartment is available for your choosing dates <removed>. It is $150 per night. In order to secure and reserve the rental for your choosing dates, you have to make a deposit which is 50% of the total amount plus the Security deposit ($500) which you have to make before your arrival date.

29 NIGHTS = $4350
SECURITY DEPOSIT = $500
TOTAL AMOUNT = $4850
DEPOSIT AMOUNT = $2675
BALANCE UPON ARRIVAL = $2175
The Security deposit which is $500 will be refunded on your check-out date .

Amenities includes: Central Air Conditioning, Wifi internet access, Parking space available for two cars, taxes bills, car park bill, cleaning bills has all been taken care of. High quality towels, linens and dishes, flat screen TV with cable and DVD player, Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, Laundry machine, Refrigerator, Microwave, Ice Maker. Pet allowed.

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible if you are interested, so i can send the Contract Form to you to fill for reservation.

Regards
Ron

I got the filled form. Here is my accountant bank details below;

Account holder's name..... Jeryl Lynn Wilson
Checking account number.... 1005xxxxxxx4439
Routing number....263182817
Bank name...Suncoast Credit Union Chiefland Service Center

Kindly get back to me as soon as the deposit is made, so i can send the Rent Receipt to you.

Thanks for your cooperation