Room for Rent and other rental scams
#309740 by Bryon Williams Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:34 pm
Hello,

I received your message on my ad, I confirm that my offer is still available, I currently reside in Rome Italy, and I have been very busy at work. Anyway, thank you for your interest in renting my apartment. The price of the monthly rent is 450,00 EUR (the price includes all utilities costs) and wohnung Kaution is 1.000,00 EUR. I own the apartment and i left with my work for a 5 years contract in Rome Italy, so I decided to rent it. The apartment is in perfect condition, no need for additional repairs what so ever. So, if you are interested in renting my apartment, please email me back for more details.

Best regards
Ritta Rotto

Date:
Subject: Re: Neue Nachricht: Frau van Oppen hat Ihnen geantwortet. (Objekt 90813328)
To:

Hello,

You can rent the apartment for min. 1 months and max. 5 years but we can renew the contract. The apartment is fully furnished, but if you want, you can rent it unfurnished.
As I told you in my first e-mail, I am with my work right now. Before leaving Germany I had prearranged the deal with Airbnb Company so my presence isn’t necessary.
The keys and all needed papers are in their possession, ready for delivery. You will have 3 days to inspect the the apartment before rent it. Airbnb will start the delivery for the keys and the contract to you, but first you must deposit the value of 1 rental months (450 EUR) plus + 1.000 EUR Kaution total is (1.450 EUR) in their account.

If you are interested to rent the apartment please send me your information, so i can make the deal.

Name
Address
City
Postal Code
Country
Phone number

Airbnb will contact you with all the details that you need, to complete this deal. Waiting your email with the requested details.

Best regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#309877 by Bryon Williams Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:07 pm
Subject: EXT: Schöne, gut gelegene Wohnung

Hello,

I received your message on my ad, I confirm that my offer is still available, I currently reside in Rome Italy , and I have been very busy at work. Anyway, thank you for your interest in renting my apartment. The price of the monthly rent is 500 EUR (the price includes all utilities costs) and wohnung Kaution is 1.000 EUR . I own the apartment and i left with my work for a 5 years contract in Rome, Italy, so I decided to rent it. The apartment is in perfect condition, no need for additional repairs what so ever. So, if you are interested in renting my apartment, please email me back for more details.

Best regards,

Marc Laurent

Salzstraße 13

79098 Freiburg im Breisgau

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#310109 by vickyvan Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 pm
Unfortunately I received the third message in a week that has the same pattern as viewtopic.php?f=39&t=129015 and viewtopic.php?f=39&p=309739

They are posting in http://www.immobilienscout24.de.

Date: 2016-10-24 19:30 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: Qualifizierte Anfrage zu Ihrem Objekt b129262a-a5b2-454c-8d70-dbee03f265e3
To:

Hallo ,

Mein name ist Manuel Beltman , Ich bin 46 Jahre alt arbeitet derzeit in Spanien als elektrizität ingenieur.
Ich arbeitete in Deutschland für eine elektrizitätsgesellschaft und zog ich mit meiner Familie in Spanien.
Die wohnung ist zu mieten, von 1 monat bis zu 10 jahren .
Die wohnung verfügt über 2 Zimmer ,1 wohnzimmer, 1 schlafzimmer, küche ,badezimmer, mit einer fläche von (50m²).
Die monatliche miete, für die wohnung wird 570 EUR + 100 EUR zusätzliche dienstprogramme werden kosten (in die versorgungsunternehmen kosten wird der strom, heizung und parkplatz , abfallvernichter, mikrowellenherd, kühlschrank, waschmaschiene )und Kaution (300 EUR).
Die Wohnung befindet im :Grafenstraße 35, 64283 Darmstadt Deutschland.

Also, wenn sie interesse an der anmietung mein wohnung , kontaktieren sie mich fur weitere informationen

Grüße,

Manuel Beltman