Room for Rent and other rental scams
#310116 by Michelle Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Hey Michelle
Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in Falkertstraße 36, 70176 Stuttgart, West, Deutschland .

Rooms : 2
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Living Area approx: 78,00 m²

The apartment is fully furnished and renovated . You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you can store my furniture in the large basement cellar.
The monthly rent price is 550 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period. The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.
In the apartment you find a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine, a dryer, an iron, an oven, a toaster, coffee maker, Internet access and Wi-Fi access.
We have the apartment since January 2015 and we lived there until last month,then my work contract ended and we returned home to Lubicz Dolny, Poland .
The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and other amenities. Pets are allowed, but I ask you everything to be kept clean. The apartment has a parking place. I have invested a substantial amount in this apartment and would be very grateful if you we would treat like being your own property. I am interested in a long-term tenant who cares about the property not to earn money by rental income .
Because of my unexpected return to Poland its been short time to find a reliable tenant. I have the keys. Once I find a serious tenant I come back to Germany, to show it and sign the lease.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!
Best

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#311781 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:52 pm
[email protected]

Good Day,
I am very glad that you are interested to rent my apartment , my name is Paulina Natalia Kowalska and I am from Poland .
If you are really interested please reply me in English with all your inquiries .
Looking forward to hear from you .
Thank You and Have a great day!

Subject: AW: Zuccalistr. 16 , 80639 München, Nymphenburg

Hey xxxxxxxxxxxx,

Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in Zuccalistr. 16, 80639 München, Nymphenburg, Deutschland .

Rooms : 2
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Living Area approx: 77,00 m²

The apartment is fully furnished and renovated . You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you can store my furniture in the large basement cellar.
The monthly rent price is 550 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period. The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.
In the apartment you find a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine, a dryer, an iron, an oven, a toaster, coffee maker, Internet access and Wi-Fi access.
We have the apartment since January 2015 and we lived there until last month,then my work contract ended and we returned home to Lubicz Dolny, Poland .
The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and other amenities. Pets are allowed, but I ask you everything to be kept clean. The apartment has a parking place. I have invested a substantial amount in this apartment and would be very grateful if you we would treat like being your own property. I am interested in a long-term tenant who cares about the property not to earn money by rental income .
Because of my unexpected return to Poland its been short time to find a reliable tenant. I have the keys. Once I find a serious tenant I come back to Germany, to show it and sign the lease.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!
Best.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/