Room for Rent and other rental scams
#310184 by Michelle Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:34 pm
Schreiber Jack <[email protected]>:
Hello

Thanks for the inquiry and the interest in my apartment.The apartment is still available for lease, However availability for the month to month rent starting from 02/01/2017 till 02/28/2017 and extension can be guaranteed only with payment reservation. No Brokers fee is needed, The unit comes fully furnished as advertised on Craigslist, Utilities in the monthly rent include Electricity, Gas, High Speed Wireless Internet, Cable TV, Water, A/C, Hot and Cold Water,Parking, Laundry,Garbage collection. The monthly rent is $1,000 and the address is 100 Lincoln rd, South Beach, Miami, FL 33139.

The Apartment is quiet and also located in a convenient environment and the neighborhood is surrounded with a multitude of entertainment options such as movies, theaters,shopping malls, beauty salons, and restaurants. And also to let you know that this apartment is what you deserve. I'm happy to tell you that the Apartment is pet friendly.

Lease term is flexible, month to months lease is accepted with option of renewal... The actual apartment is what you saw on Craigslist. To secure this apartment for your desired move in and move out date, You'll need to pay first month rent and refundable security deposit against damage of $1,000. The unit is private and nothing is shared

Note that we do not accept payments without due application process as all deposits are fully refundable in the event that the apartment does not conform to your taste and expectation upon arrival.

Get back to me so i can forward the Rental Application Form to you so you can fill and send back for approval to enable us move on with the rental process.

Sincerely,
Thanks and God Bless.

Schreiber Jack
[email protected]

Schreiber Jack <[email protected]>:
Good Morning

It's good to read back from you. You're right with this statement of yours "So I have to pay the monthly rent of 1000$ once and the security deposit of 1000$, which I get back if its all okay." and the exact address is 100 Lincoln rd, South Beach, Miami, FL 33139 APT #519. To proceed with the booking process. I am enclosing Rental Application Form which I would need completed to be able to prepare the paperwork for the sublease as will need to have a signed paperwork before sealing the sublease.

I look forward to sealing this with you and happy to answer any more questions you may have. it'd be good to speed things up.

I look forward to your email.

Best Regards,

Schreiber Jack
[email protected]

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement