Room for Rent and other rental scams
#320188 by Michelle Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:26 am
"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about our house . Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. My daughter and i just moved to Springfield, Missouri for a program called SAVING THE LESS PRIVILEGE CHILD PROGRAM with DAVE THOMAS FOUNDATION.The program is taking place in three major states, Virginia, Ohio & Missouri . We will be staying in Missouri for at lest 2 years or more and that is why we have made up our minds to put up the house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. for more information visit our website on www.davethomasfoundation.org

DETAILS ABOUT THE HOUSE.
Number of bedrooms:3
Number of bathrooms: 2.5

Rent is $1000

security Deposit is $800..Security Deposit is Refundable

Total: $1,800

Utilities included in monthly rent

Here is the address to the house: 5137 Camino Playa Malaga, San Diego, CA

Get back to me so i can forward you the rent questionnaire i would want you to fill out.

Regards

Thanks and God bless you

Vincent Savignano

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement