Room for Rent and other rental scams
#320800 by Michelle Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:04 am

Living room: dining table & seats, shelves, flat screen TV and Internet connection + double bed
Equipped kitchen: electric plates, refrigerator, and all dishes.
Bathroom: shower, washbasin, and toilets.
Individual electric heating.

About me:
Am Pastor Marion Martinez,I am a non-smoking Business consultant (also an ordained evangelical pastor from the USA). I'm in Vancouver for Professional Studies on Indigenous and Inter-Religious Studies. This is a two-year program. Basic research in three major monotheistic faith traditions and North American indigenous traditions. I'm on the final stage which is the North American indigenous traditions and I'm bid to spend the next 20 months in Texas,USA, Mexico, Bahamas and Uruguay for studies on American indigenous traditions.All I just need is someone either students or anybody working in a reputable organization to rent the apartment with an open heart, love and clean to occupy it and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the house.

All services near by: metro, highway, banks, restaurants…
Asking Price : 650 CAD per month, utilities including
Security Deposit: 400 CAD which is refundable.
Available now for both long and short term

So if you are interested in renting the flat, kindly get back to me by filling me with below details for me to prepare a lease agreement for you and for registration.

*Your Full Name:
*Your Full Address:
*Phone Number:
*Age?:
*Are you married?:
*Do you have a pet?:
*Do you have a car?:
*Occupation?:
*The picture of the Tenant Renting the house? (If available):
*Exact move in date:
*Exact move out date (If known):

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.

Pastor Marion Martinez

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#339369 by ahusseini Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 pm
I was defrauded by this thief. He's using cash deposits in an RBC account for his "lawyer" to collect deposits.

phone numbers:
him 604-259-3766
his "lawyer" 604-265-2487

emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Address associated with the RBC account:
1926 Marmier St.
Longueuil, QC
J4K4T6

He's going by Marion Martin now. I can't believe I was stupid enough to trust this scammer. I reverse searched all of his images and there were no results. I didn't think to search his emails until he asked for a third month's rent in inclusion to first and last that he collected.

RBC doesn't care that he's using their business to scam people and the police can't do anything because it is not a priority. Immediately place a fraud alert on your credit account with Transunion or Equifax. Don't be naive and too trusting like me and stay away from this thief. Lesson learned :(