Room for Rent and other rental scams
#324211 by RentalAlerts Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:54 am
This is the email that is being sent:

To start the transaction with Uniplaces.com you need to send me all this details:
>
> Full name:
> Address:
> City:
> Postal Code:
> Country:
> Mobile phone number:
> Copy of ID Card or Passport:
> Personal email:
> Date you want to move in the apartment:
> Rental period that you want to stay:
>
> Now let me explain you how the transaction works:
>
> After I receive all this details, I can go to the Uniplaces.com office and start the renting procedure. When the keys and the rental contract will be in their custody, they will send you a delivery notification.
>
> When you receive the delivery notification from Uniplaces.com you will have to transfer to the Uniplaces.com agent, assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed ( 1350 EUR ). I inform you that your payment must be confirmed in 24-48 hours or early after the transaction was started othewise everything will be cancelled.
>
> After you make the deposit you must send to Uniplaces.com a picture with the transaction so they can know that you already made the deposit. When the money will be transfered into their bank account they will deliver the keys and the rental contract at your home address. If you will be satisfied with the apartment, you will sign the rental contract and if you will not like the apt you will be fully refunded by Uniplaces.com and I will receive my keys and rental contract back. ONLY AFTER YOU WILL CONFIRM TO THEM THAT ALL IS ORDER AND YOU WANT TO SIGN THE RENTAL CONTRACT I WILL RECEIVE THE PAYMENT.
>
> Thank's and have a good day
>
>
> Your money will be safe in Uniplaces.com custody and I hope you read my e-mail very well, and know that you have to pay before you see the apartment because this is the safety policy of Uniplaces.com.
Advertisement

#324848 by Michelle Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:56 am
De: An Fu <[email protected]>

Hello ,

My name is Antoinette Bfurlow and I am the owner of the apartment located at Rua Joaquim António de Aguiar, 35, Coração de Jesus, Santo António Lisboa 1070-149. I am very happy that you want to move into my apartment and hope that you will treat it like your own place. I would really appreaciate if you could answer me in english because my portuguese is very bad. To be honest with you when I worked in Lisboa I spoked only in english.

The apartment has 1 bedroom, living room, kitchen, 1 bathroom, surface of 47m2 and is fully furnished. If by any chance you want to rent it unfurnished you can move all the furniture into my basement storage.
Is available for rent at Eur 250 per month including all utilities (Electricity/Telephone/Cable/Internet/Water), for as long as you need. Recently renovated the apartment is in a very good condition, very clean and completely livable. The asking rent is lower then the average price requested in that area but not using a letting agent and not paying fees and commissions allows me to ask a lower rental price than others.

The apartment was bought by me in 2015, and I lived there until 4 months ago when my job contract ended and I returned home to Italy.
Also the apartment is near the public transportation, a gym, and other facilities. The apartment has a parking space for one car. I have spent a great amount of money with the apartment and my request is that you treat it like it was your own.

I am looking for a long term tenancy agreement as I will most definitely never return to Lisboa for permanent residency.

Hope you don't mind answering a few questions:

1. Who will be living in the property and what are their occupations?
2. Are there any children, pets or smokers who will live in the property?
3. How long will the initial tenancy be required for 6 - 12 months - longer etc?
Please let me know if you are seriously interested.

Antoinette Bfurlow

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

#326643 by Michelle Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:23 pm
An Fu <[email protected]> -----

De: An Fu <[email protected]>

I will not be using the apartment for the next 4 years for sure, maybe never. You can move in when it's possible for you but please understand that I have to secure a tenant as soon as possible. We can start with a renting contract of 6 months and it can be renewed if necessary or if you wish to move out earlier 30 days notice will be required.

First I have to inform you that the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be EUR 250 and I also require a damage deposit of EUR 700 which will be reimbursed when you move out, in total you have to pay EUR 950 so you can move in my apartment without any additional charges to pay. I want to receive the monthly rent from you in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery of keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by a worldwide third party company called Uniplaces.com ( http://www.uniplaces.com ).

I, as the owner, will have to submit the lease details and copies of the ownership documents to Uniplaces.com for verification. After Uniplaces.com accepts the transaction and completes the documents verification they will contact you as the potential tenant directly and verify if you have the funds available to rent the apartment. If you want I can explain you more about the Uniplaces.com renting process so you can understand better the whole process....I used Uniplaces.com before and I was very pleased by their services in the past ( they are true professionals).