Room for Rent and other rental scams
#331459 by cecece Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:23 pm
Same guy, different name.
"Distillery Road Apartment 5, Drumcondra, Dublin 9

Christian Moritz <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,
Thank you for your interest to rent my apartment.

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in Distillery Road Apartment 5, Drumcondra, Dublin 9

I worked in Ireland in the last 5 years and bought this apartment during my staying in Ireland.
I'm renting the place for unlimited time but right now the flat is inhabited and will be available from 30 June.
Before we go any further I would like to know more about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the place, for how long?
The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 1000 Euro/month. "security deposit" is also 1000 Euro. And you get it back, when you decide to leave from the apartment
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated storeroom, where you can put my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Christian Moritz, I was born in Switzerland I am Deputy General Manager at http://www.skyscanner.ch
The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave of Switzerland where I am now even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training. But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent you the apartment from here.
If you are still interested to rent my place i will explain you how we will do this after I get more information's about you.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thank You!Christian Moritz
Deputy General Manager
http://www.skyscanner.ch"
Advertisement

#331650 by DontTry Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:27 am
I got the same thing for an apartment in Galway, Ireland. It must be a scam. It's too cheap, and they're trying to use Airbnb for payment and claiming an Airbnb rep will do the key exchange and long term leasing. It sounds like a logical mechanism for payment. However, the listing person hasn't even called, and Airbnb does not have representatives that would do this sort of work.

This is NOT how Airbnb works:

Mod Note: The AirBnb email will be fake and spoofed. It is not from the real AirBnb.
"After booking automatically you will receive from Airbnb the payment order (invoice) and once the payment is verified by them, they will contact you to arrange an appointment with you and ask the documentation needed to put the contract up to your name."

Hello again XXXXXXX,

Thank you for getting back to me. I agree to rent the apartment to you but as i said in my first message considering that I can not come to Ireland until 30 July to make the renting procedures i will use the services of Airbnb Inc to make sure that we can trust each other. In this way you will be automatically accepted as my tenant and an agent of Airbnb will have the responsibility to welcome you in our apartment for visit it. All you need to do is to book my property after i list it on their website. You will need to book and pay only for the first 30 days through Airbnb (from 30 June to 3 July)and after this month pass i will come to know you personally, I hope you understand and agree with that, because also for us it is the first time when we rented without personally see the new tenant. You will also have to pay the damage deposit requested by us 1000 Euro (money that will be returned when you will stop living on the place)

From the starting, the contract will be made for a long term and after passing the month rented through Airbnb, i will want to receive the monthly payment between the 30st and 01th of each month in my account, that will come attached to the lease.

You do not have to worry about anything because the money will remain in custody of Airbnb until the place is reviewed and until you get a decision if you want to stay or not.
If the place is not how I described it or as in the pictures you can cancel the reservation and they will reimburse the money on the same day (excluding fees Airbnb), but we are sure will not be the case and you will enjoy the apartment because is just as I described it.

If you agree with the procedure'll list the floor on the website Airbnb for you to make the reservation as soon as possible and begin renting procedures.
After booking automatically you will receive from Airbnb the payment order (invoice) and once the payment is verified by them, they will contact you to arrange an appointment with you and ask the documentation needed to put the contract up to your name.

I think I've explained very nicely how the transaction will flow. Briefly again, You will rent the apartment for 30 days After payment will be done the Agent of Airbnb will call you and will present you the apartment and will make with you the contract of renting for one 30 days. After that I will come personally to meet with you and we will make the contract for 1 year.

Please note: This is the only way and the best way and very sure way for me to rent you the apartment.
Also please if you not accept or if you not know what is Airbnb please do not contact me because sincerely I am very busy with my work and I don't have time to waste my time and you will waste your time!!!

Deputy General Manager
http://www.skyscanner.ch

Christian Moritz <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest to rent my apartment.

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in Crescent Villas Apartment 8, Galway City, Co. Galway

I worked in Ireland in the last 5 years and bought this apartment during my staying in Ireland.
I'm renting the place for unlimited time but right now the flat is inhabited and will be available from 30 June.
Before we go any further I would like to know more about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the place, for how long?
The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 1000 Euro/month. "security deposit" is also 1000 Euro. And you get it back, when you decide to leave from the apartment
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated storeroom, where you can put my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Christian Moritz, I was born in Switzerland I am Deputy General Manager at http://www.skyscanner.ch
The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave of Switzerland where I am now even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training. But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent you the apartment from here.
If you are still interested to rent my place i will explain you how we will do this after I get more information's about you.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Deputy General Manager

http://www.skyscanner.ch
#331652 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:37 am
This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#331733 by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:17 am
Gloria Rosa wrote:Hello! On which rental website from Europe you find this bastard ? I am asking you to know where I need to be more careful. Thank you

It does not matter where the OP found this scammer. Scammer will post ads across the country on different sites.

Your best defense is educating yourself on rental scams.

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to renting.

If you are looking for a vacation rental and can not identify a scam. I recommend a reputable hotel/motel or travel agent.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#331736 by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:19 am
This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.