Room for Rent and other rental scams
#331752 by Michelle Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiries. This furnished one bedroom apartment cost 450euros per month (can keep 4 guests)! Balcony! Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, Microwave, fridge, oven, very close to city center you will find everything you need in this area. All cost for this apartment are included in the rent: Electricity, Gas, Water, Heating, Air conditioning, Internet with wiFi + cable TV 180 programs. Extra you have a paid Parking place. additional cost 500euros for security deposit payment which is refundable at the end of your lease.

However, I left for London, England due to a Project Manager position within a British company for 1-2 years term period. this is why i decided to rent out the unit. as a matter of fact the unit is locked up at the moment and i have the keys with me, but i will urge you to please drive by the house address and take a look at it from outside and the beautiful environment and get back to me if you really like the neighborhood, attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how the inside looks like.

The apartment is located at (12 Rue du Débarcadère, 75017 Paris, France) situated on the 2nd floor of the building, You can also register with my address.

Before any reservation, can you tell me little expression about yourself,

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
Present occupation?
what is your gender?
How old are you?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
How many proposed occupants?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
How many month's rent can you pay before moving in?
Did you have car?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Pictures of the occupant if available?

I will be waiting for your good response soon so that i can explain to you more on how to reserved the flat. you can simply reach me on my phone number below for further discussion on the apartment.

Thanks and have a Great day!
James Pickard
Project Manager (J Breheny Contractors Ltd)
Ph: +44 (794) 922 4615

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement