Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345757 by Michelle Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 am

Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in Weintraubengasse 15 /1,1020 Wien , Österreich. It has 2 rooms : 1 bedroom , 1 living room (50m2 ).
I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Austria, but now she's back home permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.
The flat is exactly like in the pictures, furnished and renovated. The utilities (coldhot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV , dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are included in the price of rent ,you will have one parking spot , the rent is 470 EUR month . The guarantee deposit is EUR 900, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here, and i am too old to move to Austria, so we wi am on't disturb you.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Mirana Pandez and I'm a 56 years old ,Deputy Director of CHAMBER OF COMMERCE from Barcelona, planning to retire in the next 2 years.
I have a lovely husband, Luis Fierro Pandez and a 25 year old daughter, Julia. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandmother ). Another member of our family is a 8 year old Labrador which we all love, so, I have no problem if you will keep pets.
The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Barcelona even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from Barcelona (on my expense of course).
Looking forward to hear from you soon.

All the best from Spain!
Mirana Pandez

Hello ,

First of all , I want to tell you that if you are ready to proceed with this transaction I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works.
You will have 5 days to inspect the apartment before your final decision to rent . I will pay the shipping costs.
This is how they work:
1) I will make the delivery papers at Airbnb.
2) After I will make the papers for delivery they will require for your payment confirmation of the first month and the guarantee deposit( € 470 + € 900 = € 1370.00) to the company. Airbnb will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody .
Also Airbnb will give you further instructions about the money deposit
3) After the payment is confirmed to Airbnb Central Bank Account the delivery process will start and when you will receive the keys, you will have 5 days inspection period before your final decision to rent .
4) If all is in order, you will instruct Airbnb to give me the money. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account.
5) If you refuse to rent the apt , Airbnb will give you a full refund (€ 1370) and you will give them back the keys and the contract.
If you are interested to rent the apartment please send me your information, so i can make the deal

Name
Address
City
Postal Code
Country
Phone number
A copy of your ID,passport or driving license by email ( scan or photo) and a picture of you.

Thanks !

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement