Room for Rent and other rental scams
#348790 by Michelle Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 am

I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 690 X 2 + 600 = 1980 CHF).
After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
Thank you, Sarah

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#352811 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:53 pm
Fra: [email protected] <[email protected]> på vegne af Sarah Guenther <[email protected]>
Emne: SEK4475 / 2br - 76m2 - Apartment 2 bedrooms for rent in Malmo

Hello,

The apartment is free, very quiet area, has everything you need: TV, air conditioning, high speed internet (towels, sheets, cutlery), washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.
Rent is 500 per month (for the entire flat) and I require a deposit of 1000 euro. The monthly rent has the charges included (heating, gas, electricity, water).
We bought this apartment for our family's personal use, but now we are back home permanently in Germany, so we are trying to rent it.
We will not use the apartment for a long time, so you can rent it for as long as you want.
To know each other a little better I have some questions:
How many people will stay in the apartment? and how long do you want to stay?
Do you have an employment contract?
Do you have a pet?

Thank you, Sarah

Fra: Sara Gunther <[email protected]>
Emne: Re: SEK4475 / 2br - 76m2 - Apartment 2 bedrooms for rent in Malmo

Hello xxxxx, What you say is ok with me. Unfortunately, I am not there to show you the apartment because I was in Germany when I decided to rent it.
Here is the address so you can check the area and transportation: Kungsgatan 60, 21213 Malmo
The apartment is exactly like in the photos. If you don't want something, you can get it out and put it in the basement.
Because I am not there, I want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for me), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain and establish everything.
Thank you, Sarah

Fra: Sara Gunther <[email protected]>
Emne: Re: SEK4475 / 2br - 76m2 - Apartment 2 bedrooms for rent in Malmo

Hello xxxxx,
I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be500 X 2 + 1000 = 2000 euro).
After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
Thank you, Sarah

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#352813 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:09 pm
Fra: Airbnb Inc Ltd < [email protected] >
Emne: Booking Confirmation Apartment 2 bedrooms for rent in Malmo # 1515665300

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

You are going to Kungsgatan 60, 21213 Malmo! Please review your trip details below and get in touch with your host,Sarah Guenther to confirm the details of your arrival.

Thanks for using Airbnb.

Arrive
03/01/2018
Flexible Arrival Schedule

Depart
05/01/2018
Flexible Depart Schedule

61 Nights

1 Guests

€ 17 x 61 nights
€1037
Host Discount
€0
Refundable Security Deposit €1000
Airbnb Service Fee €23
Total: €2060

Apartment 2 bedrooms for rent in Malmo
Kungsgatan 60, 21213 Malmo

Owner Information:
Sarah Guenther
E-mail: [email protected]

Guest Information
xxxxxx

Payment

Your reservation has been accepted, please send the payment to Airbnb by bank transfer within the next 24 hours. The payment is processed and collected by Airbnb in full. The security of your funds is ensured, and you’ll be protected by policies, such as cancellation policies and the Guest Refund Policy.
Please find our bank details below:

Beneficiary(Account Manager): ALMEIDA BNB LTD
IBAN: IT93 T034 7501 6050 0032 9677 546
Swift/BIC: INGBITD1XXX
Bank Name: ING BANK
Bank Address: VIA ARBE 20125, MILANO, ITALIA

IMPORTANT: In order for our system to easily identify your payment, please use the following reference "1515665300" when performing the transfer. No other words, spaces or dashes. Once the bank wire transfer has been made please email a copy of the receipt to your host. Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date. Airbnb Payments is a limited payment agent of the Host.

Whether the reservation is two days or two months away, we hold the payment until 24 hours after check-in before releasing the funds. This gives both parties time to do a walkthrough upon check-in and make sure that everything is as expected. The host will receive full payment from Airbnb 24 hours after you check in. Your payment is automatically covered against internet fraud up to €20,000.

CANCELLATION POLICY
MODERATE: REFUND OF TOTAL 5 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE, without FEES.

SECURITY DEPOSIT
AIRBNB RETAIN THE SECURITY DEPOSIT AND ANY COLLECTION MADE ONLY IF THE HOST ANY INCIDENT REPORTS.

HOUSE RULES
THE RULES ARE SIMPLE, Respect THE APARTMENT AND THE THINGS THAT CONTAINS.

Customer Support
We're here to help! If you need assistance with your reservation, please don't hesitate to contact us.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#352920 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm
Subject: €600 / 2br - 73m2 - Apartment for rent in Stuttgart (Stuttgart)

Hello,

The apartment is free, very quiet area, has everything you need: TV, air conditioning, high speed internet (towels, sheets, cutlery), washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.
Rent is 600 per month (for the entire flat) and I require a deposit of 600 euro. The monthly rent has the charges included (heating, gas, electricity, water).
We bought this apartment for our family's personal use, but now we are back home permanently in Poland, so we are trying to rent it.
We will not use the apartment for a long time, so you can rent it for as long as you want.
To know each other a little better I have some questions:
How many people will stay in the apartment? and how long do you want to stay?
Do you have an employment contract?
Do you have a pet?

Thank you, Sarah

#360278 by Bryon Williams Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 pm
Sandra Friedl < [email protected] > wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Like you saw in the posting, the rent for the entire apartment is 660 euro per month and for the entire period that you want to stay a security deposit of 600 euro is required. All monthly bills for this apartment are included in the rent price (electricity,water,heating,gas).
> The location of the apartment is very quiet and also close to the city center.
> As you can see in the photos the apartment is fully equipped: kitchen (micro,fridge,oven,toaster,blender, dishwasher), bath (washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets), apartment (TV,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed internet).
> My family bought this apartment so you are renting directly from the owner. Minimum renting period is 2 months, maximum 5 years. We have lived there for 5 years but due to our business, we have moved back to our origin in Germany.
> I want to know you a little better so please make a short story about you and include this answers also:
> if you work here, what profession and if you got a contract, how much do you want to stay, how many guests, do you have pets...
>
> Thank you, Sandra

Subject: Re: SEK6399 / 2br - 73m2 - Apartment for rent in Stockholm (Stockholm)

Hello xxxx, This is the apartment address so you can check it out on google for routes, transportation and surroundings: Olofsgatan 3, 111 36 Stockholm
Your description is good for me. Sadly, we are not in the city to to show you the apartment personally because we decided to rent it after we left to Germany.
We made the photos just before we left so the apartment is fully mobilated exactly like in the photos. We have a basement in the building where you can put everything you don't need.
As I said, because we are not in the city, we want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for us), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain the entire procedure.
Thank you, Sandra